Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 59

Author Topic: How have you been dying recently?  (Read 155214 times)

detective1412

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How have you been dying recently?
« Reply #465 on: December 12, 2012, 07:26:42 am »

HONOR THE DEAD!
Aban ezumastesh Azzinberdan Ramtak, The Walking Livid Execution,a vampire necromancer dwarf,just died!
...Fighting a giant cave spider.

Scott Cee

• Bay Watcher
  • a medium-sized humanoid prone to procrastination
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: December 12, 2012, 08:05:39 am »

I managed to kick two alligators to death after having my arms smashed by a hammerman, but the third scaly git ripped my leg off and I bled to death.
Scott Cee Cancels Sleep : Playing Dwarf Fortress

Garn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: December 12, 2012, 03:21:39 pm »

I got trapped between two of my animated corpses in a dragon's lair while I wasn't next to the dragon in a 1-wide part of the lair
the corpses were all semi/megabeasts and titans
I think you can guess what happened next

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: December 13, 2012, 03:07:13 am »

Well, there was this one time where I traveled to an old fortress, disturbed some pissed off ghosts, got attacked by demons, and was followed by an undead horde.

As my adventurer met his end, I could only think "yeah, it's time."

Scootagoose

• Bay Watcher
  • I'll kill them before I do.
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: December 15, 2012, 03:31:45 pm »

I was killed by a giant mantis. It just started biting me to death.
Unf.

sirinon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: December 15, 2012, 06:47:06 pm »

there is a were creature peasant in a cave who has punched four of my adventurers to death now, he is literally just a peasant who is really good at punching.

EDIT:
He has now murdered EIGHT adventurers. this is just a peasant, no armour, no weapons..... I have tried training my adventurers to no success he just beats them to death.

suggestions ?
« Last Edit: December 15, 2012, 09:15:52 pm by sirinon »

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: December 15, 2012, 09:41:21 pm »

Bring about a demigod of the utmost prestige, and a posse of no less than three meatshieldsmighty warriors.

Surely a naked peasant, no matter how skilled in the martial arts, is no match for a sqaud of highly trained, armed and armored soldiers.

Is he an untransformed werebeast, as well, or just a ruffian/murderer with no bandit gang to hang out with?
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

sirinon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: December 16, 2012, 12:54:52 am »

Is he an untransformed werebeast, as well, or just a ruffian/murderer with no bandit gang to hang out with?

Untransformed werebeast, I figure I will need to go on an uber training regime just to finish him..... seriously it is a joke how many of my adventurers he has killed.

it is going to be sweet murdering him finally.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: December 16, 2012, 02:37:36 am »

I know how that feels; I once lost three to four adventurers and many, many groups of companions to one bandit camp. The bastards were nearly invincible, it seemed. Don't recall whether I ever actually beat them or just said f--- it and found something easier to stab in the face. Probably the latter.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Crabs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: December 16, 2012, 05:19:59 am »

Do skills/attributes of NPCs increase as well? Then they would grow stronger everytime you lose and your next adventurer would have to face a stronger enemy than before. This could be an explanation for his 8-kill streak.
(\/) (*o*) (\/)

Mister Crabby the Pincers of Stabbing?

omg_scout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: December 16, 2012, 08:20:39 am »

Sneak and throw things at him, the heavier the better. Always works.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: December 16, 2012, 02:35:12 pm »

Do skills/attributes of NPCs increase as well? Then they would grow stronger everytime you lose and your next adventurer would have to face a stronger enemy than before. This could be an explanation for his 8-kill streak.

They do if the creature is sentient (most humanoids), actually, so that is a serious problem as well.
I make Spellcrafts!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #477 on: December 16, 2012, 03:30:07 pm »

A demi-god adventurer. Grand master swordsdwarf with a bronze shortsword. In the most hostile lands imaginable with naught but wits and skill to survive. Tekkud danced with the honey badger, hunted flocks of bountiful Ibex, competed with the Giant Cheetah and dingo packs alike, even outsmarted the witty Owl. Tekkud fought the stingray in its natural environment underwater, walked the fields of torment and strolled admist the lands of raining goblin blood and the arid deserts of wilderness. Tekkud even killed four bogeymen in the night, when fear was at its apex.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Tekkud was going to go to a necromancer tower, this would be where Tekkud would complete his training. But Tekkud stumbled upon a lair.

The ground was littered with grinded Dwarf bones and skulls, Dwarf meat and fat strewn about like meals in an Elven feast. By bauxite bowls and a star ruby cauldron was a decorated bronze mail shirt and a single bismith bronze low boot. Opal adorned the bronze armour and the skill clearly showed Dwarven make. Coins in the lair had been minted that year from Tekkud's civilization, and the corpses hadn't decayed.
It was inhabited.
The bleak horror spotted the intruder in its foul lair. Behind it was a wealth of rich bronze Dwarven armour, high boots and low boots, mail shirts and gold coins. In front of it was the unmistakable body of a mutilated Dwarf.
In his rage Tekkud missed his throw, the spinning dagger easily avoided by the horror. Tekkud hewed at its legs, stabbed at its body and tried choking it to death but to little avail.
That's when the curse of the bronze manifested.
Caught in its grasp, the mail shirt became entangled, combining beast and hero into a vicious melee. Tekkud at first was confident that this fight would be over, but the bleak horror would not die. Tekkud tried cutting off a tooth as a trophy, when the beast bit down on his foot, the one with the bronze boot on it. Severed nerves and arteries brought Tekkud to a shuddering realization; his adventures were over. He could not escape. He could not break the grasp that horror held over him and his cursed armour.
But soon,
Soon the bleak horror was dead. Bleeding to death with a last satisfied look on its misshapen face.
Tekkud donned the bronze armour, took a single gold coin and left into the dark.
Eight bogeymen caught the lone bronze Dwarf, limping with a single coin in one hand and a sword in the other, his shield long since having been abandoned.
Even with just one working leg Tekkud killed three bogeymen, fighting and slashing and punching to the last. Again and again the bogeymen would strike, only for Tekkud to be barely saved by the artifice of unknown Dwarven armourers.
But the fear of the night was too much,
And Tekkud was overwhelmed.

Successful adventure.

wer6

• Bay Watcher
  • SCOUT DOESNT WANNA GIVE A KISS
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
« Reply #478 on: December 16, 2012, 05:55:33 pm »

Walking in the wild then suddenly: atleast a hundred demons swooped from the fucking sky and murdered my poor elven adventurer: I realized I walked next too my fort: demon hole: a mega project where I build a hole from eh surface too hell: 15 by 15: I pumped magma out by sheer luck: and then it fell due too the hundred of slade demons and the Diamond ants demons. Oh and there were steam ghosts that spit blood that melts faces.
Just before leaving, Psysquid quickly summons a Burrito in his mouth.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: December 18, 2012, 12:04:58 am »

Well.
It's finally over.
Finally, irrevorcably over.
Onol Nekolurdim Uzolken Idok, my last remaining 31.25 adventurer and the most successful adventurer I've ever had, ever, is going to die by ocean freezing. He's 3 world tiles away from shore, and sundown is fast approaching. It freezes here in the north.
Onol started out rather humble, an experiment of mine to see how an adventurer would fare if he were to spawn at the earliest year I knew of, 5 years after the creation of the world. I didn't know about advanced worldgen then, obviously.
He started out, as I was saying, in a small dwarven town; I can't remember which. This is 31.25 Genesis, just note. He immediately started adventuring, and I decided on a whim that as a 'Noble Savage', Onol would take a piece of every kill he made, be it bone, tooth, or what - and engrave it on his weapon.
His weapon is the main bit, I suppose. Onol was lucky enough to spawn right near a bandit camp, and that camp had a copper pick in it. That same pick would go on to slaughter hundreds.
After that first quest, Onol returned, cobalt shield and copper pick in hand. Due to the bandits being sentient, Onol could not get any trophies from them, though he'd eventually work around that. He would get quests to go kill wild beasts, eventually going whole continents away just to satisfy the one village. I eventually discovered that I could report to any village, and ended up roaming around the world because of this. As he slew beast in combat, ranging from the dragon to the deep crow to the feared hydra, Onol took a piece of each of them and crafted it into a bone earring, or ring, or bracelet, etc, and another into a decoration for his <<copper pick>>. Onol grew strong on the corpses of his enemies, and in time he grew bored of hunting only beasts and bogeymen, the only things he could not butcher. So he eventually reapproached civilization.
Here is where Onol fought his first Bronze Collossus.
By this point, Onol was fairly valuable to me, so I had savescummed twice - once from a bullshit death that involved him falling into a hole and dying, and once from waking up with his throat slashed by a goblin arrow, yet still taking out 30+ goblins, all of the band, before bleeding out.
He visited a small human village by the name of LeafSomething, and asked if they had any quests. By this point Onol had accumulated a lost upper left back tooth and a scar on his right lower arm, numerous scars on his right hand, and a piddling scratch on his left upper leg. The village responded to his query with the fact that there was a BC just outside of their village that had been terrorizing them, and they would be grateful if it were killed. Pickaxe and one cobalt, three iron, one meteoric, and two magabeast hide shields (I was both invested in Onol and umaware of custom at the time) in hand, Onol set out to meet the beast. It was a hot jungle, and as he approached the shrine, the collossus caught him by surprise, charging him before he could do anything. Now be aware, Onol had killed a fair few gobbo and elf bandits, and had gained 25 -<<spellwood singing arrows>>-. These would save his life. Onol struck the beast again and again, but his copper pick only dented the BC due to his superdwarven strength, not the crucial chip. He quickly realized this and began chucking arrows.
Additionally, due to making a new crafting knife every time he crafted jewlery, and then throwing it away, Onol was fairly good at throwing.
He threw many arrows, most of which bounced off, but a few of which cracked the bronze skin of the beast. Onol then moved in, striking and striking ang striking again, until at last, success - a mighty blow shattered the beast's leg in twain, and a second did the same for the other. Now the real work was to begin.
With many strikes, Onol shattered the arms of the beast, so they may no longer beat on him. He then (held the arrow key) and battered at the beast for quite literally three days. I kd you not, I auto attacked for three ingame days, training striking, kicking, shieldbashing in particular, and biting to legendary. I had to adjust to not dodge to train shield and so I wouldn't have to move, as it occasionally pushed and I dodged, disrupting my attack. After about 2 1/2 days, Onol became exhausted, and on the third day, when everything on the BC was shattered beyond repair, he fell unconcious for a short time from lack of sleep and constant fighting. No harm was inflicted to him, yet when the BC did it's push attack, it shattered his collarbone or something. His shoulder, I think. Anyhow, he was hurt bad, and his left testicle was sheared off. I like to imagine he was filled with rage, for on his next strike, Onol clove the collossus in twain. He collected the statue it left behind, it's pinky toe, and went ot the village. Weary, with a missing nut and shattered arm, he put the statue down in the center of the town, gifted the toe to the questgiver, and slept for two days. He then went off adventuring again. The next bit is all one big glorious bloodstained blur to me; Onol lost the fat on his upper and lower body and on his left lower leg fighting balrogs, and killed another collossus, this time within a day. Eventually he got to the point where it was a bore to kill anything but megabeasts, and not even them. He no longer slaughtered wolf packs, only broke their toes until they went away. Eventually he went exploring some island chains, and while swimming, encountered a sea serpent. He was no stranger to these, and one-shotted it. However, it sank to the bottom of the sea - as if that would stop Onol Skullstower the Oily Whims of Pointing. He dove to the bottom of the sea, butchered that bitch with a knife he carved on the spot, and swam back up, with new bling.
After navigating the lagstorms caused by icebergs, Onol arrived on a new island. It was to be the last time he set foot on land.
After exploring the island, Onol set off for the next one, hoping that the next island would be a continent. He set out at dawn, when the water was still frozen. To this day, I wish I had set out at night.
He ran out onto the ice, encountering strange geometricalflaws in the ice. Eventually , though, they had to melt, and Onol swam. However, due to a bug in the game, Onol never gained any experience in swimming, and he swam at a pitiful 492 speed. Eventually Onol grew worried and set back, but the sun was setting. He is now three world tiles from shore and the water is cold. I know that he will not make it, so there he sits.
I can't let go of Onol; he is too precious to me, so instead I treasure his save file as that of a valuable artifact. I like to imagine that he spontaneously ascended to join the Armok in his hall. However the journey will end, I know that he pleased Armok.
Blood for the Blood God.

FINAL STATS:
Onol Nekolurdim Uzolken Idok
Superdwarven Strength
Superdwarven Agility
Superdwarven Toughness
Superdwarven Endurance
Average Recuperation
Average Disease Resistance
Very Low Analytical Ability
Low Focus (started out as Very Low, but evolved to Low)
Superdwarven Willpower
Very Low Creativity
Very Low Intuition
Very Low Patience
Very Low Memory
Very Low Linguistic Ability
Superdwarven Spatial Sense
Very Low Musicality
Superdwarven Kinesthetic Sense
Very Low Empathy
Very Low Social Awareness
Legendary Miner 5455/7000
Dabbling Wood Cutter 136/500
Expert Butcher 1292/1300
Novice Weaver 408/600
Dabbling Herbalist 273/500
Novice Leatherworker 10/600
Expert Bone Carver 1088/1300
Adequate Axedwarf 367/700
Dabbling Knife User 301/500
Dabbling Speardwarf 230/500
Legendary Shield User 48493/54700
Legendary Armor User 752/5400
Legendary Thrower 1586/2400
Legendary Ambusher 2596/3800
Legendary Crutchwalker 1356/3300
Adequate Swimmer 0/700
Novice Concentrarion 384/600
Legendary Observer 499/3800
Legendary Fighter 27259/57600
Legendary Archer 1586/2400
Legendary Wrestler 357/3500
Legendary Biter ????/???? (the status bar thingy covered it up)
Legendary Striker 1177/2200
High Master Kicker 515/1800
Legendary Didger 1340/3400
Legendary Misc. Object User 1873/2700
Expert Knapper 816/1300
Average sized for a steel dwarf

Kills: Too many to list, but I'll put the numbers down:
470 Notable Kills
524 Other Kills

He has at least 10 bages of masterowrk bone bling, and his <<copper pick>> has an insanely long list of decorations. I estimate it would be worth a million or more dwarfbucks, though I'm not sure. He would increase the wealth of any fortress he migrated to by a SUBSTANTIAL amount, though.

Gone to join Armok in his hall of blood, here lies

ONOL NEKOLURDIM UZOLKEN IDOK
ONOL SKULLSTOWER THE OILY WHIMS OF POINTING
LEGENDARY DWARF
MAY YOU FIND GLORY BY ARMOK'S SIDE
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 59