Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: "The world has passed into The Golden Age" <-- What?  (Read 4556 times)

Hans Lemurson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
"The world has passed into The Golden Age" <-- What?
« on: February 06, 2011, 08:50:19 pm »

As I was busy turning a siege into pincushions, a message popped up saying "The world has passed into The Golden Age".

What does this mean?  Will it have any repurcussions on my fortress?
Foolprooof way to penetrate aquifers of unlimited depth.  (Make sure to import at least 10 stones for mechanisms)
Toughen Dwarves by dropping stuff on them.  (Nothing too heavy though, and make sure to wear armor.)
"Urist had a little lamb
whose feet tracked blighted soot.
And into every face he saw
his sooty foot he put."

Carcanken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: "The world has passed into The Golden Age" <-- What?
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2011, 09:10:19 pm »

The wiki is your friend, you can use it.

DF Wiki definition of "golden age"
"Civilizations are expanding, and there are no wars and other things for them to worry about."

Silophant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2011, 12:09:14 am »

Basically, you ended your civ's war with the goblins, and that was the last war in the world.

Double A

• Bay Watcher
  • GWARRRRR
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2011, 12:55:09 am »

Wait, where does the wiki define all the ages?
Please, take a moment of silence for all the venerable old threads rendered unintelligible by the Great Photobucket Dickification of 2017. So much was lost.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2011, 01:00:52 am »

So.. either he killed them all, or they surrendered?

Haruspex_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2011, 01:16:35 am »

That info seems to be in the 40d version of the "Calendar" page. Somehow it didn't get updated to DF2010.

Double A

• Bay Watcher
  • GWARRRRR
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2011, 01:25:19 am »

That info seems to be in the 40d version of the "Calendar" page. Somehow it didn't get updated to DF2010.

Then someone should just copypaste it.
Please, take a moment of silence for all the venerable old threads rendered unintelligible by the Great Photobucket Dickification of 2017. So much was lost.

ltprifti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2011, 01:29:12 am »

Then someone should just copypaste it.

just search it i found it in seconds....
http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/40d:Calendar

Hans Lemurson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2011, 01:31:36 am »

"Civilizations are expanding, and there are no wars and other things for them to worry about."
Yes, foolish me, I only read the DF2010:Calendar wiki page rather than checking all 3 versions.  The information you have given me can be found on the 40d:Calendar page.  Your information was helpful, but your attitude was not.

Basically, you ended your civ's war with the goblins, and that was the last war in the world.
Wait...so no more goblin attacks?  I won the war?  I could have sworn I was still getting the odd snatcher and ambush.  That would be unfortunate since I built this fort with the explicit intention of constructing an Ice-Trap.

It does appear that I am at peace with the Goblins.  All races are at peace with everybody.  Is there any way I could re-kindle the goblin wars?
Foolprooof way to penetrate aquifers of unlimited depth.  (Make sure to import at least 10 stones for mechanisms)
Toughen Dwarves by dropping stuff on them.  (Nothing too heavy though, and make sure to wear armor.)
"Urist had a little lamb
his sooty foot he put."

Imakuni

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Dance Floor!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2011, 01:58:26 am »

Yes, foolish me, I only read the DF2010:Calendar wiki page rather than checking all 3 versions.  The information you have given me can be found on the 40d:Calendar page.  Your information was helpful, but your attitude was not.

Wait...so no more goblin attacks?  I won the war?  I could have sworn I was still getting the odd snatcher and ambush.  That would be unfortunate since I built this fort with the explicit intention of constructing an Ice-Trap.

It does appear that I am at peace with the Goblins.  All races are at peace with everybody.  Is there any way I could re-kindle the goblin wars?

I think goblins send caravans when they're at peace with you.

Kill the caravans.
Urist McImmigrant: "What?! Hey! What's going onnn---aaaaRRRGGHH!!"
Urist McSurgeon: "Must remove the rot, yes.  This one is unclean, ssssss.  Purity of essence, yesss."
Urist McImmigrant: "Whhaa---aaaARRGHH OW!  MY PANCREAS!  AAAAGGHH!! THAT'S MY - NOOOOO---AAARRGHGHHH!!!"
Urist McImmigrant has suffocated.

Double A

• Bay Watcher
  • GWARRRRR
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2011, 01:58:39 am »

No idea, I think they send a caravan in winter if they're peaceful, though. At least that's what the 40d calendar article says.

Hans Lemurson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2011, 05:54:37 am »

Well, I'm 2 years into "The Golden Age", there are no wars listed in the world...but I just fought off an ambush, and now a siege has arrived!
"Urist had a little lamb
his sooty foot he put."

Mister Always

• Bay Watcher
  • SQUARE-GO LIKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2011, 07:04:08 am »

No peace, no problem.

Reap the goblinite!  :D
"""The ability to quote is a serviceable substitute for wit." - W. Somerset Maugham" -Forumite" -Mister Always

Davichococat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2011, 12:27:13 pm »

Check the Civ screen.
If the goblins are at peace at you, they will send caravans all seasons. I guess you know what to do next.

Being curious, what was the age and the size of your world? I only get this message on pocket worlds.

You are not the only!

assimilateur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2011, 02:04:00 pm »

In .28, and from what I've seen in .31 as well, being formally at peace - as indicated by the letter "P" in the civ screen - with goblins didn't mean shit. As long as they were babysnatchers, according to their raws, they'd be hostile despite no official state of war. There also used to be no conceivable way of ending hostilities in fortress mode, since invader populations were spawned ad hoc, and were hence unlimited. I hope this hasn't changed in .31, and the original poster's experience (first the golden age, then a new ambush) seems to indicate such.

Your information was helpful, but your attitude was not.

Directing people to the wiki is hardly indicative of an attitude problem.
Pages: [1] 2