Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 142

Author Topic: Free Game List  (Read 615621 times)

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
Re: Free Game List
« Reply #1860 on: December 24, 2022, 11:08:44 am »

epic store freebie for today is Metro Last Light Redux again

If you don't already have it (epic gave it away 2 or 3 times and gog did it once), get it as it's a truly excellent game, i completed it 2 times (i have it from gog) already.
Be sure to give a try to the DLC that are included with this Redux version, especially the "Kshatriya" mission , basically a "live the life of a Metro stalker sim"  , it's a though one but it is absolutely fantastic and could have been its own game if they pushed it further.

(note to access to all the bonus and dlc mission, you need to go to "Chapter Selection" to access the new missions)

apparently tomorrow it should be "Death Stranding" according to some people, as i have no idea what the clue given means myself.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2022, 11:11:44 am by Robsoie »

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1861 on: December 25, 2022, 11:18:17 am »

today on the epic store the freebie is "Death Stranding: Director Cut"
(no wonder it's currently impossible to log in on their website :D as there was suddenly a huge spike of people attracted but this one)
tomorrow it should be "F.I.S.T.: Forged In Shadow Torch", whatever it is.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2022, 11:26:34 am by Robsoie »

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1862 on: December 25, 2022, 01:44:27 pm »

some update, it seems epic decided the offer was too good and retrograded the free "Death Stranding Director Cut" into the regular "Death Stranding" version.

Too bad for people that waited before claiming it, especially as the Death Stranding devs company (505) decided to put their bugfix and FPS fixes patches ONLY for the director cut version.

« Last Edit: December 25, 2022, 01:47:09 pm by Robsoie »

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #1863 on: December 25, 2022, 02:56:57 pm »

Retrograded? As in those that already had claimed it were downgraded? Some total Bull if true.
Or just a poor choice of words?
Either way proves my continued distancing to be well founded.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1864 on: December 25, 2022, 03:05:56 pm »

Some people clearly said that in their library the game have been changed back to the regular version despite they claimed the director cut when it was available, true or not i can't say.

For me it had already been changed on the epic store page into the regular version when i was able to login to claim it, but earlier when it was impossible to log in the store displayed the director cut as free, not anymore.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2022, 03:09:49 pm by Robsoie »

marples

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1865 on: December 25, 2022, 05:43:38 pm »

Isn't the directors cut of Death Stranding the only version available anyway?

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1866 on: December 25, 2022, 06:12:43 pm »

yes the normal version has been delisted from most shops some time ago, that's probably why epic choose to give this one away because none sell it anymore as it's been replaced by the director cut.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1867 on: December 26, 2022, 12:05:43 pm »

epic store freebie today is "F.I.S.T.: Forged In Shadow Torch"
looks like a side scroller with furry characters.

tomorrow according to leaks it should be "Severed Steel" that is some kind of fast paced fps with stunts
and the day after it should be "Mortal Shell" that seems to be a rather good looking indie soul-like

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1868 on: December 27, 2022, 10:41:27 am »

You can claim for a few days the game "Worms Revolution Gold Edition" on gog (that's the main game with all the dlc built-in)
It's a very good Worms game but unfortunately its online feature is not working with that gog version, only local MP is available ..
But it's not that sad as unfortunately you would have difficulty to get matches on it online as very few people are around on it from what i read  (the main online and still alive Worms community seems to be on Worms Armageddon)

Additionally i would like to point that while not as great as Worms Armageddon, the open source game Hedgewars is a really good Worms-like game and have no online ability being removed .

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1869 on: December 27, 2022, 11:13:20 am »

Today on the epic store it's Severed Steel
seems to be an arena shooter with you doing lots of parkour type stunts and "bullet time" shots in small environment packed in neon lights

as the leak were then correct, tomorrow it should be the soul-like "Mortal Shell"
that i have high expectations about.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1870 on: December 28, 2022, 03:54:37 am »

I wish I could give robsoie some sort of reward for constantly keeping us updated.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1871 on: December 28, 2022, 06:36:51 am »

Just a simple handshake is enough  ;D

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1872 on: December 28, 2022, 11:05:12 am »

"Mortal Shell" is today's epic freebie.
It's a soul-like that seems to have a lot of potential, hopefully it lives up to it.
there's a free dlc that is in fact a replacement of the boss fights with some black metal soundtrack.

edit : too bad performance is absolutely horrible if you don't have a top PC , and worse if you think turning down some visual option will help you'll notice that it will only make the game unplayable as the fog will then becoming overbright and you'll barely see anything (a problem reported apparently but devs never bothered).
 Oh well, maybe a good game if you have a strong PC , not going to bother otherwise.

Apparently tomorrow the last of the epic daily free game should be "Dishonored"
« Last Edit: December 28, 2022, 12:54:42 pm by Robsoie »

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1873 on: December 28, 2022, 01:37:33 pm »

People with a "prime gaming" account can get Dishonored 2 for free on gog.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1874 on: December 29, 2022, 11:23:51 am »

On the epic store today the freebie is the most excellent "Dishonored: Definitive Edition" (it has all its DLC included)
And there's some MP-only shooter (but that originality is that it is also supposed to feature RTS elements) called "Eximius : Seize the Frontline" that is probably dead and with servers only having bots, but seems to feature AI for offline play and seems to have some good FPS/RTS potential

this conclude the december daily freebie , epic is back at weekly ones.
Next week looks like it will be a couple of very good ones :
"Kerbal Space Program" and "Shadow Tactics - Aiko's Choice" (the standalone expansion of the excellent Shadow Tactics Shogun's Blade)
« Last Edit: December 29, 2022, 11:28:44 am by Robsoie »
Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 142