Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Craziness of Melbilonshen, or Case of a Friendly Megabeast (40d)  (Read 3875 times)

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
Craziness of Melbilonshen, or Case of a Friendly Megabeast (40d)
« on: February 26, 2011, 03:00:47 pm »

So I'm happily playing a 40d fort. It already gave me a iron short sword called 'Destruction of Heavens'.

And now? I have a friendly megabeast ruler of goblins happily chasing wild camels around my desert.

Sutu on the hills.

Sutu the Friend.

Proof of Sutu's Rulership.

After a suggestion in the 'What is going in your Fort' thread, I copied the region and abandoned the fort, and then checked the legends...

He is quite peaceful dude.

It's the only notable kill written down. 6 'unknown's killed before that.

This is something of a Cacame case, but now it's a friendly ruler of enemies-by-default civilization.

Seemingly on crusade against camels.

I just have that little fear it will be like with goblin tower - friendly, but until siegers come. And a megabeast allied with goblins against my varied militia guys will be certainly FUN
« Last Edit: February 27, 2011, 04:06:39 am by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
Re: Craziness of Melbilonshen, or Case of a Friendly Megabeast
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2011, 03:14:31 pm »

...the hell is a moloch, anyway?

Also, when I saw that he was a member of the Monsters of Quietness my first thought was that he was a member of some weird pacifist Legion of Doom for megabeasts.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2011, 03:17:56 pm »

Who will control the world by sitting back and waiting for everyone to die of their own idiocy? :D

This is unheard-of as far as I know. Is a moloch an actual megabeast modded in with the [POWER] tag or is it just an escapee from hell?
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2011, 03:19:23 pm »

In my mod, moloch is... well.

Imagine a giant, thick yellow blob of fat and pus, and with large, heavy tentacles. Yeah.

It's 7th Moonstone, Sutu is still chilling around the desert, but it's time for centaur caravan to arrive.

I wonder how their encounter (if it will happen) will end.

@Eric Blank: Molochs are [INTELLIGENT], [MEGABEAST] and with [POWER] tag. Possibly combination of all those resulted in Sutu being friendly.

It's also 40d version, so no vast undergrounds.

EDIT: Centaurs arrived at other part of map, and missed the Moloch by a wide mark.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2011, 03:32:44 pm by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2011, 03:49:52 pm »

Oh jesus.

So, centaur caravan arrived.

Then, goblin ambush!

Sutu the Moloch is still listed as friendly... but apparently Sutu didn't liked my trade depot.

The megabeast is going inside the fortress! Neither my dwarves nor centaurs are startled by him. Where is he going? Does he have a plan? There's no pumps no magma nor any complicated mechanism that would screw with Melbilonshen...

What he is up to?

EDIT: He is destroying all the furniture! D:<

Downloading Dwarf Companion. Sutu must turn hostile.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2011, 04:14:38 pm by Haspen »
SigFlags!

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2011, 04:15:39 pm »

Clearly he has tired of chasing camels, and has decided to retire to his bedchamber. If he can find one suitable.

This behavior reminds me of the FB Diplomat bug in the newer versions, where if a buildingdestroyer joins a civ and ends up in a position where they'd visit your fort they would knock over buildings compulsively, even though they are friendly. This could be bad, especially since 40d doesn't have kill orders.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2011, 04:21:22 pm »

Clearly he has tired of chasing camels, and has decided to retire to his bedchamber. If he can find one suitable.

This behavior reminds me of the FB Diplomat bug in the newer versions, where if a buildingdestroyer joins a civ and ends up in a position where they'd visit your fort they would knock over buildings compulsively, even though they are friendly. This could be bad, especially since 40d doesn't have kill orders.

Well, if he will be (un)lucky enough to stand on a bridge and destroy it... he would plummet into chasm, with any bystanders as well.

That, or I will have to DC him hostile. Militia is on his spot so it should be quick pile-on-enemy work.
SigFlags!

plisskin

• Bay Watcher
  • That's "Plissken"
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2011, 08:16:23 pm »

He's awfully benevolent for his spheres of influence. Chaos, blight and deformity . . . and not a single kill?

He slackin' off on de job.
Legendary Wrestler
Legendary Ambusher

Left Eye

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2011, 08:19:35 pm »

He's awfully benevolent for his spheres of influence. Chaos, blight and deformity . . . and not a single kill?

He slackin' off on de job.

Chaos, blight, deformity. I don't see Death, Murder, Kill, Destroy in there.
What's more chaotic than a random demon thing running around your fort destroying furniture with impunity?
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2011, 09:03:26 pm »

He still seems to be missing on blight, though- needs to go poison some fields or something.

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2011, 09:20:24 pm »

He still seems to be missing on blight, though- needs to go poison some fields or something.

He is a blight upon the noble camel?

...yeah. it's a stretch.

EDIT: I'm recommending this for the FB drawing thread.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2011, 09:22:32 pm by Flaede »
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]