Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: How evil are you?  (Read 6461 times)

Ahrimahn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How evil are you?
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2011, 02:57:00 pm »

What was the most evil thing that you have done in Dwarf Fortress? My personal favorite is when i flooded a useless peasants with magma and water mined out the rock and made it into a chair and gave it to his wife so that she would stop complaining about her melted soap maker.

Did the wife recognize the chair as her husband? O.o

Urist McWife: Oh My Armok! What have they done to you Urist!
Urist McChair: ....
Urist McWife: Oh! But, you are so masterfully crafted now. Much more useful now.
Urist McChair: ....
Urist McWife: Oh well, back to work. Hi-Ho Hi-Ho Off to work I go

Urist McWife has been ecstatic lately. She has a lost a husband to tragedy lately. She admired a masterful obsidian throne lately.

Urist McChair: .... T_T

Anyways I try to keep the drunk little morons relatively safe and happy, as well as do my best to bury them properly when misfortune does strike. And it always does eventually, sometimes sooner rather than later.
I dont personally like wasting space on tombs so i usually just dump the body into the magma sea and make a memorial plaque.

Davichococat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2011, 04:51:50 pm »

I think I not evil. On my fort I try to keep everyone happy with their bedrooms, and these bedrooms probably always masterful image of Urist on the floor.

But the most evil act I did(I think) was similar to elpizo's act. I just put my 40 dwarves(actually the whole fort) on squads and military, to kill an cyclops.

Hyndis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2011, 04:54:50 pm »

But the most evil act I did(I think) was similar to elpizo's act. I just put my 40 dwarves(actually the whole fort) on squads and military, to kill an cyclops.

That isn't evil, its an act of desperation.

You did that for the greater good. Without that the fort would have been lost.

Davichococat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2011, 05:01:02 pm »

Indeed, and I only got 4 dead dwarves. Lol that was an epic fight, and man, that really spammed my gamelog.

Hospital was full though.

DrKillPatient

• Bay Watcher
  • The yak falls infinitely
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2011, 05:01:21 pm »

Generally I'm nice to my dwarves. Enemies (or elves), on the other hand, often find a nasty surprise in my fortress entrance. I have a series of bridges that I use to direct enemies into different trap rooms, including a blender containing multiple *large serrated steel discs*, an arena (looked over by dwarves behind glass), and a drowning chamber that fills at an incredibly slow rate. I have cage traps too, of course, since my war bears on the other side of the fortress occasionally get hungry...
"Frankly, if you're hanging out with people who tell you to use v.begin() instead of &v[0], you need to rethink your social circle."
    Scott Meyers, Effective STL

I've written bash scripts to make using DF easier under Linux!

Ahrimahn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2011, 06:04:49 pm »

Indeed, and I only got 4 dead dwarves. Lol that was an epic fight, and man, that really spammed my gamelog.

Hospital was full though.
Ive always thought it was more cost effective to just build a couple crossbow wielding squads and keep them in machine gun nests when anything threatening comes my way.

PCpaste

• Bay Watcher
  • This is how smithing works. (For dwarves at least)
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2011, 06:24:14 pm »

Locking the children up in a vault, with years of food.

You know, just in case.

But, probably when an ambush party went into my badger hallway, and the mangled goblins crawled away and swiftly bled to death.

Then another goblin ran at super speed out of my land, and I laughed loud enough to wake up my parents.

I mean, he was going FAST. Really fast. Supergobliny fast.

Anyway, it was pretty evil that I laughed so hard at the poor maimed goblins dragging their near lifeless bodies out of a hall full of weapon traps, and then another running the heck out of there.
That goblin's going to need therapy.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2011, 06:26:23 pm by PCpaste »
Dwarf Fortress: The only game where an Artificial Intelligence-controlled unit can pull the pants off someone and the proceed to beat said someone to death with said pants.

ral

• Bay Watcher
  • Praying to arm_ok
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2011, 07:05:50 pm »

Well, in adventure mode I killed off a whole village of people, or I would have anyway because they seemed to just keep respawning.

elpizo

• Bay Watcher
  • DOWN WE GO!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2011, 07:28:39 pm »

is being evil to elves count? because i do that alot, magma trap, bridge traps, slaughter, leave them fend off a titan release the gobs on them and then kill the gobs, all kind of stuff

ral

• Bay Watcher
  • Praying to arm_ok
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2011, 07:36:39 pm »

I have ordered my dwarves to slaughter all elf caravans that come along, but I thought that was normal rather than evil.

Of course I stopped doing that because then there are no elves left to haul all of their useless wooden crap off the map so the dwarves have to use their valuable time disposing of it all.

TheDarkJay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2011, 08:26:53 pm »

I made an church filled with statues of dwarves being killed horrifically. It has a room I lock anybody who gives birth in until the baby starves to death if I'm trying to keep the population down. Whether or not the mother starves to death is irrelevant unless they are one of the few dwarves too valuable to lose.

Then they just fight Goblins and other asserted critters in the Arena underneath the church until either the baby dies either from being hit with pointy sticks or starvation. The fate of the mother remains irrelevant.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2011, 08:28:49 pm by TheDarkJay »

elpizo

• Bay Watcher
  • DOWN WE GO!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2011, 09:28:38 pm »

I made an church filled with statues of dwarves being killed horrifically. It has a room I lock anybody who gives birth in until the baby starves to death if I'm trying to keep the population down. Whether or not the mother starves to death is irrelevant unless they are one of the few dwarves too valuable to lose.

Then they just fight Goblins and other asserted critters in the Arena underneath the church until either the baby dies either from being hit with pointy sticks or starvation. The fate of the mother remains irrelevant.
that's the worst i've seen yet! do you at least give weapons to the moms?they already have sheilds on them so i guess you dont give shields

tolkafox

• Bay Watcher
  • Capitalism, ho!
    • View Profile
    • Phantasm
« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2011, 10:51:54 pm »

I ordered them to pull the wrong lever. You know which one I'm talking about. 'Oops'.
It was a miracle of rare device, A sunny pleasure-dome with caves of ice!

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 19, 2011, 10:56:51 pm »

Instead of using the multi-legendary 30 dwarf army decked out in steel and adamantine to kill the dragon I recruited everyone else and sent them to fight it. It was funny watching dwarves get ripped apart and cows be turned into hamburger.

RiderofDark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2011, 11:48:22 pm »

I'm planning on developing a fully-functioning fortress with engineering defenses instead of a military. I'll be isolating a select few dwarves for isolation training. Once the fortress has reached a point where it can easily deal with sieges, I'll remove and dump all of the furniture (beds, tables, thrones, etc.) into an isolated area. If ghosts hang out only around meeting areas, then I'll also disassemble their tombstones/slabs. The meeting area will be filled with upright spike traps, so all other dwarves will inevitably die horrible deaths.

Another idea is to have a long and narrow corridor between the dining hall and the food stores. When a dwarf goes for food they step on a pressure plate that triggers floodgates to seal them in. Then it's either magma from above or spike traps from below. If the magma route, then resetting will involve retractable bridges to atomsmash everything.

Third idea involves controlled starvation. Since tallow and seeds can be cooked into meals, portions can be controlled. Dropping the tallow/seeds so access is only available to a Test Subject (referenced above) who then cooks them into a biscuit (two-item roast) and then drops the tallow biscuit into the food stores for the rest of the dwarves. Limit the number of available biscuit stacks to one-third of the current population (so two-thirds of the dwarven population can eat). Keep the biscuits on the other side of a bridge+moat so that dwarves have no access to it. Then, once per season, drop the bridge.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4