Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 291

Author Topic: Elona  (Read 569301 times)

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Elona
« Reply #150 on: May 08, 2011, 10:30:43 pm »

Necro, as I am addicted tot his game.  ;D

How do I boost my ranged accuracy? I keep replacing items with higher hit bonuses. Yet somehow my melee attack, which is untrained is more accurate.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: May 09, 2011, 12:45:19 am »

So I've been playing this a bit.  Bought some treasure balls.  Cannot figure out how to open them up.  They seem like something that would just be a 't' to use item.  Apparently not.  Can't figure it out.  Help?
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: May 09, 2011, 12:46:54 am »

o. Open. (Yeah, I admit it caught me out momentarily as well)

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: May 09, 2011, 12:57:42 am »

I looked through the list of controls and never noticed 'o' for open listed anywhere.  I must be blind.
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: May 09, 2011, 03:36:28 am »

Necro, as I am addicted tot his game.  ;D

How do I boost my ranged accuracy? I keep replacing items with higher hit bonuses. Yet somehow my melee attack, which is untrained is more accurate.

Ranged weapons tend to be less accurate than melee.  Also, all attack skills start at skill 4 minimum, so there is really no such thing as "untrained" weapon skill in Elona.  Just keep using your ranged attack, and eventually you'll get better at it.

As for actually hitting targets, note that accuracy varies based on the range of the target and the weapon used.  Shotguns generally can't hit anything past 3 spaces, for instance.  If you want to attack foes across the screen, you'll want a longbow or laser pistol.  List of Ranged Weapon ranges

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: May 09, 2011, 03:47:38 am »

Laser Pistol: Fuck you everything! I got a laser!

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: May 09, 2011, 03:52:31 am »

I've been playing a fairy pianist named Twitch, shooting stuff with a paper machine gun and paper bullets.  I've found the equipment weight restriction pretty drastic.  Mica, Paper, Silk, and occassionaly Obsidian are really the only materials I can think of off the top of my head that I can equip as armor or weapons.
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: May 09, 2011, 03:55:40 am »

The basic idea of the fairy pianist is that you don't even have any equipment for yourself, because by the time you come across a new chest plate, you have three new party members to equip. So yea, you can afford the best shit in that money can buy, but you give it to your pets.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: May 09, 2011, 04:07:58 am »

The basic idea of the fairy pianist is that you don't even have any equipment for yourself, because by the time you come across a new chest plate, you have three new party members to equip. So yea, you can afford the best shit in that money can buy, but you give it to your pets.

Yeah, that's my problem.  I haven't figured out how to make good use of allies.  Totally doing it wrong.
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: May 09, 2011, 04:20:58 am »

Allies->Get two good melee allies.  Everyone else should either be a spellcaster or a ranged fighter.  Yerles Machine Infantry is good for ranged, give 'em guns you can't carry due to weight.  And sell your starting pet (after unequiping everything from your pet!) to the Slave Trader in Derphy, you can buy better guaranteed.

Oh, and use scrolls of inferior material on any good artifacts so your fairy can use them.  You have the jeweler skill, which is used to make scrolls of inferior material with a gemcutter.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: May 09, 2011, 04:53:28 am »

Eew, spellcasters? Wait until your much higher level. Else you get stuck with casters with weak as water spells.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: May 09, 2011, 07:04:50 pm »

Pets/slaves can cast spells? Even when I give them godly ranged weapons they only shoot them off like... Once before going in with their inferior melee weapon.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: May 09, 2011, 07:11:02 pm »

It's dependent on their inbuilt AI. Basically, if you see a type of mob that runs away and shoots at you consistently, if you capture it as a pet, it will do so for you as well over melee. I think the Yerles Machine Infantry is an early one you can get that does it, but I don't remember exactly.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: May 09, 2011, 07:16:16 pm »

Just do not try and catch a nurse. Seems like a good idea, but it isn't. It is a bad idea.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: May 09, 2011, 08:15:08 pm »

I'd play elona again, but it fucks up my laptop's keybindings so bad.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 291