Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 291

Author Topic: Elona  (Read 569633 times)

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
Re: Elona
« Reply #480 on: June 20, 2011, 04:35:05 am »

Bells themselves are fairly low level, though, insofar as when you can catch them. They're just somewhat rare.

I would recommend thinking really hard about catching one, though. Give one a shuriken and you'll have more or less completely dominated the game for a long while -- it'll murder just about everything, until you start running into the really silly stuff. There's also nothing stopping you from dominating bells until your party size hits max... and giving all of them shurikens and/or panties, if you don't want to bother with gene splicing.

Anyway, there's a list of guaranteed small medals laying around the 'net somewhere. Iirc, you can have a bell (or three) before you hit the puppy cave/do your first quest, if you work it right. After you've done that, the only thing you really have to worry about until end-game dungeon stuff is probably quicklings (if I remember the name right...), which are the other hyperspeed critters in Elona.

Panties are quite lethal in a fast creature's hands. MIND DAMAGE.

EDIT: Also, quicklings are weaker than bells, as they are slower than bells.

Remember, if you can acquire rubynus equips, give them to your bells. They have a health stat of 1, but a rubynus piece of equipment gives 3 points of life, quadrupling their health.

Just keep them away from poisonous and cutting creatures, like the blades (cutting).
« Last Edit: June 20, 2011, 04:38:20 am by New Guy »
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: June 20, 2011, 04:56:50 am »

Artifact tips: Consider the material of the artifact that you want to buy (from traveling vendors probably) when trying to buy curly bracketed ('{' '}') artifacts. These things generally have more enchantments than angle bracketed ('<' '>') items, but they cannot be changed except with material kits. Material kits can be purchased for a hefty price in noyel during the last month of the year (xmas version and up) or from a certain mountain city accessible via a dangerous cave (all versions).

Angle bracketed artifacts can be changed with scrolls of inferior/change/superior materials, making them more versatile if you get lucky with the enchantments. If you have a great Jeweler skill, go get some materials, a gem cutter and create some superior material scrolls to enhance your equipment. Alternatively, invest in magic shops. Investing will make them stock more expensive items, expand the amount of money they can hold (which you can obtain by having a little tail with the shopkeeper) and increase the chances of better items to appear (in the case of the magic shops, potions of potential, cure corruption and love potions).

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: June 20, 2011, 07:59:15 am »

Hahahaha...

A sword which deals high levels of fire damage.

Perfect.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Bardum Idith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: June 20, 2011, 10:19:06 am »

The NPCs seem to have lost track of their inventories today. First I do an "I want it!" quest with an api-nut and get rewarded with gold, a spellbook and... an api-nut. The next one wants a spellbook of magic arrow, and gives me one as reward  O_o

Detonate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: June 20, 2011, 10:29:10 am »

Is there a way to get NPCs drunk without throwing alcohol at them, which makes them hostile?
Looks like that poison wasn`t good for their eyes at all.
I never thought I'd say this, but Nietzsche is just adorable.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: June 20, 2011, 10:30:48 am »

Give it to them
*Hugs*

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: June 20, 2011, 10:54:53 am »

"G" is the shortcut key for give.
"g" is get/grab.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: June 20, 2011, 11:16:09 am »

Yes indeed. Push i to interact, point at NPC, choose give. Sling alcohol at your target thusly.

I need to stop selling my booze. Tail with shopkeepers sounds handy.

Steps needed to profit:
1.) Have high charisma.
2.) Invest in shops (investing skill helps here)
3.) Get alcohol
4.) Recover your stamina and give alcohol
5.) Have a little tail
6.) ????
7.) Profit!

Bardum Idith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: June 20, 2011, 11:21:56 am »

Yes indeed. Push i to interact, point at NPC, choose give. Sling alcohol at your target thusly.

Steps needed to profit:
1.) Have high charisma.
3.) Get alcohol
5.) Have a little tail
6.) Get STDs
7.) Profit!
Fixed :P

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: June 20, 2011, 11:22:59 am »

Hahahaha...

A sword which deals high levels of fire damage.

Perfect.

Strive to worship Itzpalt and get his Elemental Staff.

One relatively easy way to get favor for him is to know how to pick pockets and steal the wizards of elea's staves. To note is that the wizards have a neck and two ring slots, and is a very nice source for engagement stuff, which you can give to other adventurers to ensure better gifts in the new year.

How you're going to learn how to steal, is I dunno. You could find disguise kits in dungeons, or scrolls of incognito and grab a disguise kit in the thieves guild while learning pickpocket on the way.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: June 20, 2011, 11:23:47 am »

Steps needed to profit:
1.) Have high charisma.
3.) Get alcohol
5.) Have a little tail
6.) Get STDs
7.) Profit!
Fixed :P

Such a thing could be fixed by hanging yourself though, so it's still a win-win. XDD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: June 20, 2011, 11:34:12 am »

You can also repeatedly buy and sell Wizards of Elea at the slave trader (I think they're available at level 1, maybe not) in the hopes of getting staves, but that ends up costing a lot over time and takes forever (money isn't exactly a problem for me, being a fairy pianist with >24 performer). Even if you're just getting the same wizards over and over they'll have rerolled equipment each time.

Patchy

• Bay Watcher
  • Mukyu
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: June 20, 2011, 02:18:06 pm »

If you are gonna be a prostitue I'd just recomend getting some gear that maintains all your stats. When you got that, the std's do nothing. I do prefer performance or cargo runs for money making but, they do make you pretty good at selling yourself out too.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: June 20, 2011, 02:33:23 pm »

Oh, the stat maintaining stuff does nothing.
I've checked.
Also, I have a staff that apparently empowers my spells, by a large amount.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Patchy

• Bay Watcher
  • Mukyu
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: June 20, 2011, 04:42:39 pm »

I'm using the xmas version, and the stat maintaining gear does work for me. I even checked just now, I ran around sick for a few days and lost no stats. It was like it wasn't even there. Make sure you get maintains luck and speed too, very easy to overlook those 2, but the others are pretty obvious.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 291