Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 291

Author Topic: Elona  (Read 566453 times)

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Elona
« Reply #555 on: June 24, 2011, 05:21:00 am »

Spoiler: See what I got (click to show/hide)
I think your new wife is subtly telling you to keep your pants on.

~

I didn't realize this thread was still active (or maybe I am confusing it with a different thread). I recently picked up the game myself and I have a few questions that I wasn't able to answer from the wiki.

Traveling (not necessarily skill-related): When you reach a new location after traveling on the world map, you get some experience. Is this 'bonus' experience that goes into your experience pool that is spent before you achieve the next level, effectively increasing (albeit not all that much) the amount that you can raise your skills?

Is it worth investing in shops to improve their items (beyond what the wiki says about only bothering with magic shops for scrolls/potions, black markets for enchanted items, and food for training), or do you eventually get strong items from dungeons?

I've been clearing dungeons to break the monotony in running between downs doing deliveries/harvesting, but it feels like I level up a lot faster when killing enemies. Is that because combat skills are balanced to consume experience faster (compared to non-combat skills like weight lifting, sense quality, casting) because they're used intermittently, or does killing mobs 'waste' experience and the experience does not go into any particular skill?

PS: How do my stats look? I got lucky with some good ether diseases (wings for speed, giant head for learning) but I want to know how they appear given that I'm level 17.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 05:25:04 am by Niveras »

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: June 24, 2011, 05:35:56 am »

You're thinking Elona works like Crawl; it doesn't. Experience is experience and only contributes to your level (which contributes very little to your character overall). Experience has nothing at all to do with skills; skills increase as you use them regardless of experience. Level is largely considered detrimental if anything.

Skills (and attributes as well) are subject to "potential" which is basically the standard practise of making skills take longer to level up as they get better turned into a proper game mechanic. The more you train a skill or attribute, the lower the skill potential gets; the lower the potential is, the slower the skill trains. If I remember correctly, for maximum efficiency you should be increasing skill potential to 100% and no higher (the effect of training potential slopes off above 100% or something).

I'd say that combat undoubtedly gives you more experience than other fields. I mean, my current pianist is about one-and-a-half game months ahead of your character and I'm level 9.

Investing in shops is a very good idea if you want anything like a regular supply of advanced potions.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: June 24, 2011, 05:51:28 am »

Spoiler: See what I got (click to show/hide)
Girdles, and gloves? It seems like someone thought you'd be into some freaky stuff.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: June 24, 2011, 06:00:42 am »

Don't worry, she's almost 18...

If that's so, how old is she? Is she 6 years away from 18?

On second thought, I don't want to know.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: June 24, 2011, 06:01:12 am »

This thread is getting all kinds of creepy
*Hugs*

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: June 24, 2011, 06:06:14 am »

This thread is getting all kinds of creepy

Then again, this is Elona, after all...

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: June 24, 2011, 06:06:45 am »

It still doesn't change the fact that this thread is getting incredibly creepy
*Hugs*

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: June 24, 2011, 06:07:27 am »

I'm surprised nobody's mentioned the girl's name yet.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: June 24, 2011, 06:08:14 am »

Hopefully, the wave of creepy's gonna stop. It is creeping me out.

Bardum Idith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: June 24, 2011, 06:42:15 am »

<creepy>
Ecchi the little girl is actually old enough for... genetics:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
</creepy>

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: June 24, 2011, 06:45:45 am »

Now you've made my night worse. I will have to increase my sanity by playing Amnesia instead. That way, I'll be very scared to the point of not being able to think clearly.

:'( :'( :'( :'(

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: June 24, 2011, 09:38:08 am »

This is why you marry other things, like zombies or putits or anything besides little girls.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: June 24, 2011, 09:40:52 am »

Well, you probably could marry an alien... you could be the 'mother'.  If you are a masochist...
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Bardum Idith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: June 24, 2011, 09:55:08 am »

Well, you probably could marry an alien... you could be the 'mother'.  If you are a masochist...
My character is female, so me and the Ecchi are both the gene's mother :P

Another story involving a little girl: I just drank from the well in Yowyn and a minotaur came out of it. It slaughtered a farmer and <Gwen> the innocent, who dropped lotsa things, including a corpse. With the help of a guard the beast was finally defeated, but all that fighting left me Hungry!
You start to eat a corpse of <Gwen> the innocent.
You have finished eating a corpse of <Gwen> the innocent. Delicious! It's your favorite human flesh!

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: June 24, 2011, 10:19:39 am »

Oh gog. I think I'm going to do a Let's Play of Elona. It is JUST THAT LULZWORTHY.
Plus I've been meaning to make a new character anyway.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 291