Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 291

Author Topic: Elona  (Read 566422 times)

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
Re: Elona
« Reply #1050 on: October 13, 2011, 07:06:11 am »

Just unzip that over your elona 1.22 folder.
*Hugs*

maki32

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: October 13, 2011, 10:25:45 am »

There's any tutorial for Housing? The artifacts are random too? =)

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: October 13, 2011, 11:36:18 am »

There's any tutorial for Housing? The artifacts are random too? =)
Here is what you need to know about your home: http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/Your_Home

There are some unique items you can get from special quests, gods, wishing, etc. But mostly it's random.

Wolf Tengu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: October 13, 2011, 12:38:52 pm »

Kinda why I always check around if an unseen hand happens.
Everybody!

maki32

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: October 13, 2011, 03:46:03 pm »

The game is awesome, i'm a pianist, but the audience throw me rocks! I lol'ed hard! Haha, there are unique monsters too?

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: October 13, 2011, 04:01:37 pm »

After walking around for a while, baffled why everyone in Vernis was nowhere they should be, I realized it, the simplest answer available. Basically the whole town is cursed and people are teleporting away, and they are getting their gold stolen which I'm supposed to steal from them when I play my cheap show tunes. >:( >:( >:(

Wolf Tengu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: October 13, 2011, 04:10:03 pm »

The entire town?

Damn, that's some bad juju...
Everybody!

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: October 13, 2011, 04:12:37 pm »

After walking around for a while, baffled why everyone in Vernis was nowhere they should be, I realized it, the simplest answer available. Basically the whole town is cursed and people are teleporting away, and they are getting their gold stolen which I'm supposed to steal from them when I play my cheap show tunes. >:( >:( >:(
Wow, that's unlucky. That happened to me in Palmia once. Not the entire town though. Innkeeper was getting randomly teleported and I was seeking him for shelter. I managed to find that idiot by developing only one syptom. Damn you etherwind!

I stole the cursed item from him and dumped it somewhere. Maybe you should nuke the Vernis. That may solve the problem :D

The game is awesome, i'm a pianist, but the audience throw me rocks! I lol'ed hard! Haha, there are unique monsters too?
Be careful for the high level NPCs. They can literally kill you with a rock.
If you mean bosses by unique monsters, there are.

If you are playing for the first time I suggest you to play as a warrior. It is a very good class to learn the game. You should take a look at this giant list of tips too:http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/Tips

Ogdibus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: October 13, 2011, 09:35:30 pm »

« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 05:17:27 am by Ogdibus »

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: October 13, 2011, 10:17:27 pm »

Get a pair of wings. Wings take the back slot and always confer levitation. Levitation lets you ignore mines and a few other types of traps.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: October 13, 2011, 10:25:23 pm »

Damn, the same thing is happening to Palmia. I spent three days trying to find the person who can identify all your stuff, when I eventually tracked her down I coughed up 3000 gold and had her identify 17/18 of my items, I got a really nice mail in the process.

Too bad it's like carrying around a boulder, 16.2s. Also, what's with the name? I've never seen that before.

Ogdibus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: October 13, 2011, 10:33:44 pm »

« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 05:17:46 am by Ogdibus »

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: October 13, 2011, 11:22:09 pm »

Too bad it's like carrying around a boulder, 16.2s. Also, what's with the name? I've never seen that before.
This is why I favor claymores over warriors, because of the "less defense, more dodging" thing. Also about the name, do you mean the <Bravery Daytime> or the crimson banded mail? The <> means it's a random artifact, which sometimes have a chance to use a nonstandard material description related to the actual material (raw/candy, crimson/rubynus).
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: October 13, 2011, 11:58:52 pm »

Is there a way to actually use the mines outside of Vernis?
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: October 14, 2011, 12:04:47 am »

Nope. Same with the house things near Derphy.
At least, I can't. For me they just appear as "You see " on the World Map when I walk up to them. If I enter the area, it's just a regular random wilderness tile.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 291