Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 291

Author Topic: Elona  (Read 566435 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Elona
« Reply #1335 on: October 30, 2011, 07:20:07 pm »

Spoiler: Debug Ability (click to show/hide)
Only use if you're a damn dirty cheater.

Or if your game became unplayable.

Which is why I call some cheats "Fix-it cheats"

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1336 on: October 30, 2011, 07:21:45 pm »

Elona is an unbalanced game in which unless you're lucky, your character will be crippled to nearly unplayability at some point, so -everything- you do is fair game then, it's simply adapting to survive.
:D

Anyways, i'm trying to complete the "find that guy lost in floor 16 of Lesimas" quest (actually floor 17 according to the spoilers)

And after some hard but rather fair (suprising i must say for an Elona game) battles, i reached floor 15 or 16 (not sure where i can see which floor i'm on), and there is then a jump of difficulty really huge there.

Now on that floor i'm facing wisps that give ether disease you to death, various ents that mass fire/poison you and your troops in seconds, some strong metal knights that can slay you in a couple of turns , some mine laying dogthing that can one-shot-kill you if you get on one of their mines, and other super resistant and vastly damaging "blob things", some rock giants and big trolls. Even noticed a dragon (or something big and looking like a dragon) but didn't tried to fight that.

Wow it was so hard (my minions died in a few turns) that i guess i'll be back when i will have 10 more levels.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 07:23:44 pm by Robsoie »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1337 on: October 30, 2011, 07:23:38 pm »

That is why I cheat Robsoie. I cheat at Elona and I am not ashamed.

Any game where you roll a dice everyday to see if you can still play is a game your meant to cheat at.

Virroken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1338 on: October 30, 2011, 07:24:17 pm »

Does anyone know what the carrying limit is for pets? I want to make an epic two-hander weapon by stacking cursed flying scrolls onto a claymore, but I don't want to two-hand myself (no riding), and don't know if a pet can handle it after a series of weight-ups.

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1339 on: October 30, 2011, 07:42:35 pm »

Cheating is bad. Just keep savescumming :D

Does anyone know what the carrying limit is for pets? I want to make an epic two-hander weapon by stacking cursed flying scrolls onto a claymore, but I don't want to two-hand myself (no riding), and don't know if a pet can handle it after a series of weight-ups.
It changes for every pet. I think the weight limit formula applies for NPCs too.

45 + (Strength/2) + (Constitution/4) + (Weight Lifting*2)

Vucar Fikodastesh

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1340 on: October 30, 2011, 07:49:38 pm »

I don't think that's completely true actually, or there are other factor added for NPC's. The golden knight, for instance, has a maximum carrying capacity of 270s, despite only having 29 STR, 29 CON and no weight lifting.

As far as I know, there's no way to tell your pets carrying capacity.
I think it's a vastly amusing thought that elephants are so afraid of heights that when Dwarves invented the Z-axis, they couldn't bear to face dwarves in combat anymore.

Ogdibus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1341 on: October 30, 2011, 07:51:36 pm »

« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 06:04:04 am by Ogdibus »

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1342 on: October 31, 2011, 12:02:34 am »

This is a roguelike game, thus there is no state in which the game is broken, just interesting.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1343 on: October 31, 2011, 12:03:48 am »

This is a roguelike game, thus there is no state in which the game is broken, just interesting.

I didn't say broken  I said unplayable.

Though what is wrong with trying to fix-up interesting?

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1344 on: October 31, 2011, 12:54:20 am »

There is nothing wrong playing the game the way you want.
The most important is simply to have fun.

Anyways, got extremely lucky, slept 2 times, and recieved a treasure map by dream 2 times
I really hope to get something nice this time again, previous treasure maps delivered some really interesting items, for me or my minions

Wolf Tengu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1345 on: October 31, 2011, 02:32:44 am »

I got a map, but a kobold is kinda the threshold of my killage-ness at this point.

I did luck out with a silver bell earlier. Mind you, gold might have been nicer this early on...
Everybody!

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1346 on: October 31, 2011, 10:04:04 am »

How can i see if a pet is in overweighted state ?
I noticed that most of my minions when i look at their inventory are at "Medium" , so being the same as what is mentionned for my character i assume it's burden status too, but one of my trooper is on "Heavy" , is that overweight status ?

Is there a way to see what is the maximum weight a specific pet can carry ?

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1347 on: October 31, 2011, 10:35:21 am »

Heh, with my very first action I "accidentally" ate the beggar's corpse and went insane. I think I'm going to like this game.  :D

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1348 on: October 31, 2011, 10:39:36 am »

Assuming you like doing odd things, like riding your same-sex spouse to war, using only panties as a weapon, then yes, you're going to like this.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1349 on: October 31, 2011, 10:43:31 am »

Heh, with my very first action I "accidentally" ate the beggar's corpse and went insane. I think I'm going to like this game.  :D

Don't listen to a thing that jerk says! Someday you'll get the chance to slay him during a party. (He's impossible to beat for new characters)
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 291