Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 291

Author Topic: Elona  (Read 566390 times)

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
Re: Elona
« Reply #1395 on: November 01, 2011, 10:33:46 pm »

I noticed in the tips collection of the wiki :
When you clear lower level dungeons, don't open the bejeweled chests you get for beating it. Instead, just pick it up and take it to a higher level dungeon and then open it. The rewards will be better. This works the same for safes and such, but safes weigh 300, so I wouldn't try moving that around.

So as i cleaned a level 4 random dungeon, i decided to give a try, by using the King Fort that is near Palmia (level 46 dungeon) and the evil castle-look alike (supposedly level 999 )  dungeon with some save scumming technique to compare the results.

And maybe i have been unlucky, but the random loot generated while opening the chest from inside those dungeons several times was no better than what i usually obtain from opening the on the spot i killed the random dungeon boss.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1396 on: November 01, 2011, 10:47:21 pm »

I found a CURE CORRUPTION potion from opening a chest I got from a low-level dungeon in one of those 999 castles. I really don't think you'd find that kind of loot in a dungeon that is lower than level 10, so I'd say that the tip is correct and you were just unlucky.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1397 on: November 01, 2011, 11:02:44 pm »

You guys suck with your actually-good artifacts. Holy shit yes a glass breastplate with ### Heavy Armor skill! Too bad I'm a wizard!
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

justinlee999

• Bay Watcher
  • Unflappably FABULOUS
    • View Profile
« Reply #1398 on: November 01, 2011, 11:39:25 pm »

So my blackjack is broken in version 1.22, any unofficial patches that fixes this and other bugs?

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1399 on: November 01, 2011, 11:41:05 pm »

You guys suck with your actually-good artifacts. Holy shit yes a glass breastplate with ### Heavy Armor skill! Too bad I'm a wizard!

You have to really try hard to get good artifacts and even then you can find them insanely outdated.

Your going to get a TON of junk and repeats.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1400 on: November 01, 2011, 11:43:23 pm »

So my blackjack is broken in version 1.22, any unofficial patches that fixes this and other bugs?
Over here. This should be in the OP or something, it's very helpful.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1401 on: November 02, 2011, 01:02:06 am »

I found a CURE CORRUPTION potion from opening a chest I got from a low-level dungeon in one of those 999 castles. I really don't think you'd find that kind of loot in a dungeon that is lower than level 10, so I'd say that the tip is correct and you were just unlucky.

I don't know about chests since I open them on the spot, but treasure balls are definitely better when you do it in a high level area.

justinlee999

• Bay Watcher
  • Unflappably FABULOUS
    • View Profile
« Reply #1402 on: November 02, 2011, 02:29:04 am »

Over here. This should be in the OP or something, it's very helpful.
Thanks, but I stumbled upon an ore hack version. Anyway, the icon looks similar to the ore hack one, is it the same, or are there differences?

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1403 on: November 02, 2011, 04:43:35 pm »

Well I seem to have astounding luck. I stepped outside a city for a broken vase for a request, killed a hermit crab in passing. It dropped an <Unknown Shell>.

Also, it appears that the Ether Disease will eventually affect you, even if you never get caught in Ether Wind. Is there any way to cure/halt it? Does the <Claymore> protect from mutation buff block it?

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1404 on: November 02, 2011, 04:49:12 pm »

The ether's like that. It's basically a plague that ends up affecting everyone. The entire planet's essentially carcinogenic, only instead of cancer you get ether disease. It's irreversible, but you can wear an ether cloak or wield Shena's Panty to slow it down.
Nothing important here, move along.

Ogdibus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1405 on: November 02, 2011, 04:54:35 pm »

« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 06:32:22 am by Ogdibus »

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1406 on: November 02, 2011, 07:10:53 pm »

As i noticed an adventurer in town that in his inventory had a robe providing +77 DV ! , i looked into the wiki on what this kind of very high DV bonus would do and noticed :
Defense value (DV) increases the character's Evade rating by 1% per point.
Sounded good, so curious i looked at what was my Evade rating already as i never bothered to give a look and noticed i was already at more than118%  ?

Hmm, well i don't understand anymore then, as in every hard battle even recently, my character have been hit a lot. The wiki is saying about Evade :
Evade is a character's chance to dodge a melee or ranged attack.
Well if the value is at more than 118% and that does not prevent being hit, that may then not be what Evade really does there's certainly something else going there, anyone know how it really works then ?

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1407 on: November 02, 2011, 07:15:02 pm »

Your enemies probably have a chance to hit even higher. I'd imagine bosses and other particularly tough enemies having hit chances above 3 times as much.
Nothing important here, move along.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1408 on: November 02, 2011, 07:41:03 pm »

But how does combat work in the case of Elona, i can't seem to find any explanation on the combat system in the wiki, is it something like :
attack chance has 80%  defense chance has 150%
attack will launch a roll resulting in a number between 1 and 80 and defense will launch a roll resulting in a number between 1 and 150, the higher number win

Or is it something completely different ?

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1409 on: November 02, 2011, 07:44:58 pm »

Maybe the hit chance is subtracted from the dodge chance (or vice versa) and then it rolls a percentile and if the percentage is higher than the roll then that's a hit?
So you have, let's say, 150% dodge and the enemy has 100% hit. After all the calculations and stuff there's an overall 50% to hit.
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 291