Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 291

Author Topic: Elona  (Read 569207 times)

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Elona
« Reply #1455 on: November 06, 2011, 08:33:33 pm »

You guys got any tricks to raising STR quickly?  I've been doing the farm quests in Yowyn and pulling stuff for my STR to level up.  It's taking a while and I was wondering if you guys knew anything faster.

Along with Ogdibus' suggestion you should join Fighter's Guild. Once a month the guild trainer will visit your home, and you can pay platinum coins (3 or 5? I forget) to improve the potential of Str, Dex or Con.

Start multiple ranches for arm-type monsters if you have the money and pet slots.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1456 on: November 06, 2011, 09:09:53 pm »

I'm pretty sure the only characters in FF7 that used giant swords were either huge monsters, or enhanced by that mako exposure program

While you are correct, as there is no character who uses a giant weapon in final fantasy who hasn't done the mako.

I should state that Final Fantasy 7 is a universe where someone can develop what is essentially super powers, at least to us, through training.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1457 on: November 06, 2011, 09:16:57 pm »

You guys got any tricks to raising STR quickly?  I've been doing the farm quests in Yowyn and pulling stuff for my STR to level up.  It's taking a while and I was wondering if you guys knew anything faster.

Along with Ogdibus' suggestion you should join Fighter's Guild. Once a month the guild trainer will visit your home, and you can pay platinum coins (3 or 5? I forget) to improve the potential of Str, Dex or Con.

Start multiple ranches for arm-type monsters if you have the money and pet slots.

But if you plan to be a jack-of-all-trades character, then I advise against joining any guild. It makes other guild trainers aside from the one relevant to your current guild from visiting.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

FunctionZero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1458 on: November 06, 2011, 09:21:51 pm »

But if you plan to be a jack-of-all-trades character, then I advise against joining any guild. It makes other guild trainers aside from the one relevant to your current guild from visiting.

You can always break into the other guilds and disguise yourself.

Tnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1459 on: November 06, 2011, 09:27:48 pm »

Yeah I did the teleport the guard out of the stairs trick and then doing incognito scrolls to learn the skills that I wanted.  By the way, are bottles of water EVER on sale?  I have never seen one in any store.  Or do I have to raise its rank by investing first?

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1460 on: November 06, 2011, 09:34:09 pm »

Yeah I did the teleport the guard out of the stairs trick and then doing incognito scrolls to learn the skills that I wanted.  By the way, are bottles of water EVER on sale?  I have never seen one in any store.  Or do I have to raise its rank by investing first?

I've seen them maybe twice. I just buy the empties anyway, as I am slowly building a collection of holy water.

I didn't know it at the time, but I was incredibly lucky. At maybe level 4, I got a Happy bed drop in the puppy cave. Yeah, and it is blessed now.  :D

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1461 on: November 06, 2011, 10:36:29 pm »

Is it possible to join all the guilds (Fighter, Magician, and Thieves')? Because that suddenly sounds like a good idea.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1462 on: November 06, 2011, 10:48:26 pm »

Unfortunately, no. You can't join all the guilds at the same time. I learned it the hard way, leaving the thieves' guild for the fighters' guild.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1463 on: November 06, 2011, 10:56:54 pm »

Unfortunately, no. You can't join all the guilds at the same time. I learned it the hard way, leaving the thieves' guild for the fighters' guild.

Though after you exploit a guild for all its worth, leaving doesn't hurt you.

For example I THINK the Fighter's guild becomes useless once you learn the fighter's guild only skills.

justinlee999

• Bay Watcher
  • Unflappably FABULOUS
    • View Profile
« Reply #1464 on: November 06, 2011, 11:59:14 pm »

For example I THINK the Fighter's guild becomes useless once you learn the fighter's guild only skills.
I read in the wiki that you save 50% on identifying costs and trainer costs while in the fighter's guild, and that's some huge saving.

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1465 on: November 07, 2011, 12:03:33 am »

I'm pretty sure the only characters in FF7 that used giant swords were either huge monsters, or enhanced by that mako exposure program

While you are correct, as there is no character who uses a giant weapon in final fantasy who hasn't done the mako.

I should state that Final Fantasy 7 is a universe where someone can develop what is essentially super powers, at least to us, through training.

Like like some of Tifa's limit breaks. Lifting a monster the size of a small mountain, jump and then throw it down.  >_>   <_<

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1466 on: November 07, 2011, 12:09:02 am »

I read in the wiki that you save 50% on identifying costs and trainer costs while in the fighter's guild, and that's some huge saving.

Joining the thieves' guild allows you to fence stolen items. Worthwhile if you're constantly stealing those ball machines in palmia and that coastal village.

The mages' guild allows you to request spellbooks from a certain person. Mixed with booze and tons of tail dancing, it's pretty much a boon, since if you do that, you just get back all your funds and get tons of tomes.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1467 on: November 07, 2011, 12:26:32 am »

The only location in which bottle of waters are on sales is in
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
, but they don't sell them against money, but against 3 small medals for each bottle of water.

But i found that small medals are not that rare, usually you'll get 3 or 4 from killing bosses, from treasures maps (that you acquire in dreams from time to time) , treasure balls, chests etc...

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1468 on: November 07, 2011, 01:57:02 am »

The only location in which bottle of waters are on sales is in
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
, but they don't sell them against money, but against 3 small medals for each bottle of water.

But i found that small medals are not that rare, usually you'll get 3 or 4 from killing bosses, from treasures maps (that you acquire in dreams from time to time) , treasure balls, chests etc...

And you can get a fairly large number if you just go through all the towns collecting the ones in set locations.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Tnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1469 on: November 07, 2011, 11:40:15 am »

Hmm I think I'll do that to get those unique items.  That sword seems pretty good!
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 291