Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 291

Author Topic: Elona  (Read 569412 times)

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
Re: Elona
« Reply #1515 on: November 09, 2011, 12:40:35 pm »

That dagger is all kinds of awesome... if it weren't made out of ether. Seriously, it's not worth it (unless you're playing artifact collection), and using it will just bring you down sooner or later.

Should you be able to acquire said dagger, equip it on your toughest melee-oriented damage dealing pet, provided it has hands.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Tnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1516 on: November 09, 2011, 12:45:38 pm »

So what if I were to use a change material kit on it?

The wiki says "Additionally, using a material kit/scroll on any item marked as 'precious' (non-randomly generated artifacts such as the Ring of Steel Dragon or Ragnarok), regardless of whether it is miracle/godly, will not change the material, but instead will reroll the item completely. This usually has little result, but might change one or two of the modifiers on the item assigned randomly."

Does that mean it might change the material and not too many modifiers?

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1517 on: November 09, 2011, 12:52:37 pm »

IIRC yes, but also IIRC you'll want to save mat kits for godly items, as the kits are very rare.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Vucar Fikodastesh

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1518 on: November 09, 2011, 12:55:37 pm »

So what if I were to use a change material kit on it?

The wiki says "Additionally, using a material kit/scroll on any item marked as 'precious' (non-randomly generated artifacts such as the Ring of Steel Dragon or Ragnarok), regardless of whether it is miracle/godly, will not change the material, but instead will reroll the item completely. This usually has little result, but might change one or two of the modifiers on the item assigned randomly."

Does that mean it might change the material and not too many modifiers?

No, you can't change the material on special items.

The ether disease from ether items isn't actually all that bad. I always wear a vindale cloak, and I only equip the ether dagger before going into tough fights.
I think it's a vastly amusing thought that elephants are so afraid of heights that when Dwarves invented the Z-axis, they couldn't bear to face dwarves in combat anymore.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1519 on: November 09, 2011, 01:00:26 pm »

Material kits can't change the material of a unique artifact. And while ether disease might not be as dangerous as I've put it, finding potions for it is HARD.

Tnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1520 on: November 09, 2011, 02:16:47 pm »

Wow, I just got one of those traveling merchants and I bought a pistol off of him that has "It brings an end".  I looked it up on the wiki and it summons dragons and stuff.  That seems really cheaty!

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1521 on: November 09, 2011, 02:20:07 pm »

Wow, I just got one of those traveling merchants and I bought a pistol off of him that has "It brings an end".  I looked it up on the wiki and it summons dragons and stuff.  That seems really cheaty!
Replace cheaty with FUN.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1522 on: November 09, 2011, 02:21:44 pm »

Except that those things it summons are hostile to you. Oh, and, Netherwind. We can't forget that.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Tnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1523 on: November 09, 2011, 02:54:25 pm »

Shoot I need some reading comprehension classes.  I didn't notice that the wiki was was implying the summons would be hostile.  Well I was trying it out on farmers in Vernis and a white dragon killed me..  Thank goodness for savescumming.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1524 on: November 09, 2011, 02:56:44 pm »

Goddamn <King> in the middle of goddamn Derphy blocking the exit when I'm burdened and tired. Took me five savescums to get it.  :-X

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1525 on: November 09, 2011, 08:17:24 pm »

Thanks for the detailed answer Blaze.  So New Guy, does that mean the bow and the dagger are gone forever?

Not really, but you lost your chance of getting it at an earlier point in time. Artifacts in Elona keep getting generated, regardless if there's two of the same artifact in the game. Acquiring the same artifact while you have the other copy in your inventory will transmute the artifact into a generic one. In essence, if you have the ability to kill high-level monsters, you can farm Lomias for his bow, and all his subsequent bows that will transmute if you have a copy of the original in your inventory.

Problem is, where can you find the unique weapon wielders if they disappear? Lomias appears in parties, so that's no problem, but Larnierre doesn't appear anywhere, IIRC, aside from the Void, where all bosses can appear, and are tough as nuts.

I've seen Larnierre in party quest before - that's how I got Ether Dagger. She's just super super rare.

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1526 on: November 12, 2011, 05:43:31 am »

What wish would you recommend for me?

I've got one pair of Seven League Boots from one early wish, then another as random loot. Now I've got one wand of wishing on me and one in my house, and besides an altar I have no idea what else to wish for next.

Take a look at my save (1.16 Xmas version)... feel free to read a scroll of return and check my stashed items in my house and shop strongbox.
http://www.box.net/s/5937z6te19sknana3s9f

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1527 on: November 12, 2011, 05:52:35 am »

An aurora ring? A speed ring? Then get that Miral and Garok hammer thing and make an artifact out of that?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1528 on: November 12, 2011, 05:54:23 am »

What about potions of Evolution to max out your mutations? Unless, of course, you've got a whole bunch of positive mutations already.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1529 on: November 12, 2011, 07:30:17 am »

Yes, unless you have already save scummed fountains to get a lot of positive mutations, the potions of evolutions are really great.
I got 2 of them from 2 wishes and they helped my charisma a lot with mutations giving bonus to it, allowing me to get more minions from the slave markets.
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 291