Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 291

Author Topic: Elona  (Read 566455 times)

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
Re: Elona
« Reply #1755 on: March 17, 2012, 07:11:46 pm »

Have you ever gone inside a dungeon? Every floor has at least 3 material gathering points from what I've seen.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1756 on: March 17, 2012, 07:15:48 pm »

Yeah, dungeons have them all over the place.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Wolf Tengu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1757 on: March 17, 2012, 07:17:59 pm »

I know there are dungeon-y ones, but I mean the world map, or am Ii going mad? I swear there used to be ones, but there are none on this charactter.

I'm not sure what to spend my platinums on, I've never progressed much apart from 'Sink alll points into sword-things-to-death'

Oh, and remind me, fame makes stronger monsters appear yes? I keep being wasped/ squirreled to death.

Everybody!

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1758 on: March 17, 2012, 07:19:43 pm »

Noa removed most of the harvest points because he was planning on reworking the crafting system.
*Hugs*

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1759 on: March 17, 2012, 07:19:54 pm »

I know there are dungeon-y ones, but I mean the world map, or am Ii going mad? I swear there used to be ones, but there are none on this charactter.
There are no longer any world map material spots in the latest fan-made version.

Dungeons have a crapload of them.

Edit: BTW, Ninja'd

And yes, fame equals stronger monsters but not all the time. Go fail some quests if you want weaker monsters :D
« Last Edit: March 17, 2012, 07:21:27 pm by Leatra »

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1760 on: March 17, 2012, 07:20:53 pm »

* The Merchant Of Menace pulls her mask down and leaps onto some rooftops.
*Hugs*

Wolf Tengu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1761 on: March 17, 2012, 07:23:41 pm »

K...

So, what do you suggest I start sinking platinum into? I chose a Juere ( I think, unless it's the other one) Claymore, being my boring predictable self.

Everybody!

Farce

• Bay Watcher
  • muttermutterbabble
    • View Profile
« Reply #1762 on: March 17, 2012, 07:24:04 pm »

Fuck this game
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I just got randomly teleported into this.
That happened on my first character.  He was a pianist, and dropped his piano in there.

Several levels later, I came back, punched and wand-blasted the hell out of those slimes, and finally reclaimed my piano.  Good times.

Wolf Tengu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1763 on: March 17, 2012, 07:34:03 pm »

Huh.

Edit:Okay, I checked the log. It was because an NPC's learning expanded, so I cut him in half.

Oh, and bats are still evil and Lumiest is evil because the inn is far from where you enter. Starvation and ether sickness, ho!
« Last Edit: March 17, 2012, 07:35:59 pm by Wolf Tengu »
Everybody!

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1764 on: March 17, 2012, 10:31:19 pm »

Hunting quest difficulty and world map difficulty is fame-related.

Dungeon difficulty is based mostly upon the rating of the dungeon.

Character level also factors into overall difficulty.

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1765 on: March 17, 2012, 11:02:23 pm »

I just found out the gun is made of Ether.... Good thing I have a bunch of potions of cure corruption.

I say give it to a bell or something. Changing the material isn't worth the risk unless the randart effects are really exceptional.

No, not good... pets cannot gain firearms skill via genetic modification. And if there's a pet with firearms skill, it's not worth using. Sorry but that gun is useless...

Wolf Tengu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1766 on: March 18, 2012, 12:00:24 am »

I've 52 platinum to spend on stuff. Anything useful at level 7?

Oh, and i'm about as strong as an Anemic fieldmouse, any ways I can boost my capacity (the coins maybe? I'd like to be able to carry stuff)

Oh, and I started reading in the middle of the throne room in Palmia. It was fun to watch.

Oh! I made some blessed water because I remember it can be useful, but I can't remember what for...
Everybody!

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1767 on: March 18, 2012, 02:33:09 am »

You can bless stuff with it by mixing it with the item to be blessed. I think strength comes from weightlifting, so say burdened at all times. Unless it was constitution? It's been a while.

But why are you so weak if you're a Juere Claymore? :P
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1768 on: March 18, 2012, 02:43:11 am »

http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/Weight_Lifting
A character's weight limit is calculated using the formula: 45 + (Strength/2) + (Constitution/4) + (Weight Lifting*2)

You may learn Weight Lifting from the trainers in Yowyn and Noyel or from the fighters' guild trainer in Port Kapul.

You train Weight Lifting by performing actions such as walking around or searching for materials while Burdened or heavier; however, carrying more will not increase the rate at which it is trained.

While Weight Lifting will improve your maximum carry weight, it will not affect the maximum size of your inventory (200 items).

But why are you so weak if you're a Juere Claymore?
1/8 yoma blood perhaps? :P
« Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 02:45:41 am by kcwong »

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1769 on: March 18, 2012, 06:25:28 am »

I've 52 platinum to spend on stuff. Anything useful at level 7?

Oh, and i'm about as strong as an Anemic fieldmouse, any ways I can boost my capacity (the coins maybe? I'd like to be able to carry stuff)
Purchase Weightlifting if you don't already have it.

You'll eventually want to learn a ranged skill, unless you manage to find an uber panty or grenade. And you'll need Marksman in either case.

Sense Quality and Pickpocket; they won't help you in battle, but are relatively easy to raise and will pay for themselves.

Cooking, for moar stat boosts. Though you'll need Anatomy to actually GET corpses to cook.

Eye of Mind has a questionable return on investment, but it's still worth getting.

Speaking of Investment, you'll eventually want it, but you're going to need money to burn before it has any use at all.
Oh! I made some blessed water because I remember it can be useful, but I can't remember what for...
Mix it with an item to make it blessed, especially useful when you're wearing a cursed item.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 06:35:14 am by Blaze »
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 291