Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 291

Author Topic: Elona  (Read 566471 times)

Wolf Tengu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Elona
« Reply #1785 on: March 19, 2012, 02:57:29 am »

I wished for some boots of 'Screw you bandits' from wishing.

I wonder if I should've asked for something else. I'm going to keep looking for the pickpocket teachy person.

I walked from Noyel to Port Kapul. I don't want to talk about it.
Everybody!

Ogdibus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1786 on: March 19, 2012, 04:37:21 am »

« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 02:37:48 pm by Ogdibus »

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1787 on: March 19, 2012, 08:51:56 am »

I wonder if I should've asked for something else. I'm going to keep looking for the pickpocket teachy person.

Do you mean the seven league boots? Also, try Derphy. But you may have to join the thieves guild.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1788 on: March 19, 2012, 09:31:52 am »

AFAIK, only the Thieves Guild trainer teaches pick pocket, hence why you get the "Not pay taxes" entrance quest as opposed to the other guilds' fetch/kill quest; the thieves guild repeatable quest NEEDS pick pocket in the first place.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1789 on: March 19, 2012, 11:28:56 am »

Do you mean the seven league boots? Also, try Derphy. But you may have to join the thieves guild.

Or, if you're lucky and well-prepared, teleport the guild security on the staircase elsewhere, go down and use a disguise kit, then pay up a ton of coins to learn pickpocketing (and maybe dual-wielding).
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1790 on: March 19, 2012, 11:36:20 am »

I've taken to starting as a thief lately, mainly because stealing decorations from Vernis is an excellent way to boost your rank quickly in the early game.
*Hugs*

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1791 on: March 19, 2012, 11:46:06 am »

I've taken to starting as a thief lately, mainly because stealing decorations from Vernis is an excellent way to boost your rank quickly in the early game.
Try the graveyard outside limiest. Free furniture.

Bronimin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1792 on: March 19, 2012, 12:26:57 pm »

-
« Last Edit: June 07, 2018, 04:50:04 pm by Bronimin »

Wolf Tengu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1793 on: March 19, 2012, 12:37:12 pm »

Puppy-caving is good early on.

Then, Cargo Barrels/Whiskey from Port Kapul to Derphy.

Or Snowmen & Christmas trees from Noyel. Insane profit, but difficult if you walk.

Or prostition,I hear that pays well.
Everybody!

Bronimin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1794 on: March 19, 2012, 01:20:33 pm »

-
« Last Edit: June 07, 2018, 04:49:57 pm by Bronimin »

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1795 on: March 19, 2012, 01:25:44 pm »

Never got a virus warning from any version of Elona, where did you download your copy?

Bronimin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1796 on: March 19, 2012, 01:39:39 pm »

-
« Last Edit: June 07, 2018, 04:49:50 pm by Bronimin »

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1797 on: March 19, 2012, 02:14:14 pm »

Alright, dl'ed it and have played it for about a day or so....

I managed to get to level six, and I found three <item's> along the way, one of which was cursed with the "It disturbs your growth ####"
Naturally, the wiki has told me that these items are valued for keeping your level down but it caused teleportation every now and again (migitated with a necklace of silence I found) and caused a shitton of 'malicious hands' to take the ten thousand coins I had accumulated, and it basically turned down from there.
Lost my mithril banded mail [10,11] I traded for a treasure map, my first <item> I had melted in a fire and my teammate I had hired left my service (I couldn't rehire him, as i didn't have enough money).

long story short, how would one go around building up enough money for a shop or museum? I seem to die/lose my money before I can. I have been storing spare equipment, scrolls, books and mic objects in the thieves den, but I would have had to identify half of it, and I stored most of it because I sensed its quality was less than great, or cursed.

Puppy cave can still be dangerous is you are still level 1. And cargo attracts bandits which you should avoid unless you have a good source of teleportation. But even then things can go badly.

My usual method of money gaining is to enter the wild along the roads and fight the weak stuff there, collecting api nuts/leaves (these will help for dungeon diving int he long run,I like to stock up on them), bones/hearts/skins of monsters, and tight ropes. Identify ONE bone/heart/skin and you will get the value of all bones/hearts/skins. Same with the tight ropes. They are common and sell for a decent amount of money. That is always my starting income.

After that, grind the puppy dungeon. Experience and loot are there for the taking.

Also, don't go for a shop. Museums are much more reliable.

A way to make tons of money? Wish for a pair of seven league boots, look for "take item/person to Noyel" quests, complete easily, collect your 10k gold.

Ah yes, the "rich man throws around money" event should counter the malicious hands event int he early games, but later when you have tons of money you want either a kitty bank or a protection from thieves item.

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1798 on: March 19, 2012, 02:57:42 pm »

Best way to make money is prostution and having a very high charisma. You also need the wicked thing that you get from nuking Palmia. It makes sure you don't get karma hit from prostuting. I make 200k in a few minutes this way. You'll get many STDs so get some blessed healing potions ready.

Wolf Tengu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1799 on: March 19, 2012, 04:22:23 pm »

I summoned a monster in a moongate and now they show up in game.

Huh.

Also, what's the best way to get a disguise kit?
Everybody!
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 291