Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 135 136 [137] 138 139 ... 291

Author Topic: Elona  (Read 569276 times)

SomethingCreative

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Elona
« Reply #2040 on: May 25, 2012, 01:44:58 pm »

Saw this on the elona forums and thought I would repost it here for those interested.

Another Japanese user mod has been released, called elona+.

Just throwing this up there for those of you that don't know it. Elona+ is finally public, and the link is located on the Elonaplus wiki.

Elona+ seems to add various new content, namely the south part of the continent is fleshed out and accessible with new unique items and revamped skills amongst other things.

From what I can gather, the 2 NPC classes are now playable (Predator and Gunner) and each class now has it's own unique passive. Gunners have a chance of shooting twice, Warriors have a chance of attacking twice and so forth.

There is a new god, and he's all about wealth. His god pet apprently eats food and craps out platinum coins. It's refered to as the Platinum Goose, likely a shoutout to the Golden Goose story. The other gods had some revamps. Mani of Machine now gives some sort of passive damage boost, likely to guns, as well as all the god weapons have been changed. Mani now gives out a grenade launcher unique weapon (No other weapon like it), Jure now gives out a sword and so forth.

Pets now have evolutions. These come in the form of rare items, and can be given to a pet if it has a high enough liking towards you. Example: Lady -> White Princess -> Lady Vampire. Each step requires an evolution item. These can range from rare drops to being dropped by specific bosses.

There's also a bunch of new items. Forbidden meat is a new one, and will swap your gender. There's a business card which allows you to rename your class (not change it) as well as a special mask which allows you to rename your race and so forth.

Skills have gotten a change. There is apparently a new swimming skill now, introduced in South Tyris, though I found it on an item, namely the <Awesome Swimwear> (It's a school one-piece swimsuit). Some old skills/attributes now grant abilities. 100 charm (I think) results in a 200SP skill called Syncro Hearts which I don't really know what it does. It probably increases the relation of everyone in the area (from the translation). Level 40 chant (Meditation?) grants an ability which drains a alot of mana (Says 2 times your max mana) and releases the mana as damage to surrounding enemies.

These are among the many changes that I have yet to delve through. The wiki contains alot of the changes, but the translation can be spotty at times.

I'm just now getting a chance to test it myself, but it looks good so far.

The latest version can be downloaded from,

http://wikiwiki.jp/elonaplus/

Click the link that should look something like,

http://www1.axfc.net/uploader/C/so/166760.zip

Click the rectangle just below C_166760.zip のダウンロード near the top of the page.

Next page should have a blue link that contains a 'click here to start download'. Click that of course.

The zip contains what I think is Elona 1.22, with Elona+ already installed on it. Cheers!
« Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 12:50:05 pm by SomethingCreative »

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #2041 on: June 07, 2012, 06:44:17 pm »

Eyyy, that looks pretty sharp. Think I'll give it a shot. Been ages since I played this.

EDIT: Admittantly it is very hard to find the download given the entire elona+ wiki is in japanese.  :P

EDIT2: Think I got it. Most recent version is 1.06?
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 06:53:13 pm by Seriyu »

Wolf Tengu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2042 on: June 08, 2012, 11:30:45 am »

That Elona+ sounds pretty awesome. Will it have an English patch at some point?
Everybody!

SomethingCreative

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2043 on: June 08, 2012, 12:36:17 pm »

EDIT2: Think I got it. Most recent version is 1.06?

You got the right one. Shame on me for not posting download instructions/links. I'll update my post with instructions.

That Elona+ sounds pretty awesome. Will it have an English patch at some point?

I really have no clue. Some of the new stuff appears to have been translated, but other things have not.

Some other things I've found in Elona+:

Riding crop: You can use it on your pets to beat them, but I have no idea what it does. Says something about training IIRC. Gives generic "pervert!" response like the other pet items.

New sprites/art assets: Some of the user interface, items, portraits, and misc game sprites have been given new art. A lot of this stuff is pretty nice looking, I like it!

Quest changes: Harvest time quests give random piles of seeds in addition to their usual rewards. Worshipping Kumiromi is no longer a requirement for farming.

New NPCs: I've encountered some <child> creatures here and there. No doubt they have something to do with the new evolution stuff and whatnot. I managed to catch a <griffin child?> with a ball, and holy moly! It was mincing most things I came across in one or two hits.

Misc changes: Gathering from resource spots is now instantaneous.

Wolf Tengu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2044 on: June 08, 2012, 02:56:03 pm »

It's okay, it's awesome enough to wait for. EVOLVING GOLDEN KNIGHT!
Everybody!

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2045 on: June 08, 2012, 02:59:24 pm »

I am interested in this development.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #2046 on: June 08, 2012, 05:37:08 pm »

Yeah, I found a "Military Putit" which looked like a Putit wearing a military cap. All I know is he was throwing around some kind've poison attack before I died.

Small question, what does "maintains x stat" do on equipment? I never quite figured that out. Keeps it from lowering when you die?

EDIT: Also worth mentioning, aside from the two new classes, most of the new content really doesn't need translating. They tweak stuff, there are new tiles, the portraits look a lot less Jpeg artifacty, there's music (that isn't terrible, actually) etc.

There are some new NPC's but most of the stuff is tweaks rather then full on new quest chains or whathaveyou.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2047 on: June 08, 2012, 05:39:46 pm »

Anything that maintains a stat adds a * marker next to that stat on your character sheet. It means that attacks that temporarily reduce that stat i.e. potions of weakness, hexes, demon hands, etc will not work. Any permanent loss isn't stopped.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #2048 on: June 08, 2012, 06:51:12 pm »

Ahhh, damn. Oh well.

Every stat down message is like a knife in my heart.

Kobold Troubadour

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUSICALITY: +-]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2049 on: June 11, 2012, 12:19:10 am »

So thanks to you guys I've also gotten hooked to this game upon my discovery...

Started out using Elona ELM version with Deon's graphics (love it, should be linked to new players too as I've only luckily stumbled upon it).

I've read up a lot of the pages here and the wiki and is starting out quite nicely enough...until I wore a cursed outfit that occasionally sucks my blood, teleports me and seemingly steal some pocket change I think. I also found it amusing that I got a bottle of my own blood pop out as I was travelling the map (should happen more often, I'm my own blood selling source!)

Also just chose a God upon leveling up to 4...now I just need to uncurse myself, getting distracted by bleeding while tapping Shena's ass is starting to get annoying...bleeding on her is just rude. Unless she's into that...

Also plan to keep my 1st Little Girl for RP purposes. Kinda' like Rance....only with less rape.

Oh, yeah...why do quicky coitus drive the NPC people slightly insane? Is my character that good or is ether love juices after effect that potent? Well, I do find them suddenly dancing around after stripping naked and such amusing.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 12:56:23 am by Kobold Troubadour »
[UTTERANCES] kinda' makes it hard for people to understand kobold songs...

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2050 on: June 11, 2012, 02:21:26 am »

They realize they just did it with some stranger off the streets. Or something? I agree though, it is funny. "P-p-pika!"
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #2051 on: June 11, 2012, 02:45:58 am »

Yeah it's just crazy stuff. If something doesn't make sense in elona it's often better to just take it at face value and move on.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2052 on: June 11, 2012, 12:59:17 pm »

I suppose Elona uses the term "Fucked Silly" literally.

Kobold Troubadour

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUSICALITY: +-]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2053 on: June 12, 2012, 03:26:00 am »

^Heh, guess I'll just go for the "I'm just that damn good" reasoning.

Encountered a bug...somehow I'm unable to report my success to Shena and she forever loops the "how is it going?" line (must be from saving and leaving after finishing the quest or something I did that I don't remember) even though I've cleared the thieves hideout.

It annoyed me enough that I just made a new character (Servant Race, Claymore class). Funny how the Tutorial instructor just went ahead and got drunk while teaching (hey, easy early money). 1st dream also had a wizard teach me a Resurrection spell, so that's nifty.

Also tried jumping in (& save-scumming) Moongates. Ended up in a church town dedicated to Jure, a small house filled with an angel maid & stuff, A large custom home with lotsa' Little Sisters/Young Ladies (so many nifty stuff that needs stealing, yet have no such skills)...and a seemingly quiet snow town. That is until I hear several death messages. I of course broke every rule in horror movie survival by not running the hell out and decided to search for the source...came to the largest building/main hall(?) as more death can be heard...opened the doors...and as expected, high leveled tentacle horrors and such (Like a comedy sketch, I then closed the door & they opened it & peeked right back, no points on guessing how that ended).

Oh! a coupe of questions:
- Will "acquiring" an important/town NPC (for ranch or whatever) have little effect and a new one will eventually respawn and take over for the original?
- Will ranch grown special entities have different equipment as well that can be confiscated?
- Will wishing for a God just make them appear there before you and they'll just decide to hang out (won't leave your house, drink your booze, etc)? Can you bind them to you as well?
- Raw cursed panties....worth tasting?
- Any other version that might be interesting or other nice graphic packs (still reading through this thread...so, so, sooo random)?
« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 03:31:37 am by Kobold Troubadour »
[UTTERANCES] kinda' makes it hard for people to understand kobold songs...

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #2054 on: June 12, 2012, 03:45:08 am »

- Raw cursed panties....worth tasting?
Not worth it, it's cursed. >:D

You have a raw item, a consumable piece of clothing. If it were Raw panties, that is worth tasting. Edible throwable weapons.
Pages: 1 ... 135 136 [137] 138 139 ... 291