Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 136 137 [138] 139 140 ... 291

Author Topic: Elona  (Read 569411 times)

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
Re: Elona
« Reply #2055 on: June 12, 2012, 03:46:12 am »

Maybe you didn't kill every robber? Check again, if it still doesn't work, try resetting Vernis holding backspace and pressing enter. Make sure you finish any quest-board missions before you do so.

Any interact-able NPC's (The ones that you can't walk through even when friendly) shouldn't be obtainable without hacking. I'm guessing they have negative breeding power, but I haven't done it myself. It shouldn't cause any problems even if they do have any chance of breeding.

They'll just poof in front of you with a unique message for each god. Again, you can't catch/dominate them without hacking. Even if you did, you'd just die repeatedly everytime an enemy shows up since all gods have access to Mewmewmew!, which fires an low orbit laser cannon at everyone except the user dealing 9,999,999 unresistable damage.

Cursed anything makes you vomit. While eating equipment that "maintains" a stat gives experience for that stat, you'll lose more stat xp from vomiting.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 03:47:52 am by Blaze »

Frostbite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2056 on: June 12, 2012, 08:02:56 am »

What are some of the new features added to the classes?... do they tell or list them when you make the char ?

i am just wondering what all the new passives they have i seen someone say warrior has a double attack what about thief , pianist and others ?

1piemaster1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2057 on: June 12, 2012, 11:13:12 am »

Hey! Haven't seen this thread in a while. Just thought I would stop by and say that i am also playing this again :P. I'm a bit stuck on how to tell which weapons are better and such though.. the dice thing is very confusing.

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
« Reply #2058 on: June 12, 2012, 11:15:11 am »

can someone post the actual download link? I followed the directions in the previous post and I am still confused.
I got nothing

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2059 on: June 12, 2012, 12:15:50 pm »

can someone post the actual download link? I followed the directions in the previous post and I am still confused.
Elona Xmas The latest stable version.
Elona 1.22 The latest version.
1.22 Fanpatch

the dice thing is very confusing.
Damage dice is real easy, the first number is minimum damage, multiply both numbers to get the maximum damage.

A 2d5 weapon deals 2-10 base damage, a 5d2 weapon deals base 5-10 damage, and a 10d2 weapon deals 10-20 base damage.

1piemaster1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2060 on: June 12, 2012, 12:23:01 pm »

1.22 Fanpatch

the dice thing is very confusing.
Damage dice is real easy, the first number is minimum damage, multiply both numbers to get the maximum damage.

A 2d5 weapon deals 2-10 base damage, a 5d2 weapon deals base 5-10 damage, and a 10d2 weapon deals 10-20 base damage.
Thanks, thats what i thought it was but i wasn't sure.. Using a 1d25+2 bardish atm. 1 more thing though, do you know where i could find a cure mutation potion (not cure corruption, ik you get those from blackjack)?

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2061 on: June 12, 2012, 12:38:40 pm »

You can check the wizard's store everytime you visit a city. You have to invest a little in shops for making sure valuable potions to appear more frequently though.

1piemaster1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2062 on: June 12, 2012, 01:08:25 pm »

Yeah just noticed 2 cure mutation potions in the wizard shop, drank them but didn't cure the thing i wanted it to, tried to save scum and then the potions were gone :P. Guess i will invest.

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2063 on: June 12, 2012, 01:15:04 pm »

1.22 Fanpatch
Also:
Elona+ (JP): http://wikiwiki.jp/elonaplus/ (Last updated June 10th? Good to see development on it is still live...)
Compilation of other mods (JP): http://wikiwiki.jp/elonaval/
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

snelg

• Bay Watcher
  • Hoary Marmot Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2064 on: June 12, 2012, 04:04:48 pm »

Yeah just noticed 2 cure mutation potions in the wizard shop, drank them but didn't cure the thing i wanted it to, tried to save scum and then the potions were gone :P. Guess i will invest.
If you find them lying around you might want to store a few for emergency use. It's not always easy to be prepared for everything in the beginning but it can come in useful later.
When there's no more room in the fortress, the cats will walk the earth.
Cancels writing: Interrupted by Hoary Marmot.

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2065 on: June 12, 2012, 04:11:31 pm »

Game autosaves so if you want to savescum copy your saves to another folder and when you want to savescum overwrite your copied saves with the new ones ;D

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #2066 on: June 12, 2012, 07:00:08 pm »

On the note of innate class skills in Elona+

warrior --increase the chance of extra melee attack (works with melee weapons even those that doesnt have this attribute)
thief --avoidance rate increase
wizard --reduce consumption of MP
farmer --increase the chance of decapitation (but only for weapons that has this attribute, scythe, sickle, sniper rifles)
predator --critical rate increase
archer --General physical attacks hit rate rise last (not sure what this is, definitely not the hit stat you see in the character window)
warmage --casting rate increases by 5%
tourist --lose more money from pickpockets? (D: doesnt seem like a bonus at all)
pianist --sometimes nullifies sound damage you receive
gunner --increases the chance of extra ranged attack (works with ranged weapons even those that doesnt have this attribute)
priest --increase effect of HP recovering spells
claymore --rarely invokes an absolute piercing attack (works even if the weapon doesnt have this attribute)

And another bit of interesting stuff...

added skills:
rampage requires lvl30 marksman --gives fury status
shadow step requires lvl30 stealth
houzanha requires lvl30 mining --destroy field
mana burst requires lvl40 casting
magic kiss requires lvl20 magic capacity
bakuretuken requires lvl30 martial arts
makouken requires lvl50 martial arts & lvl20 control magic --adds magic dmg to your un-armed attacks
clear mind requires lvl100 martial arts --increase WIL and PER
synchro hearts requires 100 charisma
charge requires 120 constitution after you get the card key (what card key?)
ensemble requires lvl30 performer --allows you to play without a music instrument (if the pet adds bonus, im not sure)
directive requires 10 charisma --switches pet between offense/defense mode
call familiar requires 30 charisma --calls pet that are in standy mode in towns, using it on a pet who's currently with you sends it back to town

Nifty.

Got it off the elona forums, in here.

Kobold Troubadour

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUSICALITY: +-]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2067 on: June 12, 2012, 08:14:17 pm »

ensemble requires lvl30 performer --allows you to play without a music instrument (if the pet adds bonus, im not sure)
So basically Air Guitar...you're so good the audience won't even notice your not playing music. Sweet...hopefully you can rock out with your pets too and be a Travelling Mariachi Band of DEATH! And thanks for explaining the dice damage thing. I wasn't totally clear with that myself.

Maybe Predator class can be like the ones in the movies...then you can actually clash with the Alien type enemies so that it comes full circle.

Been doing Party Time quests and failing intentionally cuz' I'm just focusing on Beggars and NPCs weaker than me to steal their stuff (And I can't play any instrument  anyway). The minimal Fame drop is nothing. The aphrodisiacs are everywhere in that place....will the increased friendship status via drunkin' partying carry over outside?
[UTTERANCES] kinda' makes it hard for people to understand kobold songs...

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #2068 on: June 12, 2012, 08:33:18 pm »

Iiiiiii don't think so, but I'm not sure. I've never ran a music based charecter, so those quests were mostly off limits. And, while as with anything elona, I'm not sure, but I think predator is just supposed to be like, wolves. Which is kind've odd considering other actual predators like dogs and such are classes if you enable them.

1piemaster1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2069 on: June 13, 2012, 04:06:49 pm »

Whats the best deed to buy first? I was thinking a farm or a ranch since those aren't too expensive. Museums are good money i hear but they just cost too much too start out for me.
Pages: 1 ... 136 137 [138] 139 140 ... 291