Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 165

Author Topic: Blurb on Games that probably don't deserve their own threads.  (Read 282521 times)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
Re: Blurb on Games that probably don't deserve their own threads.
« Reply #450 on: September 14, 2019, 04:54:36 pm »

Whoops, mixed up with this one. For some reason, it goes first in google for me.
Oh god, that's horrible. I didn't even know this came out. Yeah that game is not representative of the series IMO

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: September 15, 2019, 06:15:01 am »

Receiver, the game that's less of a game and more of a manual reloading/instant death simulator, just got an update... after what, six years?

Just tried it, runs a lot smoother. Had a problem with fine aiming, which has been reported by others as well, but I was able to remedy it with some adjustments to mouse sensitivity.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: September 16, 2019, 03:35:09 pm »

I have a soft spot for this one old-as-shit MMO, RPG World Online. Turns out the guy has not been idle over the past decade. His new game is Guild Vale.

Can't vouch for its quality but I'll assume it's as grindy and addictive and fugly as his first several games.

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: September 17, 2019, 11:04:25 pm »

Destiny or Fate... a deck builder that combines a mishmash of features, and pulls it off in an intriguing fashion. Seen better, seen a lot worse. Has potential.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 18, 2019, 01:23:04 am by Aoi »
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: September 19, 2019, 06:32:05 pm »

A. Seems neat.

B. Watching people play it is apparently mildly infuriating. It took like one or two fights of observation to realize play order is like super important and six or seven more the folks I scoped were still basically friggin' ignoring it. *vaguely insulting muttering noises*
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: September 19, 2019, 09:54:44 pm »

Watching people play it is apparently mildly infuriating. It took like one or two fights of observation to realize play order is like super important and six or seven more the folks I scoped were still basically friggin' ignoring it. *vaguely insulting muttering noises*

It is... the tutorial is basically UI and combo, because that's really the only thing that matters. Particularly if they play with the girl who has a wolf: One of her specials allows you to Chain(stun) an enemy, so triggering her as much as possible is a good way to succeed.

My team that was stomping everything was composed of stage 1 elites-- when upgraded, they give the combined passive of +4 cards on your first turn, -1 cost to all cards on the first turn (or maybe just initial draw). Combo that with cards that draw additional cards, cards that have a chance of drawing free cards, the ability to inflict Chain, one that does 7 damage per card in your hand to the entire enemy party, and pretty much everything falls to pieces.

Except that one battle that consistently does me in and killed me in two turns.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: September 20, 2019, 12:39:08 am »

Eh, not sure if I should necro the Pet Peeves thread or toss it here, but whatever:

Why oh why is it so rare to find a console->PC port (or, worse yet, cross-release) that has controls that actually make sense for KB/M?

Take you, Mistover. (Or anything by NIS.)

It's like Darkest Dungeon (down to the art style, albeit it a cute anime version) meets Mystery Dungeon (or roguelikes in general, if you're unfamiliar with the franchise), with 3x3 grid combat encounters. Sure, sounds good to me.

But why on earth do your controls have to be just that plain annoying?

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: September 20, 2019, 11:42:04 am »

Has anyone tried Untitled Goose Game yet?

You're a goose, and your goal is to annoy people until they put up a "No geese" sign. IT looks potentially entertaining, and also potentially gets old quickly. If it doesn't do that second thing, I'm in.

Eh, not sure if I should necro the Pet Peeves thread or toss it here, but whatever:

Why oh why is it so rare to find a console->PC port (or, worse yet, cross-release) that has controls that actually make sense for KB/M?

If it was made for console first, it was made and optimized to fit specific hardware, and put no effort into any other hardware. At the point where they're porting it, they probably aren't putting as much time and effort in (the main devs may have moved on). So they don't put in the effort and code (with associated prior-optimized code removal and bug-fixing) to do the port properly. It's easy to comment out some code so it never gets used, creating code whole cloth is not the same.

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
  • Going on a pilgrimage to Mars
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: September 20, 2019, 01:03:14 pm »

At this point it might be easier to get a gamepad for your pc.
Bring Kobold Kamp to LNP! graphics compatibility fix.

So the conclusion I'm getting here is that we use QSPs because dwarves can't pilot submarines.

auzewasright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: September 22, 2019, 10:27:54 pm »

Rails Across America is a good and underrated game from about 2000. It's like Railroad Tycoon, but for me somehow more fun to play. You can play a complete game from 1829 to 2020-30 if one so desires. As always, the main issue is running it on a new system.
On a fun note, all of the beds just starting disintegrating
By the way, it (my name) is pronounced "ah-zee".

Stench Guzman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: September 26, 2019, 04:46:39 pm »

You're a goose, and your goal is to annoy people until they put up a "No geese" sign. IT looks potentially entertaining, and also potentially gets old quickly. If it doesn't do that second thing, I'm in.

I've seen a couple of playthroughs of it.  It's on the short side, at about 2-3 hours for the main quest and then maybe a couple more for the optional stuff.  There isn't much replay value after that.

It's the kind of game made for streamers to show off goofy stuff to their audience.  You could suffice with watching one or two youtube videos on it if you don't want to spend the money.

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: September 26, 2019, 07:20:47 pm »

I've seen a couple of playthroughs of it.  It's on the short side, at about 2-3 hours for the main quest and then maybe a couple more for the optional stuff.  There isn't much replay value after that.

It's the kind of game made for streamers to show off goofy stuff to their audience.  You could suffice with watching one or two youtube videos on it if you don't want to spend the money.

Uhm... Could you fix the quote tag suggesting that the review/comment on that goose game is from me?
« Last Edit: September 26, 2019, 07:22:27 pm by Aoi »

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: September 28, 2019, 11:29:15 pm »

Stygian: Reign of the Old Ones -- it's like an indie Fallout in Lovecraft-land.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

...And elsewhere, there's the commonly used combo of x+esc... and it can't REALLY be rebound, since you're still tied to controller inputs, so changing v or esc changes everything else tied to them.  :'(
« Last Edit: September 29, 2019, 07:50:42 pm by Aoi »

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: October 06, 2019, 12:16:01 pm »

Goose game is good for what it is. Short if you're just interested in solving the assigned tasks as quickly as possible, but if you are more interested in running around and interacting with the world it has a bit more to offer.

I found it fairly fun, my wife absolutely loves it. I'd say actually interacting with the game is the most important part. You really have to kind of make your own RP fun in the game. We liked yelling at the stupid humans as we did stuff and doing silly things like dragging a favorite item around with us to new areas.

I'd say it is definitely one of those games that will be lots of fun for some people and mediocre for others. Good one to watch a little bit of someone else playing first to see if it is your cup of tea. If it is, I'd say it's worth the money.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: October 07, 2019, 08:37:04 am »

Goose game is good for what it is. Short if you're just interested in solving the assigned tasks as quickly as possible, but if you are more interested in running around and interacting with the world it has a bit more to offer.

I found it fairly fun, my wife absolutely loves it. I'd say actually interacting with the game is the most important part. You really have to kind of make your own RP fun in the game. We liked yelling at the stupid humans as we did stuff and doing silly things like dragging a favorite item around with us to new areas.

I'd say it is definitely one of those games that will be lots of fun for some people and mediocre for others. Good one to watch a little bit of someone else playing first to see if it is your cup of tea. If it is, I'd say it's worth the money.

Agreed. And don't hit tab (at least until you need to do the boring "collect a list of things in one spot" task). It takes all of the exploration out of the level.

I've only gotten one thing off the also to-do list (???????????), but I have found 3-4 things that make my honk sound different, so I'm feeling good about my exploration.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 165