Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 137 138 [139] 140 141 ... 291

Author Topic: Elona  (Read 569527 times)

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
Re: Elona
« Reply #2070 on: June 13, 2012, 04:40:23 pm »

I usually started with a farm or ranch, but I hear those are bad decisions. Maybe a shop? That way you can sell your random junk at jacked up prices like the NPC shops.  :P

1piemaster1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2071 on: June 13, 2012, 05:50:47 pm »

Could you explain to me how shops work exactly? I know i have to hire a pet to work them.. Do the items actually sell at those jacked up prices? That could definitely cover my taxes..

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2072 on: June 13, 2012, 06:43:03 pm »

You purchase a shop deed and place it like any other building. Then assign one of your pets as a shopkeeper, Charisma increases the customers and Negotiation increases the sell price.; though being a shopkeeper will train these as well.

Simply drop any non-pickpocketed non-furniture item and at the end of each day, your shopkeeper (may) sell some items and deposit the earned cash/items in your shop's strongbox.

In the beginning, you can only keep 10 items in the store, but you can upgrade your store to hold more items (and be larger, but it's more or less cosmetic).

As your shopkeeper sells more items, your shop rank will increase, bringing in more customers as well as earning a small amount of income regardless of items sold.

Items that you sell to NPC shops are capped at 1/3 of it's base value no matter how high your negotiation is, with equipment getting a further 95% price decrease. Your pet shopkeeper doesn't have this limit.

Items sold to you by NPC shops are massively jacked up because you probably have low negotiation skill. If you chose a race/class that starts with negotiation (Which is skill level 4), a 500gp item will cost 10,000gp. At 10 negotiation, a 500gp item will cost 4,545gp. If you don't know the negotiation skill AT ALL, items will cost 100x higher than they normally would.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 07:01:13 pm by Blaze »

1piemaster1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2073 on: June 13, 2012, 07:13:03 pm »

Wow. Thats pretty awesome. My negotiation is 14 but i think it will still be a big increase. So would this be a better first deed to buy instead of the museum?

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2074 on: June 13, 2012, 07:26:12 pm »

Muesum is still better than the shop. It takes a while before you even start getting profits from the shop.

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2075 on: June 13, 2012, 07:36:26 pm »

Stash away some cards and statues before you use your museum deed... it too takes some amount to start getting a profit. Doesn't matter if it's a duplicate, just put one item per tile. Keep killing those weaker NPCs in party quests!

1piemaster1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2076 on: June 13, 2012, 07:42:49 pm »

I've got about 39 cards and statues total so far. Should i save up a little bit more for the museum or just go ahead and get the shop?

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2077 on: June 13, 2012, 07:56:11 pm »

That should be enough but every card and statue have a different value. Try killing special NPCs for high-value cards and statues.

Whenever you are in Yowyn, kill <Gwen> the Innocent and get the card. She will always follow you around the town so you don't have to search her and she is easy to kill.

1piemaster1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2078 on: June 13, 2012, 08:01:38 pm »

Alright I'll go ahead and buy the museum then. Thanks for the tips.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2079 on: June 13, 2012, 10:38:33 pm »

The shop keeper is going to be one of your "pets", so it's not based on your charisma and negotiation, but your shopkeeper's. You can investigate them for 10k gold at the ranker. Personally, I'm going to wait till I catch the highest level thief, and then give it all the saved up negotiation and charisma equipment I saved up.

SomethingCreative

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2080 on: June 14, 2012, 07:24:04 am »

Oh man. I had no idea cargo was so lucrative. I finally got my first 100,000gp without cheating like a dirty little cheating cheater.

Elona+ has been updated to version 1.07. I found the changelog and jammed it through google translate. Still pretty illegible, but I'm posting it anyway in the spoilers below.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Drakale

• Bay Watcher
  • I will get my revenge~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2081 on: June 14, 2012, 09:02:14 am »

• If the PC has a friendly smile feet, to take effect and also "attacks" of fellow.

I... What is... I Don't..

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2082 on: June 14, 2012, 09:40:16 am »

Oh man. I had no idea cargo was so lucrative. I finally got my first 100,000gp without cheating like a dirty little cheating cheater.
Prostution is even more lucrative IF you got the wicked trait. I made 800k in like half an hour if I remember right. I really wanted to buy that castle.

snelg

• Bay Watcher
  • Hoary Marmot Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2083 on: June 14, 2012, 12:29:02 pm »

I ran errands from the bounty-board coupled with some cargo last character, it worked pretty well since there tend to be a few people/items going the same direction. And you get platinum coins as well.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
When there's no more room in the fortress, the cats will walk the earth.
Cancels writing: Interrupted by Hoary Marmot.

Wolf Tengu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2084 on: June 14, 2012, 02:09:00 pm »

Yeah, boots of awesome are the best.

Tell me when there's ann english version of +

Then I can Gene some items of awesome over. Think Gene will ever do anything but items?

EVOLVING GOLDEN Knight.
Everybody!
Pages: 1 ... 137 138 [139] 140 141 ... 291