Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 158 159 [160] 161 162 ... 291

Author Topic: Elona  (Read 569210 times)

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Elona
« Reply #2385 on: July 19, 2012, 10:43:34 am »

Yeah, I noticed the xp growth too. Wow.

Oh, and is getting mining as soon as possible and mining out your house for eternity viable.

Slow, but yeah, viable. It levels up fine even without spending any PP on it.

I always mine out the blocks in hunting quests; and that quickly pushed my mining to over 30 without me even trying. I was mistaken by the way; that new action skill I posted about earlier didn't do any damage, it's just a convenient way to mine out most of the map.

JimDale

• Bay Watcher
  • Not actually at all
    • View Profile
« Reply #2386 on: July 19, 2012, 11:06:47 am »

It's also incredibly useful for getting to the stairs easily in the Minotaur nest, if you're able to deal with the Minotaurs and other enemies coming at you from all directions.

Patchy

• Bay Watcher
  • Mukyu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2387 on: July 19, 2012, 04:15:39 pm »

Ah, it's been awhile since I indulged in the insanity that is elona. Thinkin about getting the Elona+ here. Just a couple quick questions though. Are wizards spells still stupidly weak compared to... well everything? Or have they been rebalanced a bit? Also are the saves compatible from the xmas version? Or would it be better to just make and use a gene? Well off to find a dl link.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 04:30:35 pm by Patchy »

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2388 on: July 19, 2012, 05:33:20 pm »

Magic didn't change much, they did add a few new spells as well as a new element.

Saves from 1.16 and 1.22 should be compatible, just make a backup first. If it doesn't work, migrate it to 1.22 then to +.

Also, talking to Yacatect gives the best item ever.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2389 on: July 19, 2012, 05:47:02 pm »

Ah, it's been awhile since I indulged in the insanity that is elona. Thinkin about getting the Elona+ here. Just a couple quick questions though. Are wizards spells still stupidly weak compared to... well everything? Or have they been rebalanced a bit? Also are the saves compatible from the xmas version? Or would it be better to just make and use a gene? Well off to find a dl link.
I always did everything so i never did get far. To me it just seems you need to use a large amount of spellbooks but you can get good damage on the spells.

Wolf Tengu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2390 on: July 19, 2012, 06:33:42 pm »

Well poisoning seems more common...
Everybody!

Patchy

• Bay Watcher
  • Mukyu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2391 on: July 19, 2012, 06:46:47 pm »

Well I got a wizard with 25+ in most combat spells and 50+ almost 60 on nerve arrow/nightmare if I recall. I can solo most high lvl monsters with her, it just takes forever to do it. But if there isn't much difference in damage output of spells, I'll just roll up a new gene as a thief or gunner. Wizards are fun, but they really need something to help hike their damage up a bit, I've had a warrior with nearly half the stats as my wiz and it took far larger chunks of life out of some of the same beasties that my wiz has to sit there and pelt with spells all day.

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2392 on: July 19, 2012, 07:02:16 pm »

Well I got a wizard with 25+ in most combat spells and 50+ almost 60 on nerve arrow/nightmare if I recall. I can solo most high lvl monsters with her, it just takes forever to do it. But if there isn't much difference in damage output of spells, I'll just roll up a new gene as a thief or gunner. Wizards are fun, but they really need something to help hike their damage up a bit, I've had a warrior with nearly half the stats as my wiz and it took far larger chunks of life out of some of the same beasties that my wiz has to sit there and pelt with spells all day.
I kinda feel the same. Though i am using spells occasionally I think i'll just use them as support, casting weakness to easier kill, or web to slow em down while shooting them with my machine gun.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2393 on: July 19, 2012, 07:16:18 pm »

Just a question: Is Elosnack compatible with Elona+?
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2394 on: July 19, 2012, 07:42:40 pm »

Just a question: Is Elosnack compatible with Elona+?
...So its a save editor?
Why not just run wizard mode then?
Or edit a 1.22(?) save and then port it to elona+ if it the editor does not work with +

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2395 on: July 19, 2012, 08:52:15 pm »

Saves from 1.16 and 1.22 should be compatible, just make a backup first. If it doesn't work, migrate it to 1.22 then to +.

It's the same case as in vanilla - the developers recommend saving in a town before you copy the save files.

Also, talking to Yacatect gives the best item ever.

Still not very impressive... it requires using up a wish. I've seen better random artifacts on NPC adventurers.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 09:00:04 pm by kcwong »

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2396 on: July 19, 2012, 10:36:23 pm »

It's hard to beat though; combine this plus Mani's Mechanical Binder for +200 PV. The binder screws your Marksman and Tactics skills so melee/ranged is almost useless and it weighs 15 stones, but you can still hit medium armor for a minor -8% casting penalty. Plus, once you've got evolution potions and slb's, there's not much to wish for.

So far I've found the following "talk to god" items:
Currently smarming up to Lulzy.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 10:47:38 pm by Blaze »

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #2397 on: July 19, 2012, 11:05:48 pm »

It's hard to beat though; combine this plus Mani's Mechanical Binder for +200 PV. The binder screws your Marksman and Tactics skills so melee/ranged is almost useless and it weighs 15 stones, but you can still hit medium armor for a minor -8% casting penalty. Plus, once you've got evolution potions and slb's, there's not much to wish for.

So far I've found the following "talk to god" items:
Currently smarming up to Lulzy.
They have to like you a lot for them to give you an item? Mani's still wandering around Lumiest for me, doing nothing.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2398 on: July 19, 2012, 11:11:57 pm »

Oh yeah, you need a lot. I remember I got a pet long before I could get the item. So get around 3rd gift level i.e. when they're going to give you a weapon before using a wish.

Patchy

• Bay Watcher
  • Mukyu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2399 on: July 20, 2012, 12:14:26 am »

Hmm, well maybe Lulwy gives an artifact with a massive speed boost to offset the fetter of earth. Looks like its all gonna be a set. Massive boosts coupled with crippling negatives. It's something to collect at the very least once you get to the point where you got more wishes then you know what to do with.

Though that brings to mind. Is the harvest spell nerfed in Elona+? That was my main source of wishes for my wizzie. I've gotten maybe 4 or 5 wish rods from harvest, semi rare considering how much I spammed it, but definately was nice to see those rods drop when they did.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 12:21:39 am by Patchy »
Pages: 1 ... 158 159 [160] 161 162 ... 291