Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 159 160 [161] 162 163 ... 291

Author Topic: Elona  (Read 566421 times)

Wolf Tengu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Elona
« Reply #2400 on: July 20, 2012, 12:49:35 am »

What's the best feats to start with?

I went all charisma last time...
Everybody!

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2401 on: July 20, 2012, 12:53:59 am »

I go Lucky, Agile, and Sexy. Lucky because it's hard to raise, Agile because speed good, and Sexy because I couldn't think of anything else.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Patchy

• Bay Watcher
  • Mukyu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2402 on: July 20, 2012, 01:00:18 am »

The acsetics are nice to have, and if you plan to use magic beyond simply buffing yourself, the magical gene series is a must. I also like the resistance feats, especially since it isn't hard to become nigh invurnable to physical attacks with pv/dv and a few choice equips, so they help cover the other ways to take damage. And of course the agile feats for the extra speed of course.

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2403 on: July 20, 2012, 01:28:01 am »

Exorcist. I always start with this one because I can't be arsed to remove all equipment every time I go to sleep and re-equip them all afterwards. :P

When you plan to use lots of pets, Natural Leader. This action skill basically give all your pets a second life (grants your pets Hero, Speed, and Contingency effects for some time. Based on Charisma).

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #2404 on: July 20, 2012, 04:31:08 am »

Yeah, I always take exorcist, but I'm kind've all over on the others. Dimensional Move is another I take a lot, good way to get away from those bandit gangs.

Wolf Tengu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2405 on: July 20, 2012, 02:18:38 pm »

I was going to say something about something, but I lucked out on some boots of awesome...

Uhh... poison seems more damaging too?
Everybody!

JimDale

• Bay Watcher
  • Not actually at all
    • View Profile
« Reply #2406 on: July 20, 2012, 04:04:19 pm »

I generally pick Fire Breath, Dimensional Move, and a point in luck.
As someone before mentioned, Dimensional move can be used to escape bandit gangs (and thus the penalty for surrendering).
Fire Breath, however, I picked for one sole reason. It can be abused to burn wells (simply aim at an NPC across the well from you) into non-existance for a minor karma hit, maybe -10 at the most. Often it's only -2 or -4 hits.

When the town regenerates, the well will regenerate with it, and with the well the drink charges will also. I've gotten five or six wishes off of wells this way, in one save.
In a way, it's like putting a point into "More Wishes"

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2407 on: July 21, 2012, 10:17:54 am »

I finally got the skills to try necromancy on the fusion pot.

It seems there are translation bugs... it said it want:

1 Mana Crystal
1 Heart
1 Book
1 Book
1 Coffin

But the books are not really books; it wants more body parts (including hearts). It also accepts cards and statues.

You get a Coffin of Necromancy as a result. When used it will release an undead monster... which is actually a monster of the void I think (neutral; you have to capture it. Killing it costs me -2 karma). At level 27, a green cat (that I could beat with eyes closed) is all I could get with numerous retries.

I tried with a rabbit heart, blood of greater pumpkin and bone of ancient coffin, using a scalework coffin. Maybe I should try something else...

Wolf Tengu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2408 on: July 21, 2012, 10:29:02 am »

I  found a sniper rifle on my Claymore, itt was badass.

What's the class that might shoot twice? gunner?

I AM tempted, though I might just invest in firearms orr somethting.
Everybody!

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2409 on: July 21, 2012, 10:34:40 am »

I  found a sniper rifle on my Claymore, itt was badass.

What's the class that might shoot twice? gunner?

I AM tempted, though I might just invest in firearms orr somethting.

Machine gun's better when your firearms is low... they often get a huge to-hit bonus.

Sniper comes with a to-hit penalty, but big dice and decapitation...

JimDale

• Bay Watcher
  • Not actually at all
    • View Profile
« Reply #2410 on: July 21, 2012, 02:05:45 pm »

Machine guns can also get huge die rolls, I've seen quite a few eternal machine guns reach 10d9 and blackmarket vendors. Everlasting machineguns reach 10d7 nearly all of the time.
Also, in the "?" section, is the "Rifle" section referring to sniper rifles or something else? The damage rolls in that area seemed a bit funny and I'm doubting myself.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 02:08:49 pm by JimDale »

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #2411 on: July 21, 2012, 02:48:39 pm »

What's the best feats to start with?

I went all charisma last time...
About half the time I just pull out the memory editor and take them all :P

Otherwise exorcist, then... whatever.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Wolf Tengu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2412 on: July 21, 2012, 03:38:08 pm »

Which god is reccomended?

Lulwy for speed?
Everybody!

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2413 on: July 21, 2012, 07:44:52 pm »

Ehekatl is okay too, because luck is hard to raise. Speed is always nice.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Patchy

• Bay Watcher
  • Mukyu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2414 on: July 21, 2012, 09:09:20 pm »

Lulwy and Ehakatl are definately solid general picks, as most classes can get some benefits from their abilities. Yacatect(the Elona+ Newcomer) also looks pretty good as a general god, and who doesn't want a goose that lays platinum coins.

Jure and Opatos aren't bad either, and are silly easy to raise favor with. Jure is a lil more geared towards pet lovers and Opatos gives extra defense.

Kumiromi and Itzpalt are both really geared towards specific classes/activities. Farmers and wizards basically.

And last but not.... err ok maybe he is least useful in my opinion, Mani. Really I just don't care for him that much, his rewards are kind of meh.
Pages: 1 ... 159 160 [161] 162 163 ... 291