Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 173 174 [175] 176 177 ... 291

Author Topic: Elona  (Read 566408 times)

Markus

• Bay Watcher
  • [Alignment:Lawful Bacon]
    • View Profile
Re: Elona
« Reply #2610 on: May 21, 2013, 07:21:49 pm »

New patch out, short version is you can now hug enemies to death, the weapon class special attacks are now tied to a limit break gauge of some kind, and you can now put melee weapons into the ranged slot and throw them, and put bows into the main weapon slot and whack people with them.

EDIT: also what file do I copy over to transfer a character I'm lost send help
Wait, this is still Plus right?

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #2611 on: May 21, 2013, 07:34:56 pm »

Yeah, vanilla elona isn't getting support anymore. Go forth and hug.

Markus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2612 on: May 21, 2013, 08:35:19 pm »

. . . Sounds like something Argus would do to add insult to injury.

Am I the only one who occasionally uses debug races like bacteria and slime?

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #2613 on: May 21, 2013, 10:50:28 pm »

So I've been playing the past couple days; currently level 15. So far, I've managed to get 3 wishes from my pet using wells. Used them all on potions of evolution.
Spoiler: hells yes (click to show/hide)
Not a bad start, all things considered.

I pretty much play it as a machinegun-toting variation of the battlemage.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 10:54:35 pm by alway »

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2614 on: May 22, 2013, 12:46:02 am »

Guns and magic go well together. I think I did that in the beginning with my best character too.

And since I've had to compare my characters to other peoples', I took a bunch of screenshots of related stuff. I'll leave it in a link since spoilers still load even if not opened, but I'll just leave the main page screenshot here.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Feats, equips, skills, and some other stuff here.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #2615 on: May 22, 2013, 12:50:11 am »

. . . Sounds like something Argus would do to add insult to injury.

Am I the only one who occasionally uses debug races like bacteria and slime?

Not at all! In fact the bacteria race is a rather important thing in the "plot".

So I've been playing the past couple days; currently level 15. So far, I've managed to get 3 wishes from my pet using wells. Used them all on potions of evolution.
Spoiler: hells yes (click to show/hide)
Not a bad start, all things considered.

I pretty much play it as a machinegun-toting variation of the battlemage.

Small hint, for a warmage you probably want to go mostly light armor if you intend on actually using magic. Your total equips including weapon have to weigh under 15.0s for that. Medium isn't terrible. Definitely don't go into heavy armor, it gives a huge casting penalty. Also shields and dual weilding knock it down a little. Probably not too bad if you have casting at a decent level. Heavy armor is the biggest thing to note.

Also guns are always a great choice. :P

EDIT: SirAaronIII has revealed that heavy armor is a 20% penalty, it'll cap at 80% if yo uwear it. Medium is probably something closer to 5%,  Shields are 12%, and I think dual wielding was 7%? You definitely don't want to stack them but you could probably get away with one or two of them. Or just one if it's heavy armor or maybe shields.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 12:56:29 am by Seriyu »

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2616 on: May 22, 2013, 12:58:49 am »

That was just from literally a "okay let's grab all the heaviest looking stuff in my storage house and put it on and try to cast"-type test, aka not very thoroughly. But it should be good enough to give you the general idea that magic is hard with armor on.

Sad thing about magic and gunnery is that usually bullets+machine guns are enough to put you into medium armor weight.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Patchy

• Bay Watcher
  • Mukyu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2617 on: May 22, 2013, 07:49:26 am »

Here is a pic of my main char and her little girl. I've got a quite a few very nice artifacts accumulated over the course of my time playing that have been inherited down through my chars. Needless to say, I'm reasonably well decked out. I can post some more screenies of the other stat pages or various artifacts I have if wanted.

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #2618 on: May 22, 2013, 10:15:59 am »

from the looks of it, patchy you have fun importing portraits and sprites into the game?
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

Patchy

• Bay Watcher
  • Mukyu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2619 on: May 22, 2013, 10:47:55 am »

Yeah, well mainly portraits. Simple as a google image search and then cropping and resizing the pic as needed. Sprite work is a bit tougher.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #2620 on: May 22, 2013, 03:57:54 pm »

For people currently having issues with 1.20 (see: every new melee character, the new melee specials will basically one shot any low level character that can't keep their distance and kill them in a few hits), the devs have stated that they'll be removing it and moving it to south tyris, when people have more options to deal with the specials in 1.21. I dunno if they'll remain in the random activation form before then or not. Hold tight folks!

Markus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2621 on: May 22, 2013, 04:23:52 pm »

I love how the Blessed Crimson Bullet <Fabulous Chosen>+6 (2d3+1) (22) weighs more than a third over what the Blessed Crimson Machine Gun <the criminal>+6 (10d5+1) (54).

The rubynus bulletproof jacket weighs less than either of them.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2622 on: May 22, 2013, 07:32:58 pm »

Moongates are quite useful. Apparently you can break peoples' kitty banks and take the money inside without repercussion. Since these are usually really powerful peoples' homes, you can see some pretty ridiculous sums of cash just lying around for the taking, like so:

Man, this saves so much time grinding quests over and over for money. But it'll never solve the issue of platinum.

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2623 on: May 22, 2013, 08:53:23 pm »

Grinding quests for money? I suppose you have never heard how much prostitution pays. Have fun and make money at the same time! It also levels up your CHA.

Really, with the wicked feat, a huge booze stockpile, and the animations turned off I make like 1m in 20 mins. I think I told about this moneymaking tactic like 5 times in this thread.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 08:55:17 pm by Leatra »

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2624 on: May 22, 2013, 09:03:26 pm »

Some of us don't go for the wicked feat, don't keep blessed healing potions around for STDs, and also don't need the charisma. I think you can get plenty enough charisma from invest spam. :P
Pages: 1 ... 173 174 [175] 176 177 ... 291