Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 179 180 [181] 182 183 ... 291

Author Topic: Elona  (Read 569234 times)

Patchy

• Bay Watcher
  • Mukyu
    • View Profile
Re: Elona
« Reply #2700 on: May 31, 2013, 09:38:05 pm »

I don't like to use my skill points on a skill until it reaches at least 40+. Until then relying on platinum is usually good enough.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2701 on: May 31, 2013, 09:49:48 pm »

In Elona+ 1.19, Training skills via platinum always increases a skill's potential by 20%. Feel free to spend your bonus points early; at higher skill levels you'll only gain 2-3 potential anyway. The maximum platinum cost to train a skill is 30, but you won't hit that until you're 120-ish in a skill.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 09:52:08 pm by Blaze »

Patchy

• Bay Watcher
  • Mukyu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2702 on: May 31, 2013, 10:11:40 pm »

Ah thats nice to know, but I'm waiting for 1.21 before I upgrade.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #2703 on: June 01, 2013, 01:10:26 am »

Personally, I use them on the medium-high skills, obviously prioritizing the important ones. Though I tend to rely more on sleep events and scrolls of growth for skill potential. Low ones I toss a plat training if necessary, but my usual cutoff for spending plat is 75% potential, except for the really important ones (casting, learning, meditation, and such) which are hard to train, which I keep around 90%-110%.

As a side note, always deck your character out with an Eastern Bed as early as you find one. They weigh 2s, and have a bed quality higher than you find in any city, with the added benefit of being able to set it up anywhere, including a dungeon or just random outdoors area. And with the +20% potential per sleep to your spells, it's a real necessity for any spellcasters.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2704 on: June 01, 2013, 01:19:35 am »

Eastern Beds are even better than the king's bed in Palmia?
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #2705 on: June 01, 2013, 05:07:21 am »

Eastern Beds are even better than the king's bed in Palmia?
if its blessed and has a good modifier on it...
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

Markus

• Bay Watcher
  • [Alignment:Lawful Bacon]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2706 on: June 01, 2013, 06:32:36 am »

Good to know. So blessed portable cooking tool plus a good quality good material blessed eastern bed means you can pretty much camp anywhere like a boss. Well, and a pet to keep you from being woken up.

Also, I finally realized what I was doing wrong in trying to find a gene machine.

I just figured out where port kapul was. I travel the world (read:Buy cargoes of travelers food and run around in oblique circles.) but never saw that dinky little city there, even though I frequent Derphy and Palmia.

Anyway, now I can begin making my putits even more dangerous. . . Hey, can you use gene engineering on yourself?

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2707 on: June 01, 2013, 08:27:44 am »

No, because you can actually teach yourself new skills unlike your companions. :P
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Patchy

• Bay Watcher
  • Mukyu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2708 on: June 01, 2013, 08:59:48 am »

With the updated version is eastern bed better than carrying around a flying scrolled spirit cloth happy bed?

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2709 on: June 01, 2013, 09:03:16 am »

I believe happy beds are better still, but eastern is easier to find.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #2710 on: June 01, 2013, 11:33:02 am »

Yeah, I'm not sure it's better than the bed in Palmia (forgot about that one), but it's better than the inns. Eastern bed is value 130 quality, according to this chart: http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/Bed
Which is way better than anything else in its weight class without advanced stuff like flying scrolls. Happy bed is ideal, of course, but it's not something you're likely to come across early on. The next lightest w/o any weight-altering shenanigans is a full 14s heavier.

As for cooking, from what I saw it's the type which affects the quality. I'm not sure if blessed does anything or not. If possible, go for a barbecue, as those are the highest quality and only weigh 8.2s before any material modifiers. Scrolls of changing materials can knock that down a good deal more if you have enough to cycle through a few heavier ones.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2013, 01:19:45 pm by alway »

Markus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2711 on: June 01, 2013, 01:14:45 pm »

I didn't notice material modifiers were present in cooking items-all the ones I have are just [Name of Item.]

Barbecue sets far outstrip anything else in cooking, but I'm such a miser when it comes to stone's weight that I prefer the cooking tool. I mostly have it blessed as a guess. I think it helped at one point, at any rate.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #2712 on: June 01, 2013, 01:32:55 pm »

They do have a material which can be changed; though they may start out with some default no-name material with modifiers of 1. According to the cooking page on the wiki, material and quality modifiers don't change how good they are, though it says nothing about blessed. So get yourself a dawncloth barbecue. :P

Also, I recommend keeping your weight just slightly into the "Burdened" category and have Weight Lifting. You get a speed penalty, but also constantly train weight lifting (and as a result strength). Then when you really need speed, you have plenty of extra weight capacity for what you really need.

Another couple fun facts about food:
Eating a 'raw' weapon or armor with +stats will give you a pretty decent boost in those stats. Eating a 'raw' weapon or armor with 'maintains' stats will give you a buff increasing that stat's potential by a decent amount for a couple thousand ticks. That is to say: that pile of high-stat-boosting miracle quality items you've got laying in a pile in your house? Inferior material that shit and eat it. Though also note the same goes for negatives; they will degrade your stats.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2013, 01:55:12 pm by alway »

Markus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2713 on: June 01, 2013, 05:31:51 pm »

They do have a material which can be changed; though they may start out with some default no-name material with modifiers of 1. According to the cooking page on the wiki, material and quality modifiers don't change how good they are, though it says nothing about blessed. So get yourself a dawncloth barbecue. :P

Also, I recommend keeping your weight just slightly into the "Burdened" category and have Weight Lifting. You get a speed penalty, but also constantly train weight lifting (and as a result strength). Then when you really need speed, you have plenty of extra weight capacity for what you really need.

Another couple fun facts about food:
Eating a 'raw' weapon or armor with +stats will give you a pretty decent boost in those stats. Eating a 'raw' weapon or armor with 'maintains' stats will give you a buff increasing that stat's potential by a decent amount for a couple thousand ticks. That is to say: that pile of high-stat-boosting miracle quality items you've got laying in a pile in your house? Inferior material that shit and eat it. Though also note the same goes for negatives; they will degrade your stats.
Hm. . . Elona holds more surprises every minute-I have found maybe one Spirit cloth item in all my playtime.

Thankfully I knew that stuff at the bottom. As for weight, it's almost impossible for me to not be at least Burdened! all the time even after I drop off all my stuff at home-All these delicious monster balls weigh a ton! (10 stones per full one)

Ogdibus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2714 on: June 01, 2013, 05:39:02 pm »

« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 04:47:20 pm by Ogdibus »
Pages: 1 ... 179 180 [181] 182 183 ... 291