Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 181 182 [183] 184 185 ... 291

Author Topic: Elona  (Read 569645 times)

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
Re: Elona
« Reply #2730 on: June 01, 2013, 09:13:13 pm »

I mostly just play a claymore :P
I have the <Claymore> atm I always try to grab it.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2013, 09:29:53 pm by Alkhemia »
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #2731 on: June 01, 2013, 09:22:46 pm »

Blessed potions of potential are the best. Currently sitting at 'Superb' in potential for every attribute.  8)

I've been pumping investment into 3 magic shops; 1 in Palmia and 2 in Lumiest. Buying every potion of potential I see, and getting more from dungeons. When I get 3 (probably gonna bump it up to 4 soon due to scarcity of water), I grab a single bottle of water and get all of em in the stack blessed for consumption.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2732 on: June 01, 2013, 09:39:27 pm »

A stack of 3 seems so wasteful. Actually, even a stack of like 20 feels wasteful now that I've heard Patchy describe his wonderful change material parties to me.

But yeah, blessed potential = best. Capitalize on it with good food and whoosh, stats everywhere.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
  • Overanalyzing and overthinking EVERYTHING.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2733 on: June 01, 2013, 10:50:08 pm »

o.O I'm walking around the starting town and my pet little girl stepped into a trap and died.
A yawn is a silent scream for coffee.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #2734 on: June 01, 2013, 10:53:17 pm »

Firstly, there is no real 'starting town.' Vernis is just like any of the other towns, and is really just a town.
Secondly, that's why you should equip your pets with wings or some other form of levitation. Because wells are deadly. They will fall in, and they will die. And they will do so much more often than is logically possible. Some form of levitation will stop this from happening entirely, though that's far from the only bad thing well can do. Though you can also get wishes from them, so it sorta evens out a bit.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2735 on: June 01, 2013, 11:00:45 pm »

I think I need to drop the Older Sister on my other low lvl dude she pretty useless.

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2736 on: June 01, 2013, 11:04:44 pm »

I'm having issues getting rid of sleepiness. My character is sleepy, I go stand on a bed in an inn(since I couldn't find a dialogue to rent the room) and use the "rest" action repeatedly, but I'm still sleepy.

Edit: I pressed 'space' while standing on the bed and after using the bed it said i fell asleep, and the game seems to be frozen in auto-turn. Is that normal? A bug/crash? Is there any way to fix this?

Edit2: Derp! Pressing enter fixed it. Also, while sleeping I got a mutation which lets me eat human flesh... why did I get this and is it permanent?
« Last Edit: June 01, 2013, 11:15:32 pm by Ygdrad »

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2737 on: June 01, 2013, 11:22:16 pm »

Use a bed as a "t"ool in order to sleep in it. Enter is context sensitive depending on the item on the ground i.e. pressing enter while standing on a potion will bring up the "q"uaff menu.

While sleeping, you can have certain dreams, both good and bad. The "monster" dream gives you a random mutation. The "Eating human flesh" mutation lets you eat human corpses without going insane. It's a good thing really.

You can get rid of mutations by drinking potions of cure mutation. Do not confuse this with potions of cure corruption.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #2738 on: June 01, 2013, 11:30:18 pm »

Something to note: when you get good mutations and such, they show up as green. Bad stuff is typically red. Blessed items = green, cursed items = red; good mutations = green, bad mutations = red; good equipment bonus = good, bad equipment bonus = bad (typically), and so on.

Also, bed quality affects what events you get in your sleep. The wiki has more details there. In general, you get a bunch of good or bad things, but also spell potential. A 20% increase to potential in all spells for each sleep you do. As a result, if you play a wizard, you really want to make sure you sleep as often as possible, as it will make your spell levels increase at a much, much higher rate, resulting in higher damage/stronger effects and slightly less spell stock usage. The level for each spell is on the left of the casting success chance, with the potential for that spell in parenthesis on the right of said casting success chance.

Also keep in mind that most of your attributes, mutations, ect, are what I would consider 'semi-permanent.' Attributes can decrease, mutations can vanish, but typically such occurrences are relatively rare or require specific events/items, and so you can assume they will change over time, but not in a particularly timely manner.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2013, 11:42:27 pm by alway »

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2739 on: June 01, 2013, 11:50:20 pm »

Also at the start you have ether disease no matter what so after some time your going to start get the mutations from it not sure how many day it will take.

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2740 on: June 01, 2013, 11:52:05 pm »

Is there a way to examine things from range? I've got no idea what all the sprites are and walking over everything to figure out what they are seems... risky.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2741 on: June 01, 2013, 11:54:59 pm »

Use "l"ook or * for free look.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2742 on: June 01, 2013, 11:59:12 pm »

Also at the start you have ether disease no matter what so after some time your going to start get the mutations from it not sure how many day it will take.
As an Elea and avoiding etherwind as much as possible, I start getting symptoms in about the 5th month of the second year... so about 8 months, since you start near the middle of the 8th month. Since Elea get slower ether than other races, I'm guessing it'd be less. Probably 5 or 6 months.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #2743 on: June 02, 2013, 12:33:16 am »

Which just means you need to find a cure corruption potion every 6 months or so. You will find several every month. :P

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2744 on: June 02, 2013, 02:05:42 am »

What's the yellow gauge under enemies' healthbar? Stamina?
Pages: 1 ... 181 182 [183] 184 185 ... 291