Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 184 185 [186] 187 188 ... 291

Author Topic: Elona  (Read 566432 times)

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
Re: Elona
« Reply #2775 on: June 02, 2013, 10:07:02 pm »

Where do I grab version 1.9? 1.20-1.23 was on the japanese wiki frontpage, but i can't seem to find where to get 1.9. Also, what would I be missing out on?

"And it's not that unplayable.... okay, maybe a little."

a single of the tutorial putits taking off 90% of your hp in one super attack(which they get often) is "just a little"? :P
I went back and got it just for you! :P
Also that didn't happen to me. I mean, I got hit but not 90% in one hit. So I guess I didn't grow the same hatred for it as everyone else. Also I actually read the spellbooks of magic dart before them spawning so I had actual damage.

"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
  • Overanalyzing and overthinking EVERYTHING.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2776 on: June 02, 2013, 10:19:40 pm »

Where do I grab version 1.9? 1.20-1.23 was on the japanese wiki frontpage, but i can't seem to find where to get 1.9. Also, what would I be missing out on?

"And it's not that unplayable.... okay, maybe a little."

a single of the tutorial putits taking off 90% of your hp in one super attack(which they get often) is "just a little"? :P
I went back and got it just for you! :P
Also that didn't happen to me. I mean, I got hit but not 90% in one hit. So I guess I didn't grow the same hatred for it as everyone else. Also I actually read the spellbooks of magic dart before them spawning so I had actual damage.

Thanks. I'm fine with a challenge, so if anyone has tips for surviving in melee range against things I don't 1-shot, let me know.

The main problem i have with it is that most of my health vanishes the instant a yellow bar fills up in melee, and they fill up fast. The fact that there are multiple enemies at once and I tend to be too slow to get away from the nastier one as a melee character(burden from heavy equipment for protection), means that I'll usually get wrecked whenever I can't kill everything in range in the next 2-5 turns.
A yawn is a silent scream for coffee.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2777 on: June 02, 2013, 10:34:47 pm »

If you need more speed, grab glass equipment. Those boost speed. Or perhaps worship Lulwy, she gives speed if she favors you.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2778 on: June 02, 2013, 10:38:56 pm »

If you need more speed, grab glass equipment. Those boost speed. Or perhaps worship Lulwy, she gives speed if she favors you.

I haven't figured out how to get a religion yet, and from what I've been seeing with my gunner, glass equipment is all about DV, it usually has little or no PV, which means those special moves will hit hard(since it seems they can't miss so far).

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2779 on: June 02, 2013, 10:46:17 pm »

I haven't figured out how to get a religion yet,
Go to here.

glass equipment is all about DV, it usually has little or no PV, which means those special moves will hit hard(since it seems they can't miss so far).
If your protective armor can't take enough of the super attacks to save you, then is the protection worth more than the ability to get away when things are about to go bad?
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2780 on: June 02, 2013, 11:05:18 pm »

Go to here.

glass equipment is all about DV, it usually has little or no PV, which means those special moves will hit hard(since it seems they can't miss so far).
If your protective armor can't take enough of the super attacks to save you, then is the protection worth more than the ability to get away when things are about to go bad?

Thanks for the info on religion. Touche on the glass equipment. I'm giving melee another try with a goblin predator. be ready for those death messages from Ridiculous Enmity Grimkin :P

Edit: :S just noticed this combination made me start with no equipment whatsoever... going to be FUN.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2013, 11:09:19 pm by Ygdrad »

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2781 on: June 03, 2013, 12:07:21 am »

Go to here.

Thanks for the info on religion. Touche on the glass equipment. I'm giving melee another try with a goblin predator. be ready for those death messages from Ridiculous Enmity Grimkin :P

Edit: :S just noticed this combination made me start with no equipment whatsoever... going to be FUN.
You just got killed by a hungry demon right?
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2782 on: June 03, 2013, 12:24:42 am »

Yeah, but only because I was fighting 2 bats and a gunner. Unarmed combat seems to actually be decent so far, but my lack of protection isn't helping much.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2783 on: June 03, 2013, 12:34:22 am »

Just wait til you get the special actions, like the grenade punch. Takes stamina but... grenade punches.
Unarmed is the mightiest weapon in the end.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2784 on: June 03, 2013, 12:38:03 am »

I just found a deed of heirship. read it in my house, was told i could claim 3 items, went to the heir trunk, and it was empty. Does it only work if my character came from a  gene?
« Last Edit: June 03, 2013, 01:01:47 am by Ygdrad »

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #2785 on: June 03, 2013, 12:41:05 am »

I just found a deed of heirship. read it in my house, was told i could claim 3 items, went to the hair trunk, and it was empty. Does it only work if my character came from a  gene?
yes, its only useful for selling for money or for a gene character.
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2786 on: June 03, 2013, 12:49:20 am »

So has anyone dipped into the custom npc stuff? http://www.geocities.jp/kurororo4/looseleaf/ messed around with that it pretty good

What are the Crystal for btw are they just vendor trash? I have like 20 of them and can't find the info on the wiki about them.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2013, 03:33:39 am by Alkhemia »

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2787 on: June 03, 2013, 01:10:46 am »

Summoning/blue crystals are used in moongates to save any custom NPCs you find in there. Black crystals are just furniture.
e: more info on summoning crystals

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2788 on: June 03, 2013, 03:12:31 am »

Summoning/blue crystals are used in moongates to save any custom NPCs you find in there. Black crystals are just furniture.
e: more info on summoning crystals
I meant the earth/mana/sun ones

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2789 on: June 03, 2013, 05:16:18 am »

The notes on special attacks seem to be slightly out of date. There must be one more condition, possibly based on damage taken or being hit with a critical attack, that rapidly fills the gauge. This is, I think, why enemies end up hitting you with them so frequently. It seems often that an enemy will from 60% to full, hit me with one, then get hit by mine because it was filled to full after his special attack.

On an unrelated note, someone mentioned a while back a kind-of hax to get money involving destroying kitty banks you find through moongates. He mentioned specifically page 5-L, but when I visited that one, I encountered things. Terrible things. I think whoever owned it started armageddon before saving it. Is that the same one that was mentioned, or is it that (and this seems the more likely explanation) trying to find the same house based on position in the list isn't the best way to do it? I figure positions may change under certain conditions - such as if new houses are added to the list, or with changes in Elona version, or perhaps the list is populated randomly based on seed (though from what I've observed with multiple trips into moongates, the list seems consistent with a given character).
Pages: 1 ... 184 185 [186] 187 188 ... 291