Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 189 190 [191] 192 193 ... 291

Author Topic: Elona  (Read 569560 times)

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
Re: Elona
« Reply #2850 on: June 04, 2013, 05:17:31 pm »

I don't think debug characters show up in the log at all or at least I've never seen a debug character in the chat.
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Steele

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2851 on: June 04, 2013, 06:03:15 pm »

I play as "The Master Wolfe", though you probably won't see me dying too much at this point.
I did die a few times the other night while trying to kill Jure, though.
But ultimately I prevailed and there are now a couple of lovely Jure steaks for sale in my shop.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2852 on: June 04, 2013, 06:21:12 pm »

Ah, I'm "Scissor Happy Blaze" and "Fighting Animal Wardog".

Lukewarm

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps, if you ask nicely.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2853 on: June 04, 2013, 07:28:31 pm »

I'm fairly certain my fellow it "the bitch Travis". I die fairly often.

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
  • Overanalyzing and overthinking EVERYTHING.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2854 on: June 04, 2013, 08:37:24 pm »

Aside for flavor and weight constraints, is there any reason to use throwing weapons over a bow or gun? The ammo slot would give you one more piece of equipment to get bonuses from.

Edit: I still don't know which character I'll be using most, still testing things out to see what I find more fun.

Cheerless Loser Failtasia, Juere Gunner(lv7)
Ridiculous Enmity Grimkin, Goblin Predator(lv6)
Dark Magician Elise, Eles Wizard(lv8)
Dagger Bird Ellie, fairy thief(lv6)
« Last Edit: June 04, 2013, 08:50:29 pm by Ygdrad »
A yawn is a silent scream for coffee.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #2855 on: June 04, 2013, 08:38:05 pm »

Dawn Gundog Alway; You may have seen me in the death log a minute ago.

Turns out my level 101 Magic Missiles of 17d56 damage weren't enough for Act1 endboss. You really need speed & silence & slows in there. Though it did 4-shot the fallen angel. And 8-shot a big daddy.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2013, 09:08:41 pm by alway »

Markus

• Bay Watcher
  • [Alignment:Lawful Bacon]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2856 on: June 04, 2013, 09:27:23 pm »

Really quick question.

Can random town's people be caught in Monster Balls? I.E. The ones in shelters? For that matter, what about

-Rogue Bosses + Rogue Flunkies

-Merchants + Mercenaries

I don't read anything in particular addressing those characters on the wiki, and I've read the wiki almost twice as much as I played the game.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2857 on: June 04, 2013, 09:30:54 pm »

Really quick question.

Can random town's people be caught in Monster Balls? I.E. The ones in shelters? For that matter, what about

-Rogue Bosses + Rogue Flunkies

-Merchants + Mercenaries

I don't read anything in particular addressing those characters on the wiki, and I've read the wiki almost twice as much as I played the game.
anything that not in the void can be grab I think besides <name> stuff you need to use a astral light pen for them

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2858 on: June 04, 2013, 09:32:54 pm »

Well, IIRC, most types of throwing weapons have some special abilities in every single item. Grenades explode (obviously) panties do nerve damage (and possibly confuse? memory is hazy), shuriken... start bleeding? or do cutting damage? or crit frequently? I forget exactly. Pierce defense maybe?

On top of being lightweight, which  is a big bonus for some classes and races. (Claymores, fairies,)

I think you can still equip a bullet even without a gun for the bonuses if you really want to.

It's been a long time since I played, so don't crucify me if something is inaccurate.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2859 on: June 04, 2013, 09:36:31 pm »

I'm the Burning Destruction Anya atm but I'm doing pet arena so I not going to die for a bit.

Panties are mind dmg and most will raise your charisma.
Trying to find the <Shena's Panty> atm
« Last Edit: June 04, 2013, 09:52:46 pm by Alkhemia »

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2860 on: June 04, 2013, 10:02:46 pm »

It's nice in Elona+ that once you switch from Yacatect to someone else more usefull that you can still keep and use the Goose and Yacatect's gem stone to still get the monthly platinium coming.

It's actually the same in Elona... people used to go from one god to another, and finally staying at the best suited god for the rest of the game.

Just... take a very long walk after you switch. Unless it's a switch performed in the festival.

alexwazer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2861 on: June 04, 2013, 10:42:06 pm »

Well, IIRC, most types of throwing weapons have some special abilities in every single item. Grenades explode (obviously) panties do nerve damage (and possibly confuse? memory is hazy), shuriken... start bleeding? or do cutting damage? or crit frequently? I forget exactly. Pierce defense maybe?

Every time someone mention throwing, they forget the Kill Kill Piano. I never actually played a character long enough to able to do anything with it, but eventually... It does chaos damage, but that's nothing special compared to the mere fact it exists as a weapon.

Currently playing as Pleasant Oblivion Donryu, level 28 claymore. Haven,t died too much lately as I tend to play safely as much as possible. Died twice in the pyramid, forgot about Death Word or whatever it's called. Died 2 or 3 other times, not counting the few death in the arena... damn <Chaos Imp>. I have been mostly working on skills and stats so far, with a lot of random wandering thrown in for good measure, or as a way to avoid having to grind for platinum coins.

Sir Finkus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2862 on: June 05, 2013, 12:37:50 am »

Mine is "bugger sheep every day"

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
  • Overanalyzing and overthinking EVERYTHING.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2863 on: June 05, 2013, 05:24:13 am »

On top of being lightweight, which  is a big bonus for some classes and races. (Claymores, fairies,)

I think you can still equip a bullet even without a gun for the bonuses if you really want to.

It's been a long time since I played, so don't crucify me if something is inaccurate.

You can't equip ammo with throwing weapons, you get an error saying you have the wrong type of weapon for the ammo.

Edit: Does anyone know how/where you get tonfas? I want to test them with martial arts. Are there even any normal tonfas or are they only available as those artifacts found on crazy strong npc's?

Also, how do you level up your skills/stats/character with any degree of speed? It takes me a fairly long while to get to lv8 and the highest I get in a skill is like 14. I can't even imagine how long it would take me to reach lv150 to take on those crazy npc's. I'm probably doing something wrong, so let me know how you level up your stuff.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 06:19:48 am by Ygdrad »
A yawn is a silent scream for coffee.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2864 on: June 05, 2013, 06:24:21 am »

I know one of the Tonfas is available in Miral n' Giral's Workshop for a bunch of medals, but the rest appear to be artifacts as well.
Pages: 1 ... 189 190 [191] 192 193 ... 291