Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 190 191 [192] 193 194 ... 291

Author Topic: Elona  (Read 566465 times)

Ogdibus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Elona
« Reply #2865 on: June 05, 2013, 08:15:08 am »

« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 04:48:17 pm by Ogdibus »

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
  • Overanalyzing and overthinking EVERYTHING.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2866 on: June 05, 2013, 08:40:15 am »

I keep waking up with robbers surrounding me in the morning -_-

Anyone knows what's going on? as far as i know none of my gear is cursed.
A yawn is a silent scream for coffee.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2867 on: June 05, 2013, 08:43:33 am »

I think that is avoided by having a pet... they keep watch over you?
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2868 on: June 05, 2013, 09:02:04 am »

I think that is avoided by having a pet... they keep watch over you?

I've had a pet the entire time.

I've got some more questions. Do you think dual daggers is a viable weapon set? My thief is a fairy and the daggers I've found so far have 2d3-2d4 damage. That seems rather unimpressive compared to say a wakizashi with 4d3-4d4. Also, what's a good way to increase one's hp? My fairy is sitting on 228% evade, but spells and yellow gauge abilities tend to 1-shot it with no chance to evade. Having 22hp at lv7 kind of hurts, do fairies get an easier time later on?
« Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 09:55:33 am by Ygdrad »

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #2869 on: June 05, 2013, 10:01:58 am »

Travelling is awesome in Elona+ if you want to level up, cut hours of dungeon grinding.
Though leveling up too quickly can be a problem if you want to level up the skills quickly with high potential, so to compensate you'll need a lot of platinium to pay the trainers.

And so that's why taking Yacatect as a god early (only in Elona+) is a must, sacrifice tons of amulets and rings until you are given her pet then her gemstone, so you can get regularly (for the gemstone, as unfortunately the pet is bugged, at least on 1.19 that i play and does not give platinium most of the time it should have) platinium along grinding them with town random quests.
After obtaining the gemstone, just switch to any other god you prefer, you'll keep the gemstone and the pet.

About those robbers, is that the window popping up with the mention of damn thieves taking your money ? If so, there are items that have some robbery protection that make the thieves event failing to take any money from your.
If that's the ambush from the rogues with their leader looking like a pirate, apparently the more fame you have the more frequent they are.
A nice teleport to get out of view and avoid melee insta kill, with having a very good leveled magic arrow spell is good enough to get rid of them one by one.
The rogue boss is a nice source of items and cargo to sell to the merchant in the Inn that sell and buy only those cargo.

Magic Arrow is awesome with the improved spell skill advancement in Elona+ , while your wizard remains weak for melee you can deal amazing damage after having used (and so trained) this spell a lot.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 10:04:35 am by Robsoie »

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2870 on: June 05, 2013, 10:24:15 am »

Travelling is awesome in Elona+ if you want to level up, cut hours of dungeon grinding.
Though leveling up too quickly can be a problem if you want to level up the skills quickly with high potential, so to compensate you'll need a lot of platinium to pay the trainers.

And so that's why taking Yacatect as a god early (only in Elona+) is a must, sacrifice tons of amulets and rings until you are given her pet then her gemstone, so you can get regularly (for the gemstone, as unfortunately the pet is bugged, at least on 1.19 that i play and does not give platinium most of the time it should have) platinium along grinding them with town random quests.
After obtaining the gemstone, just switch to any other god you prefer, you'll keep the gemstone and the pet.

About those robbers, is that the window popping up with the mention of damn thieves taking your money ? If so, there are items that have some robbery protection that make the thieves event failing to take any money from your.
If that's the ambush from the rogues with their leader looking like a pirate, apparently the more fame you have the more frequent they are.
A nice teleport to get out of view and avoid melee insta kill, with having a very good leveled magic arrow spell is good enough to get rid of them one by one.
The rogue boss is a nice source of items and cargo to sell to the merchant in the Inn that sell and buy only those cargo.

Magic Arrow is awesome with the improved spell skill advancement in Elona+ , while your wizard remains weak for melee you can deal amazing damage after having used (and so trained) this spell a lot.

The robbers were actual enemies called "robber" I'd get up from my sleep and the bed was surrounded by them. One time I was even unable to teleport out supposedly because of some magic field or something. There wouldn't be any messages as far as I could tell. I'd just wake up surrounded.

Also, I haven't been using the trainer to train potential. What should I push potential up to on skills I want to increase? Also, should I be bringing potential up before I spend those skillpoints from level up?

Edit: -_- that time i was unable to teleport... that was an amulet i was wearing. I put it on because it said it was (great), so i thought nothing bad could come from it. I jsut finished detecting its quality... prevents teleportation.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 10:41:21 am by Ygdrad »

PrimusRibbus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2871 on: June 05, 2013, 11:05:34 am »

Edit: -_- that time i was unable to teleport... that was an amulet i was wearing. I put it on because it said it was (great), so i thought nothing bad could come from it. I jsut finished detecting its quality... prevents teleportation.

Preventing teleportation is not a bad attribute; in many cases it's very desirable. Being able to prevent teleport traps, teleport item curses, and teleport ether disease has saved me numerous times.
grammar is for essays and letters and second FREEDOM TO POST except obscene material
THE ONLY THING THAT'S GONNA GRIND IN THIS GAME IS YOUR ASS ON THE PAVEMENT

Sir Finkus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2872 on: June 05, 2013, 11:08:01 am »

I guess I don't really understand the mechanics of this game deeply, is there a good page that explains how weapon damage and leveling actually works?  I've checked the wiki and I couldn't find a place that boiled everything down for me.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2873 on: June 05, 2013, 11:14:45 am »

@Ygdrad, Yea, knowing is half the battle.

I've never ever been surrounded when I wake up from sleeping on a bed.  Always have my little girl or goose around.  So...  ?

@Fairy, currently playing a Claymore Fairy, with my cloth claymore of 'meh, I guess it works'.  Greater Evasion and Evasion is great friend.

You need some levels for the HP buffer.  Currently around level 15-ish and 30-ish Con, have 75-ish HP now.  It tends to be enough to take magic arrow spam from a room of Wizards of Elea and a few breaths from hounds. 
Have not been 1 shot by anything for awhile.  Though... a sheep or something did a super melee hit on me recently.  It was kinda close.
(Version 1.9)
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Drakale

• Bay Watcher
  • I will get my revenge~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2874 on: June 05, 2013, 11:46:41 am »

If you want to compare weapons, I strongly suggest you try out anydice.

Just type in the damage dices and the bonus to get a better idea of the damage spread.

Patchy

• Bay Watcher
  • Mukyu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2875 on: June 05, 2013, 12:12:54 pm »

I've had the robbers appear around me only when I took off all my gear to avoid curses, while sleeping. I'm guessing if you had a curse dream and had nothing equipped to curse, the game spawns the robbers. Just my limited experience with it, most times I just carry a small stack of blessed uncurse scrolls with me and uncurse stuff as needed. Really only annoys me now when the curse dream unblesses some gear.

As for my toon. She is a fairy claymore too. Amazing Blade Neirenn.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=83097.msg4264029#msg4264029

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #2876 on: June 05, 2013, 01:10:33 pm »

As a wizard it's a very good idea to not wear anything blocking teleport. Even going in a teleport trap is not a problem because you have teleport/short teleport spells to get away from nearly everything (assuming you have a good trained enough teleport spell so you don't fail casting often) that can (and will if you stay more than a turn or two) insta kill your squishy character.

Additionally, it's a great pet protection too, because assuming you leashed your pet (you always should use your leash on your pets) , if you notice one of them is going to be killed, teleport away and move, the leash will bring all of them back next to you instead of letting them stay and die.
Save a trip out of your current dungeon crawl back to an inn to resurrect that precious pet to go back dungeon exploring

It's really perfect for the rogue ambushes on the world map.

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2877 on: June 05, 2013, 01:20:59 pm »

I've had the robbers appear around me only when I took off all my gear to avoid curses, while sleeping. I'm guessing if you had a curse dream and had nothing equipped to curse, the game spawns the robbers. Just my limited experience with it, most times I just carry a small stack of blessed uncurse scrolls with me and uncurse stuff as needed. Really only annoys me now when the curse dream unblesses some gear.

As for my toon. She is a fairy claymore too. Amazing Blade Neirenn.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=83097.msg4264029#msg4264029

D: how do you get those crazy stats while being lv28?

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #2878 on: June 05, 2013, 01:37:30 pm »

Each 10 levels you can get an additional feat (and with some special item you can get one more) , it's then a very good idea to take "Exorcist" feat if don't have it, it protects you from those dreams that very badly curse/doom your items.
(But does nothing against the ones that gives you a bad mutation.)

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2879 on: June 05, 2013, 01:38:21 pm »

Well, I can assume that farming was involved.

Like literally. Doing farming quests seems to raise your strength, Con, and wil, alongside learning. Magic is gained though the use of magic, so thats not too weird (I have like 25 magic at level 2, so assuming that payments towards stat trainers are done stats can rise easily.)

Also by the looks of it Patchy has a metric load of equipment that raises stats, so thats possibly also part of it.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita
Pages: 1 ... 190 191 [192] 193 194 ... 291