Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 198 199 [200] 201 202 ... 291

Author Topic: Elona  (Read 566425 times)

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
  • Overanalyzing and overthinking EVERYTHING.
    • View Profile
Re: Elona
« Reply #2985 on: June 08, 2013, 04:00:32 pm »

The wiki says this for the Ehekatl of Luck ability: "Ehekatl school of magic (Passive: Randomize mana cost.)"

Does anyone know exactly what it does? Can it cause spells to cost more mana than usual?
A yawn is a silent scream for coffee.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2986 on: June 08, 2013, 04:18:57 pm »

It randomises the cost, so yes it can cost more or less mana.

I think that means it can also use more/less charge as well, although Im not sure on that front.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2987 on: June 08, 2013, 05:15:00 pm »

Aside from the puppy cave, are there other  random dungeons, and more importantly, are there any which have a boss and reward you every time you go through them? Are there any reliable way of resetting static dungeons early on to use them as a source of platinum?

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2988 on: June 08, 2013, 05:28:04 pm »

There are a bunch of sort-of random dungeons and they reset themselves every couple of game months. They're the fort/cave/dungeon/tower/forest things, see wiki

Not sure if those were what you were referring to in the first place, as opposed to actually-static dungeons like Tower of Fire that are part of the main quest.

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2989 on: June 08, 2013, 05:32:42 pm »

Yeah I meant those when I said static. I'm just trying to find a reliable source of bosses for the platinum, gold and chest so I have a proper combat-centric alternative to running between towns for improving my character.

Steele

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2990 on: June 08, 2013, 05:41:59 pm »

Aside from the puppy cave, are there other  random dungeons, and more importantly, are there any which have a boss and reward you every time you go through them? Are there any reliable way of resetting static dungeons early on to use them as a source of platinum?
There is a command that forces a map to reset, but it's considered cheating.
http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/Cheating#Resetting_a_town_or_level

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #2991 on: June 08, 2013, 06:09:00 pm »

Invest in the magic vendors. Then just check their shops as you run around the towns doin whatever it is you do. Good way to get various nice scrolls and potions.
This. Also keep in mind Lumiest has a vendor at the entrance of the mage guild and inside the mage guild. Invest in both for even more good stuff from Lumiest. Assuming of course you are in the mage guild.

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2992 on: June 08, 2013, 06:20:31 pm »

I don't really want to cheat though :(. I just want a sustainable method of gaining platinum through combat rather than running between towns, doing very little for hours. Are jobs from towns really the only reliable source of platinum?

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #2993 on: June 08, 2013, 06:39:07 pm »

I don't really want to cheat though :(. I just want a sustainable method of gaining platinum through combat rather than running between towns, doing very little for hours. Are jobs from towns really the only reliable source of platinum?
In E+ at high levels, I've actually sort of stopped caring much about plats. It sounds blasphemous and counter to everything you're told about leveling... but they're too much of a hassle for me to bother. I still get them, but only the 2-4 or so from dungeons. As a result, I don't get to train my skills much from the trainers. And yet my potentials are all higher than they've ever been.

The secret is Big Daddies. When you hit high enough levels to take these down, you can reliably use them to keep all your skill potentials up. Eating a little sister gives something like +5-10% potential to all skills. Every few dungeons has one, and since I'm relying on dungeons for just about all my loot these days, it's actually really effective. And a hell of a lot less boring, shitty, and grindy than running the same quests designed for level 5 players over and over again. Of course keep in mind that this is very much a giant trade-off, as you're effectively giving up the ability to ever do little sister quests, which themselves have not-insignificant rewards: http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/Little_sister

Because yeah, getting plats is boring, shitty, and grindy. And you have to do a lot of it early on, sad to say. People have mentioned Yacatect stuff, but really, that's just a drop in the bucket compared to the big numbers of them you need.

However, there is something I noticed; not sure whether it is tied to fame or level, as I started noticing it when I sopped caring about keeping my fame down. Later on, quests start giving 1-3 plats, rather than just 1. So it gets slightly better, but not by much.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2013, 06:45:08 pm by alway »

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2994 on: June 08, 2013, 06:51:40 pm »

Ah, a warning about eating little sisters. Each one that dies (Even if you didn't kill her) will reduce the chance of another Big Daddy appearing.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #2995 on: June 08, 2013, 06:57:07 pm »

Aw. :(

Markus

• Bay Watcher
  • [Alignment:Lawful Bacon]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2996 on: June 08, 2013, 07:02:40 pm »

So, besides Eyth, which deity is nicest to the player-not stat wise, I mean personality wise. Mani's pretty fair, but does complain about your fleshy bits every once in a while. Jure. . . is obviously not helping you or anything, right?

Admittedly, I don't see why I'd drop Eyth. He's a cool guy who doesn't afraid of anything, like getting his altars aligned to one of the more famous gods. And he doesn't spam your chatbox when you have equipment which "Receives signals."

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2997 on: June 08, 2013, 07:03:47 pm »

wonder if doing the quest for happy apples is worthwhile. luck is so intangible

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2998 on: June 08, 2013, 07:06:30 pm »

Does anyone know what the "a mine" item does? The wiki is no help on this one. I found an NPC selling them them for 300k-400k at the festival of Jure. I'm pretty sure I saw them sold by some other npc before too.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2999 on: June 08, 2013, 07:30:28 pm »

Ah, those are landmines. Using one drops an invisible landmine on the tile you're standing on.

It should be obvious what happens next.

So, besides Eyth, which deity is nicest to the player-not stat wise, I mean personality wise. Mani's pretty fair, but does complain about your fleshy bits every once in a while. Jure. . . is obviously not helping you or anything, right?
Eh... I'd have to go with Yacatect, a mite too energetic though.

Kumiromi is nice, but rather distant.

Itzpalt is nice, but in more of a mentor-type attitude.

Ehekatl really cares about you... maybe? She seems to have more than a few screws loose.

Opatos is BWAHAHAHAHAHA

Lulwy seems to be into master/servant relationships.

wonder if doing the quest for happy apples is worthwhile. luck is so intangible
You can buy happy apples/hero cheese/magic fruit using music tickets from performance quests once you can access South Tyris.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2013, 07:37:26 pm by Blaze »
Pages: 1 ... 198 199 [200] 201 202 ... 291