Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 199 200 [201] 202 203 ... 291

Author Topic: Elona  (Read 569375 times)

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
  • Overanalyzing and overthinking EVERYTHING.
    • View Profile
Re: Elona
« Reply #3000 on: June 08, 2013, 07:36:48 pm »

I ran into this while looking through the wiki. Explains a bunch of stuff and give you the story which was taken out in the english version.

http://elona.squares.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5025
A yawn is a silent scream for coffee.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #3001 on: June 08, 2013, 07:37:56 pm »

So, at this year's annual crashing of the Jure festival in Noyel, the recipe for one of these dropped: http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/Philosopher%27s_stone_mask
The recipe must be bought from a souvenir vendor, and costs 1,500,000 gold before negotiation price reduction.
Frugal shoppers with high fire resistance everywhere agree: The best way to get a great deal this holiday is to release fire giants to burn the town to the ground.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2013, 08:06:51 pm by alway »

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3002 on: June 08, 2013, 08:46:19 pm »

Just got my first wish. My pet drank from a well. I was walking around and the text entry thing popped up. I thought i had opened the chat by mistake and pressed escape and it wouldn't close. I was about to see if typing something random would make it go away when I noticed the chat and figured out it was a wish.

What to wish for...

Markus

• Bay Watcher
  • [Alignment:Lawful Bacon]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3003 on: June 08, 2013, 08:53:18 pm »

Just got my first wish. My pet drank from a well. I was walking around and the text entry thing popped up. I thought i had opened the chat by mistake and pressed escape and it wouldn't close. I was about to see if typing something random would make it go away when I noticed the chat and figured out it was a wish.

What to wish for...
Lots. Lots and lots to chose from, and lots of ways to waste it. Additionally, the result of the wish is at least partially dependent on your level. I leave it up to you whether to wait or to use it now, as both have their advantages. The wiki has some good info on it, but don't just jump at the next big artifact. . .

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3004 on: June 08, 2013, 08:59:01 pm »

What to wish for...
Lots. Lots and lots to chose from, and lots of ways to waste it. Additionally, the result of the wish is at least partially dependent on your level. I leave it up to you whether to wait or to use it now, as both have their advantages. The wiki has some good info on it, but don't just jump at the next big artifact. . .

Wait... I can hold on to the wish for later o.O?

I just don't know what to wish for, or what i can and can't wish for though. The wiki doesn't give a complete list of all wishes(I'm sure that would be too big to list). Any suggestions for a low-level dual-wielding fairy thief?
« Last Edit: June 08, 2013, 09:13:23 pm by Ygdrad »

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3005 on: June 08, 2013, 09:14:13 pm »

No, the only way wishes can be "held" is via rods of wish and the Wish spell (Good luck casting that).

I suppose Holy well charges can be "held" as well. They aren't guaranteed wishes but they have a much higher chance of granting a wish.

The general consensus is getting seven league boots first. A happy bed is a good wish at it means better dreams, but more importantly, fewer bad dreams. I generally go for "evolution" for potions of evolution after that.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #3006 on: June 08, 2013, 09:24:35 pm »

Yeah, my first 3 were evolution potions. Those will give you a really nice semi-permanent early stat boost. The boots are good; though I had another pair that boost travel already, so they were somewhat less-good for me.

Farce

• Bay Watcher
  • muttermutterbabble
    • View Profile
« Reply #3007 on: June 08, 2013, 09:50:04 pm »

Can I download the old music somewhere?  I don't like the new stuff Elona+ has.  :x

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3008 on: June 08, 2013, 09:58:23 pm »

Can I download the old music somewhere?  I don't like the new stuff Elona+ has.  :x

Can't you just download the vanilla Elona, transfer the sounds from the "sound" folder, and then replace(but preferably edit) user\music\musiclist.txt ?

Well,that's what you have to do anyways no matter what.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2013, 10:37:46 pm by Ygdrad »

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3009 on: June 09, 2013, 06:23:53 am »

Anyone know how high gardening skill one needs for the different seeds? especially herbs

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3010 on: June 09, 2013, 06:37:38 am »

Hey, Alway, how do you handle food for your "ether festival"? 12 days is a lot of food to have on hand at regular turn speed.

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3011 on: June 09, 2013, 06:45:09 am »

Stuff your fridge full of veggies, fish or fruit. I only have one farm and i can't even use all the veggies.

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3012 on: June 09, 2013, 06:47:26 am »

Stuff your fridge full of veggies, fish or fruit. I only have one farm and i can't even use all the veggies.

o.O I can only put a handful of things in the fridge before it complains it's full. How are you fitting 12 days' worth of food in there?

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3013 on: June 09, 2013, 06:59:34 am »

15 stacks is the limit, so as long as you just put the same kind of food in, it can fit a lot

Patchy

• Bay Watcher
  • Mukyu
    • View Profile
« Reply #3014 on: June 09, 2013, 08:04:20 am »

There are also food cargos and any type of food item made from flour. You can carry those on hand without wasting space in your cooler or fridge. You can also put fruit trees in your home if you're strong enough to pickpocket them. You can get a fruit tree from a farm deed but that is a bit expensive.
Pages: 1 ... 199 200 [201] 202 203 ... 291