Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 203 204 [205] 206 207 ... 291

Author Topic: Elona  (Read 569441 times)

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
  • Overanalyzing and overthinking EVERYTHING.
    • View Profile
Re: Elona
« Reply #3060 on: June 11, 2013, 04:34:37 pm »

This one is conjecture, but the pet do not have to lose round for movements and merely do an attack on adjacent enemies every time it's speed cooldown is up.

This is a bonus for the pet then. One could boost the performance of a pet by giving it free movement turns. Will have to try and play around with that.
A yawn is a silent scream for coffee.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #3061 on: June 11, 2013, 04:38:31 pm »

I was surprised to find a "catsister diary" while clearing a dungeon (as they're supposed to be extremely rare apparently) so i decided to give a look at that "cat sister" ally in my personnal army.
And noticed that the catsister in fact was rather bad, being only level 1 and melee only while i'm at a rather advanced stage of the act1, meaning then "cat sister" is doomed to die repeatedly from the strong enemies i find now.

I gave a look to the wiki to check if i wasn't missing something and noticed :
Elona+ also gives you the ability to give pets new abilities and change AI routines, which may be necessary for making use of the cat sister's abilities, especially considering her routine is melee.

So that could be the solution, giving her ranged weapon so the character is not wasting its time meleeing everything that is more powerfull.

Then my question is ... how do you change the AI to ranged instead of melee for that character ?

The only skill i have that seems to have an impact on the AI is "Directive".
But when i give the AI the "Directive" :
- Onslaught -> it's default AI apparently, the cat sister rushes to attack anything in melee even if i gave her only a rifle and a bullet, it never use the rifle
- Defense -> the AI does not attack anything at melee, that's good ... but it does not attack anything at range too, never use the rifle that's extremely bad then
- Intercept -> the cat sister still does not use her rifle and bullet at all and insist in rushing to any monster she can.

So is the wiki just plain wrong on that "ai routine" case or is there another way to do that and that i missed ?

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #3062 on: June 11, 2013, 04:47:44 pm »

I was surprised to find a "catsister diary" while clearing a dungeon (as they're supposed to be extremely rare apparently) so i decided to give a look at that "cat sister" ally in my personnal army.
And noticed that the catsister in fact was rather bad, being only level 1 and melee only while i'm at a rather advanced stage of the act1, meaning then "cat sister" is doomed to die repeatedly from the strong enemies i find now.

I gave a look to the wiki to check if i wasn't missing something and noticed :
Elona+ also gives you the ability to give pets new abilities and change AI routines, which may be necessary for making use of the cat sister's abilities, especially considering her routine is melee.

So that could be the solution, giving her ranged weapon so the character is not wasting its time meleeing everything that is more powerfull.

Then my question is ... how do you change the AI to ranged instead of melee for that character ?

The only skill i have that seems to have an impact on the AI is "Directive".
But when i give the AI the "Directive" :
- Onslaught -> it's default AI apparently, the cat sister rushes to attack anything in melee even if i gave her only a rifle and a bullet, it never use the rifle
- Defense -> the AI does not attack anything at melee, that's good ... but it does not attack anything at range too, never use the rifle that's extremely bad then
- Intercept -> the cat sister still does not use her rifle and bullet at all and insist in rushing to any monster she can.

So is the wiki just plain wrong on that "ai routine" case or is there another way to do that and that i missed ?
Once you beat Act One you can talk to a guy that let's you spend AP on new abilities pet also get AP and you can spend it to change their AI
the npc is the guy right outside of the cyberdome.
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #3063 on: June 11, 2013, 04:54:16 pm »

Thank you, i didn't knew that.
A reason finally to complete that act1 instead of clearing those lv30 random dungeons popping around.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3064 on: June 11, 2013, 05:24:26 pm »

If the level of a pet is a problem, using Gene Engineer with a higher level pet will increase the lower pet's level. With the Slave Master, it's not that expensive either.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3065 on: June 11, 2013, 05:29:11 pm »

What happens if I use a speed buff like Lulwy's Trick when riding a pet?

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #3066 on: June 11, 2013, 05:30:41 pm »

Thanks for reminding me, i have not yet dealt with gene engineering (though i obtained the gene machine from the early quest), maybe a good opportunity to try if i can improve those level 1 pet i left in the "doujou" hoping that at least their potential/skill train while i'm busy

Patchy

• Bay Watcher
  • Mukyu
    • View Profile
« Reply #3067 on: June 11, 2013, 09:16:22 pm »

If you can gene engineer traveling into your catsister, leaving her on defense will be fine. Just let her travel with you and she should catch up well enough after awhile.

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3068 on: June 11, 2013, 09:42:58 pm »

Could it be possible to give a pet more speed through gene engineering to make better mounts for riding?

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3069 on: June 11, 2013, 09:48:53 pm »

Gene engineering never directly changes stats; it *can* increase level, which by proxy changes stats.

AFAIK, you can raise your pet's speed by:
Potions of Speed Upper/Hermes Blood
Spending AP.
Having them eat quickling corpses.
Giving them Traveling/Swimming which train speed as their increase.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #3070 on: June 11, 2013, 10:01:00 pm »

Thanks the tips about the minions improvements

In other news, looks like i have been lucky, i noticed a level 10+ "Hunting" mission (didn't thought they could be so high difficulty level, maybe that's because i decided to try to get as much fame as possible to unlock those 2 high fame dependant missions) that spawned some hard monsters (good that my army of minions is not bad at all and my magic dart is extremely powerfull) and in the middle of them an unique "Isca the Fallen Angel"

She was rather strong, but we managed to defeat her, and she asked me to join, that i accepted.
That's the 2nd "unique" character that spawn in a hard "Hunting" mission i do and ask me to join on defeat.
The 1st one was "Goda the captain of orc" that while less strong than Isca has some rather nice stats

Here a group photo of my current army with the Goose (servant from Yacatect of Wealth) and the Exile (servants from Itzpalt of Element) :

The 3 bells have done a great job for the whole duration of the adventure so far (they have good artefacts machineguns and bullets) Exile did some good damage dealing job but he's a bit squishy unfortunately for him but hopefully i'll get him stronger once i get the gene engineering thing working.
the original ally i got, the "little girl", is very resilient, usually the last of my troopers to survive when there's a lot of damage coming their way.

I'll have to train Silence a lot now if i want to take on that Zeome guy though, moregrinding to do.

« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 10:02:51 pm by Robsoie »

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3071 on: June 11, 2013, 10:15:12 pm »

According to the wiki,
Shield bash: "When equipped with a shield, your character will occasionally bash the target with their shield."

Does anyone know what causes shield bash to happen? Is it on getting attacked? Is it when you attack, and if so does it matter what kind of attack you made as long as it is in melee range? This one is kind of a pain to test since the chance to bash will be 1-6% on a character with low shield skill.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3072 on: June 11, 2013, 10:22:02 pm »

It's a melee attack, but it's been changed to a special super attack. Don't know if it takes precedence over your other weapon's special attack.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #3073 on: June 11, 2013, 10:38:35 pm »

Giving Travelling to a pet will be harder than i thought, as apparently none of the slaves available from Derphy has Travelling from what i looked on the wiki.

Only a few monsters seem to have it, the easiest ones that have Travelling (putit, sheep, frog etc...) are unfortunately 1 hit killed by my character even when not wielding weapons, so i can't use any of those capture balls like i did on those crabs to get the gene machine.

And stronger monsters with Travelling that then could be captured without finding those extremely rare domination spell/rods are simply more powerfull than the cat sister so it would be a complete waste to use them for her.

I wish i didn't found that ally that late in the game, so capturing the low level monsters with Travelling ability would have been still possible, i guess once i get a new good one, it's goodbye to the cat sister.

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #3074 on: June 11, 2013, 10:45:42 pm »

Those small fire dragons you see roaming around that are neutral tend to have very high hp so should be able to survive your attacks and they have traveling, what you can do is get one then put it in a ranch to give travel to others.
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."
Pages: 1 ... 203 204 [205] 206 207 ... 291