Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 205 206 [207] 208 209 ... 291

Author Topic: Elona  (Read 569311 times)

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Elona
« Reply #3090 on: June 12, 2013, 02:46:21 pm »

Did something glitch with the "art of 'skill'" books? I spent a storm indoors reading and noticed that i didn't get anything in the skill
Huh, come to think of it... I did notice that they've done nothing when I checked...  that was in 1.9
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #3091 on: June 12, 2013, 02:57:47 pm »

Did something glitch with the "art of 'skill'" books? I spent a storm indoors reading and noticed that i didn't get anything in the skill
Huh, come to think of it... I did notice that they've done nothing when I checked...  that was in 1.9
Yeah same they might be busted or something in 1.20 same as the workout bike seems to only  pass time.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 03:04:19 pm by Alkhemia »
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #3092 on: June 12, 2013, 03:19:05 pm »

Elona+ 1.21
I have a shelter i installed in the home cave and i left an Anatomy book on the floor. To test i went in and read it

Before
Anatomy : 28.486 (63%)

After reading
Anatomy : 28.489 (63%)

Looks like it works but only with extremely small gain (unless it's because i have only 63% potential for it, i can't say as i don't have another book for a skill i have high potential)

PrimusRibbus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3093 on: June 12, 2013, 03:28:46 pm »

Skill books have worked for me in all the recent versions of Elona+ (although I will double check it later and make sure), but they have always given a TINY amount of exp.
grammar is for essays and letters and second FREEDOM TO POST except obscene material
THE ONLY THING THAT'S GONNA GRIND IN THIS GAME IS YOUR ASS ON THE PAVEMENT

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3094 on: June 12, 2013, 03:35:20 pm »

I was reading Magic Capacity at 14.826(143%) and It didn't move at all even though i read multiple times.
When I noticed I went and tried evasion and faith books to see if it was just the MC book but that didn't work either.

Anyway, a question that got lost in the past; Anyone know when/where or how much I'll have to invest to start get scrolls of feather & Growth?
And I'll just throw it out there, but with the spell level changes a mage is quite good now. My Magic Arrow is now level 97 and does 16d54.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #3095 on: June 12, 2013, 03:44:55 pm »

Anyway, a question that got lost in the past; Anyone know when/where or how much I'll have to invest to start get scrolls of feather & Growth?
I've seen maybe 1 of each, if that, and I've got 3 magic shops I regularly visit up to level 100+. So yeah, the answer to that is 'a lot,' if by start to get them you mean making them relatively common.

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #3096 on: June 12, 2013, 03:47:25 pm »

The amount gained gets reduces quite a bit the higher the skill is

But anyways, the recieve materials from pets happens when you talk with them and is a limit of once per day...not sure what other requirements but it was something recently added to elona+ so I guess all the skills are going to be made to be useful on pets.
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #3097 on: June 12, 2013, 03:57:10 pm »

The amount gained gets reduces quite a bit the higher the skill is

But anyways, the recieve materials from pets happens when you talk with them and is a limit of once per day...not sure what other requirements but it was something recently added to elona+ so I guess all the skills are going to be made to be useful on pets.
Pets will use Fishing, Detection, Gardening, Mining, and Gene Engineer to gather items while in dungeons. "i"nteract and talk with them to receive the items.
from the change log from Blaze's post
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #3098 on: June 12, 2013, 04:03:46 pm »

from the change log from Blaze's post
Thanks for that, I didn't notice this change and actually enjoy it as now

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #3099 on: June 12, 2013, 06:57:26 pm »

Uh oh.
After doing some experiments with the gene machine in Derphy with the slaves (needed 3 little girls to be able to give the Travelling skill to the catsister) and gave the marksman skill to my bells (just a punk slave is enough) i went adventuring and clearing dungeons.

After a while, as my gene engineering reached higher levels , enough probably for the too high level before bell to receive the marksman skill, i went back home and ... remembered that i left the machine in Derphy.

Rushed there, worrying about the "cleaning" that regularly remove items/corspes and damn it, too late no more gene machine.

I guess i'll have to hope it appears in the item reward list from the Cyberdome little sister quest or grind and grind and regrind dungeons hoping to see one spawning.

Never, ever leave an important item in a town, i knew that but just forgot this for a few minutes.
At least in derphy i guess it fits the city background with the thieves everywhere.
Maybe nuking it as a revenge would be in the spirit of the game too :D

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3100 on: June 12, 2013, 06:58:25 pm »

I just keep the machine in my pocket when I want to use it. It IS pretty heavy, though.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #3101 on: June 12, 2013, 07:14:12 pm »

Ha! good idea i had to not select a reward immediately from that cyberdome quest but wait, as new precious items previously found can then appear each new days, after waiting 2 days after losing my gene machine, what do i find :

A gene machine is now listed in the reward list !

Though, i will have to get more little sisters from the big daddies to be able to access again that reward after that, as i have done this quest a few times already (and each new time you need to free even more little sisters than before to get the reward again)
« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 07:16:13 pm by Robsoie »

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #3102 on: June 12, 2013, 07:58:57 pm »

So aparantly in south tyris the person who you talk with on the main quest can "grow" you new body parts in exchange for losing life(the multiplier for hp) unfortunately its also untranslated...but the dialog options go as follows:
first option is the one for mutations
second is the mission briefing
third is history?
forth is leave conversation

after the first option:
first one is mutations for pets
second one is for yourself
third is go back

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3103 on: June 12, 2013, 08:31:25 pm »

Out of curiosity, how good is the parser for wishes? Can you, say, wish for spellbooks of certain types? Rods? And so on? The wishing page seems somewhat limited on stuff that I'd be interested in, so I'm wondering how much more flexibility I have for wishes besides those listed. And I'd rather not test my limited wishes on it.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3104 on: June 12, 2013, 08:44:09 pm »

The parser can, in theory, get you anything. It can also give you something completely different, depending on how specific you get.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.
Pages: 1 ... 205 206 [207] 208 209 ... 291