Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 208 209 [210] 211 212 ... 291

Author Topic: Elona  (Read 566454 times)

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
Re: Elona
« Reply #3135 on: June 14, 2013, 01:23:46 am »

well...its a bit hard to just throw it in a corner and I honestly didn't expect a spider boss to go eat it...not when i had 10 other food items...regardless it worked out just fine as the extra mobs didn't really do much besides give even more dungeon level based loot
which makes me wonder...maybe all those god weapons are actually useful as non-stop ragnarok would give you a near endless amount of loot
« Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 01:32:22 am by etgfrog »
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #3136 on: June 14, 2013, 01:48:33 am »

Before going to the south, i played a level 17 Hunting mission, very rewarding in term of money (but only 2 platinium on this one) but ouch, i lost all my minions and managed to survive with only a few health left.

Usually the monsters are tough in high level hunting missions, but on this one i decided to do, it spawned some really high level ones i have never seen yet in my dungeon crawling so far :

A Great Race of Yith that looked more scary than it actually was, as we killed it quickly.

A Meshera (not sure what variant of this the monster was as the font was buggy for the greek letter next to it) , he was rather resistant but we killed him without loss on my side as we were able to face him alone on a corner of the mission map.

A Xeren Electric Tank, this one was really though with very powerfull ranged attack that killed 2 of my allies before we finally killed it.

But the real monster was a "Big sister", she was -extremely- resistant (nearly felt like Zeome fortunately she wasn't healing like crazy but her health was going down so slowly) to everything and by herself she did the most of my troops killing before i finally managed to stop her with a large portion of my health down.

At my fame level, i have noticed i unlocked the Panic missions in town, they're rather fun and can be more or less difficult depending on what is the monster type invading the town map.

Not yet high fame enough for unlocking the Challenge missions.
Hopefully will happen during my southern adventures.

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
  • Overanalyzing and overthinking EVERYTHING.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3137 on: June 14, 2013, 02:58:29 am »

Is magic an absolute requirement? Can you manage to play the game as a normal melee or ranged fighter? Also, do pet spells level up to the same ridiculous power level player ones do?

Also, the Drain Blood page says it isn't good due to high enemy nether resistance. Does the player's nether resistance boost its damage the same way it does spells? I can imagine wearing bone armor to make vampirism work.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 03:06:07 am by Ygdrad »
A yawn is a silent scream for coffee.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3138 on: June 14, 2013, 04:24:35 am »

My character has only recently started spamming Magic Arrow and such, yet he has been doing just fine so far, even though he's a warmage. His main damage is still his bow and claymore.

So, I say at least for now, at level 28, having magic is not needed.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3139 on: June 14, 2013, 04:30:52 am »

I've been gathering provisions for the etherwind week. For some reason, the edible plants I gathered and put in my freezer aren't stacking properly. I currently have 5 stacks and seeing as there should only be 3 variants(normal, cursed, blessed) I don't know why they won't stack properly. Anyone know why? Could it be because some of them are older?

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #3140 on: June 14, 2013, 04:43:10 am »

Before going to the south, i played a level 17 Hunting mission, very rewarding in term of money (but only 2 platinium on this one) but ouch, i lost all my minions and managed to survive with only a few health left.

Usually the monsters are tough in high level hunting missions, but on this one i decided to do, it spawned some really high level ones i have never seen yet in my dungeon crawling so far :

A Meshera (not sure what variant of this the monster was as the font was buggy for the greek letter next to it) , he was rather resistant but we killed him without loss on my side as we were able to face him alone on a corner of the mission map.

It was most likely Meshera β since all but the Big Sister are lvl 80

Also here more info about the AP guy http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/Black_gauntlet_Leold he can teach your pet some really nice stuff.
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3141 on: June 14, 2013, 05:02:57 am »

I decided to try the drain blood spell. Even if you dismiss its damage and healing, it's a pretty useful ability. It seems to cost nothing and returns a fair amount of stamina. You can regain stamina much faster by using drain blood on a target than by resting, making it useful for when you're training skills in your home or wherever you might have a sandbagged enemy at hand or a source of monsters.

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3142 on: June 14, 2013, 05:29:03 am »

I've been gathering provisions for the etherwind week. For some reason, the edible plants I gathered and put in my freezer aren't stacking properly. I currently have 5 stacks and seeing as there should only be 3 variants(normal, cursed, blessed) I don't know why they won't stack properly. Anyone know why? Could it be because some of them are older?
I forget which wild plant rots, but yes, I would assume that the extras has decayed slightly.
It's even worse with grown plants because they get quality modifiers too, so they rarely stacks.

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3143 on: June 14, 2013, 05:37:24 am »

If one isn't planning to savescum, is it safe to drink from wells repeatedly to try to get a wish?

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3144 on: June 14, 2013, 05:43:30 am »

If one isn't planning to savescum, is it safe to drink from wells repeatedly to try to get a wish?
If you got protection against mutations and can kill any mobs that might appear.
The holy well in noyel has a higher chance.

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3145 on: June 14, 2013, 05:52:40 am »

Protection from aliens too, or have some kind of aciding potion you can drink (potions of dye and I'm sure there are a few others but I can't remember them).

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3146 on: June 14, 2013, 06:45:08 am »

Are there requirements to be met before you can find/buy/inferior material bone equipment? Can't find any in stores and inferior meterial scrolls aren't getting me bone either(wiki says it's an inferior material).

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3147 on: June 14, 2013, 07:01:39 am »

Curious why you want it. Maybe you've had bad luck with the scrolls? Or did you only look for 'bone' and not the second prefix, immortal?
Remember that there's good inferior and bad inferior, Maybe bone is good and you might have a higher chance when using blessed scrolls.

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3148 on: June 14, 2013, 07:19:19 am »

Curious why you want it. Maybe you've had bad luck with the scrolls? Or did you only look for 'bone' and not the second prefix, immortal?
Remember that there's good inferior and bad inferior, Maybe bone is good and you might have a higher chance when using blessed scrolls.

I want it for !!SCIENCE!!. Bone equipment has nether resistance and I want to test if it boosts the damage of the Blood Drain ability/feat, which deals nether damage, the same way resistances boost spell damage.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #3149 on: June 14, 2013, 08:05:22 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I added your changelog to the wiki http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/Changelog_(Elona%2B)#1.21
what the point of the city chart? The wiki got nothing.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 01:27:15 pm by Alkhemia »
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)
Pages: 1 ... 208 209 [210] 211 212 ... 291