Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 220 221 [222] 223 224 ... 291

Author Topic: Elona  (Read 569459 times)

guessingo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Elona
« Reply #3315 on: June 21, 2013, 11:04:35 am »

the elona+ wiki does not appear to be in english? any english locations with details of the changes?

this link was from the elona wiki.

http://wikiwiki.jp/elonaplus/?FrontPage

PrimusRibbus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3316 on: June 21, 2013, 11:06:15 am »

I looked at this. This is not a rogue like right? or is it? Its just a very hard RPG.

It is a roguelike with heavy JRPG influences. It is in no way a roguelike purist, but it is absolutely a roguelike.

I saw an elona+ mod or something like that. should I play staight elona first? Sometimes these mods just make the game harder and you need to play the regular games first. I am in the ADOM 1.2 beta so I know about hard rogue likes (though I really do suck at these games).

No, go right to Elona+. Elona base development stopped ages ago, and the vast majority the community considers Elona+ to be the unofficial official continuation of the game's development.

If you're familiar with the roguelike Cataclysm: Elona+ is to Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead as Elona is to Whales' Cataclysm.

This game looks like it has not been enhanced in a while so its basically static right? Just asking before I go spend hours on it and die a million times. I went to the forums and it does not appear to be real active.

Elona+ is frequently and actively updated. They have added two more acts to the game, wonderful balancing changes that make many more builds viable, and a number of great additions (pet evolution, a new God that goes a long way to balance out early game grind, etc).
grammar is for essays and letters and second FREEDOM TO POST except obscene material
THE ONLY THING THAT'S GONNA GRIND IN THIS GAME IS YOUR ASS ON THE PAVEMENT

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #3317 on: June 21, 2013, 11:08:24 am »

It's odd there's no warning message like the burden one that transform into burden! then overweight when it comes to the inventory, if my cart is overworked.

How can i know how much of that "hidden" burden the cart can play on my character speed so i can know what's safe to travel with and what's not ?
As in the X (examine) items all i can see is the cargo (food or other kind) weight, i don't see any hint at how much they actually weight on my character speed

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
  • Overanalyzing and overthinking EVERYTHING.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3318 on: June 21, 2013, 11:18:33 am »

What are some good buff spells to aim for?
A yawn is a silent scream for coffee.

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3319 on: June 21, 2013, 11:24:39 am »

What are some good buff spells to aim for?
Not many around so it depends on what you need. Feather & shield for dv/pv, resistance for... resistances. Hero if you want dex&str. Speed is a no brainer.
Most of these you'll want to level a bit though, to get the duration up, and you'll also increase the buffed value.

The values at the levels I got them:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 21, 2013, 11:29:54 am by Ivefan »

hachnslay

• Bay Watcher
  • 09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3320 on: June 21, 2013, 11:28:44 am »

there are some big balancing changes, too. i like them - otherwise i wouldn't have beat this guy for another 50 hours

How can i know how much of that "hidden" burden the cart can play on my character speed so i can know what's safe to travel with and what's not ?
As in the X (examine) items all i can see is the cargo (food or other kind) weight, i don't see any hint at how much they actually weight on my character speed
the Cargo cart can initially hold 80 cargo. if you look at the [X]amine menu the bottom right number is how much you are carrying.
You can upgrade the cargo cart at the dwarven workshop.
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master
--Alpha Centauri ,Pravin Lal

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #3321 on: June 21, 2013, 11:30:27 am »

It's odd there's no warning message like the burden one that transform into burden! then overweight when it comes to the inventory, if my cart is overworked.

http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/Cart or
Your cart is used to hold any item marked as cargo, such as cargos of traveler's food or any item bought off a trader NPC. Cargo items (apart from food) may be sold in other towns for a profit (or a loss). If you happen to run into rogues and choose to hand over what they ask, you will lose all your cargo (carry a rod of teleportation!).
Items in your cart do not count towards your personal weight limit, but your cart does have its own weight limit and your travel speed will decrease when it is exceeded. This limit can be increased by visiting Miral and Garok and paying small medals to increase your cart size. The cost of the upgrade is initially one medal, and then increases by one for every subsequent upgrade.

In Elona+ if your cargo weight goes over your cart's limit, then you won't be able to return; this limitation is not present in regular Elona. Further, upgrading your cart's limit costs multiples of 10 platinum coins (i.e., 10 for the first upgrade, 20 for the second upgrade, etc)
« Last Edit: June 21, 2013, 11:33:09 am by Alkhemia »
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #3322 on: June 21, 2013, 11:52:22 am »

Ah thanks, that would explain in one of my dungeon crawling why the Return spell didn't brought me back home despite i was only at "burden" i was puzzled at the time, i must have been over the actual cart limit.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3323 on: June 21, 2013, 12:32:06 pm »

I vaguely remember someone asking for the music pack for the regular version of Elona, but can't remember who or when. Here it is anyway.

Somewhat related, since that music pack was made with only the vanilla Elona areas implemented, the music for the new areas (all of South Tyris) isn't listed in the musiclist.txt, making everything silent and boring. This also has the side effect of making all music discs with numbers higher than ~30-40 play... silence.

I propose we start compiling some more music to make our own Elona+ music pack (sort of), so that South Tyris is less dreary and quiet.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3324 on: June 21, 2013, 01:57:06 pm »

Is there only one ether wind per month? If it only last a short time but I'm still in the etherwind window, can I get a second ether wind in the same month?

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3325 on: June 21, 2013, 02:05:45 pm »

"Etherwind can only occur during days of very certain time periods - during the first ten days of any month that is a multiple of 3 (3, 6, 9, 12)."
And when it starts it runs for a few days and then its over until the next quarter month

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3326 on: June 21, 2013, 02:34:51 pm »

I decided to do nothing but mine during the last etherwind, I made good use of blessed cooked meals and most of the etherwind was spent with the lucky day buff. Here's the result.

This is going to buy my Juere Infantry a LOT of training.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #3327 on: June 21, 2013, 02:38:00 pm »

Not sure if it me but the pic is broken  :P
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3328 on: June 21, 2013, 02:44:31 pm »

Just you.

Just imagine 1/4 tiles in a large section of the cave that have been mined out containing a random ore/crystal/bar/junk drop, and 1/3 of those tiles containing multiples.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3329 on: June 21, 2013, 03:08:23 pm »

My Gem stash.
And I don't even know what the combined gems are worth.
Pages: 1 ... 220 221 [222] 223 224 ... 291