Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 226 227 [228] 229 230 ... 291

Author Topic: Elona  (Read 566424 times)

hachnslay

• Bay Watcher
  • 09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0
    • View Profile
Re: Elona
« Reply #3405 on: June 24, 2013, 04:04:34 am »

so, this is the second one that the historian in palmia dropped ...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
In other news: blessed milk makes you grow taller and counts as food for lucky day ... one bottle of blessed water later ....
my dwarf is now bigger than the average human.
On the top side i now have potions of lucky day.

and now ... wait what?

i am currently trying to get the statue of the king before he permanently dies ... how overpowered is that guy?
« Last Edit: June 24, 2013, 05:50:41 am by hachnslay »
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master
--Alpha Centauri ,Pravin Lal

JosephWongKS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3406 on: June 25, 2013, 05:08:57 am »

I had a monster drop the "Evolution Heart" previously during a Panic town mission, i gave it to the little girl to obtain a valkyrie
And now while clearing a level 50 random dungeon, one of the monsters (not even the boss) just dropped an "Another Heart".

Some nice luck, except for the fact that none of my pets can be evolved with that heart, and from looking on the wiki, the pets that can use it are not really leading into anything awesome, i wish it would have been one of the other heart dropping there.

The problem with the whole pet evolution mechanic is that bells are so awesome that they render even the evolved pets completely irrelevant.  A simple silver bell, which you can find in the Puppy Cave and capture with a Lvl 5 Monster Ball (that you can get from the Kapul genetic engineering quest) and judicious use of thrown poison potions / shurikens, will (once equipped with a decent ranged weapon) out-damage pretty much anything you can find in North Tyris.

hachnslay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3407 on: June 25, 2013, 05:23:09 am »

in Elona+ the only thing bells are good for is giving them panties for confusion.
Outdamage anything?
my <Goda> deals 800 damage minimum per swing.
200 against metal.
And bells die to dragon breath attacks in the North Tyris late game.

Now if only i could find a monster with Traveling in E+ so goda can start leveling his skills faster ...
Edit: nevermind, those 8 books of little sister are finally good for something ...

« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 05:35:04 am by hachnslay »
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master

JosephWongKS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3408 on: June 25, 2013, 05:36:35 am »

in Elona+ the only thing bells are good for is giving them panties for confusion.
Outdamage anything?
my <Goda> deals 800 damage minimum per swing.
200 against metal.

What level is your Goda?  And what equipment did you give it?  Goda has a base speed of 71 at Lvl 1; a silver bell has a base speed of 678 at Lvl 3.  Unless you've fed him massive amounts of speed upper and hermes blood, there's no way that Goda can out-damage an equivalently-leveled and -equipped bell.

And bells die to dragon breath attacks in the North Tyris late game.

Not if you've gene-engineered a full set of limbs and put rubynus equipment in each slot, which is far, far easier to do than bringing Goda up to the same speed as a silver bell's.

Now if only i could find a monster with Traveling in E+ so goda can start leveling his skills faster ...

Little Girls (which you can get from the slave master in Derphy) grant travelling when gene-engineered into your main pet.  You will need two of them - the first one will grant Investment, and the second one will grant travelling.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 05:41:59 am by JosephWongKS »

JosephWongKS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3409 on: June 25, 2013, 09:27:36 am »

Edit: nevermind, those 8 books of little sister are finally good for something ...

Diaries of Little Sister create a "Younger Sister" when read.  Those are different from "Little Girls" and I don't know whether the latter grant Travelling when gene-engineered.

hachnslay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3410 on: June 25, 2013, 10:48:50 am »

Diaries of Little Sister create a "Younger Sister" when read.  Those are different from "Little Girls" and I don't know whether the latter grant Travelling when gene-engineered.
they do.
also: my godo's stats were posted earlier.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3411 on: June 25, 2013, 01:12:34 pm »

Some might think that using bells, or even any large group of pets in general, cheapens the whole experience.

Personally I caught a couple of platina bells but couldn't bring myself to unleash them on the world. :P

"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #3412 on: June 25, 2013, 01:27:10 pm »

Any Roran character will now have traveling in elona + it a trained skills for them now.
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3413 on: June 25, 2013, 01:41:48 pm »

Some might think that using bells, or even any large group of pets in general, cheapens the whole experience.
Yeah. I only considered training and/or gene manipulate some promising ones rather than the ones that are good from the start.

Yorisou

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3414 on: June 25, 2013, 09:52:21 pm »

I usually operate "pokemon" style--1 pet out at a time, swapping out for specific purposes. I'm impressed by Hachnslay's <Goda>, my primary pet is a golden knight named "Mar" and she only hits for a nominal ~455 per attack before armor reduction. She's been "on vacation" while Rawr (my trusty T-Rex) and I trained.

I could catch a Tyrannobreaker, but decided instead to go through the effort of making a T-Rex just as strong. The project is going well so far, but I'm still storing up appropriate gene engineering critters. EDIT: Doing this out of nostalgic loyalty to my trusty t-rex. I hold out hope that someday I will be able to evolve him. :)
« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 10:09:27 pm by Yorisou »

hachnslay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3415 on: June 26, 2013, 02:14:48 pm »

i currently need a decision for my mage character:
She has no throwing weapon.

Spoiler: Exhibit A (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Exhibit B (click to show/hide)

is the absorb MP worth it?
my main damage output will be magic dart and eclipse/crystal spear

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #3416 on: June 26, 2013, 03:07:26 pm »

I don't think the absorb MP brand is any good in that case, maybe if it had more " # " possibly, because at the level you are, you probably have by then unlocked the Absorb Magic special action for your character that does not need to hit a monster (while throwing/shooting always have a chance to miss) to generate mana.

The only cons of the Absorb Magic special action is that you can't abuse it too much as it makes you tired.
But in a middle of a battle you can still use it several time in a row, i still think it's a much better choice that relying on the absorb mp from a weapon, because if you're unlucky you're not going to hit anything for a while, and then no mp absorbed, while Absorb Magic will gives you mana everytime, enough to cast more magic darts

edit : oops my bad, Absorb Magic is a great special action you get from worshipping Itzpalt , so maybe you don't have it .
« Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 03:09:17 pm by Robsoie »

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3417 on: June 26, 2013, 03:34:46 pm »

Yeah, I'd stick with the panty because of the bad material on the shuriken. You can't change it with a scroll, so you'll have to use a material kit which might not be worth using on a shuriken. Not to mention the useful mind damage (okay maybe not entirely useful) and status resists on the panty.

I'm biased toward panties though.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Patchy

• Bay Watcher
  • Mukyu
    • View Profile
« Reply #3418 on: June 27, 2013, 04:15:22 pm »

The panty would be a better general purpose weapon, but that shuriken shouldn't be discounted. It'll keep dealing heavier and heavier damage the further negative a monsters mp gets due to magic reactions. Try it on a sandbagged mob for awhile and see. The shuriken is more for a a long tough boss fight, where it could potentially drain off all the bosses mp and don't forget the value of bleeding bosses and preventing them from natural regen with it.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3419 on: June 27, 2013, 04:36:13 pm »

Agreed. The panty looks better for ordinary combat, but the combination of the cut and mp drain could be really useful in a difficult fight against a caster. Trying to out-DPS bosses and over-leveled mobs has rarely turned out well for me.

By the way, I happened across a rather nice trade with an adventurer a level ago on my new pianist.

I'm trying to decide if it's worth hanging on to past the fight with Vesda. I mean, even if I find a better sword, I'm still almost certainly going to use this against him, what with the #####+ fire resist and damage vs. dragons, but is it worth keeping for the North Tyris endgame, maybe with a superior material scroll to improve the stats?

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 226 227 [228] 229 230 ... 291