Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 231 232 [233] 234 235 ... 291

Author Topic: Elona  (Read 566458 times)

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
Re: Elona
« Reply #3480 on: August 28, 2013, 02:18:29 pm »

There's also a pretty big gap between Zeome-beating strength and South Tyris random-mob-strength.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

guessingo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3481 on: August 30, 2013, 12:52:17 pm »

what is involved in translating this game from japanese to english? Is it possible for someone to run it through google translate to get a lousy translation?

what do you mean 'it depends on how you play' on whether you can get to the final boss or not. this could mean alot of things. i know it means 'it depends if you focus on getting stronger'. what do you do if your not going after the boss?

guessingo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3482 on: August 30, 2013, 12:55:37 pm »

What is 'elm'? I know about the Elona+ mod. Is ELM the vanilla version?

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #3483 on: August 30, 2013, 01:26:22 pm »

what do you mean 'it depends on how you play' on whether you can get to the final boss or not. this could mean alot of things. i know it means 'it depends if you focus on getting stronger'. what do you do if your not going after the boss?

Elona is full of randomly generated dungeons of various levels and various randomly generated bosses, some can much harder with more powerfull enemies and items to find than the lowest depth of the Lesimas dungeon (the one ending into the battle with Zeome).
So even after "winning" the game by defeating Zeome, you can still play without ever needing to go to the south continent, as new random dungeons appears regularly on the map

And grinding to have your character , skills, troops, etc... to become stronger through all those dungeons can take a lot of time before you're strong enough to actually beat Zeome.

So you can play Elona forever without being forced to go south.
And even if you go south, you can still go back to the north if you prefer playing there.

guessingo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3484 on: August 30, 2013, 02:36:13 pm »

so the elona+ mod. is that just 'down south' changes? I see south tyris listed on the wiki.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #3485 on: August 30, 2013, 02:40:54 pm »

so the elona+ mod. is that just 'down south' changes? I see south tyris listed on the wiki.
http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/Elona%2B a lot more then just south tyris
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3486 on: August 30, 2013, 06:27:31 pm »

What is 'elm'? I know about the Elona+ mod. Is ELM the vanilla version?
ELM stands for Enhanced Love Miracle, another mod. I don't know as many details because it's not as well documented as Elona+ is in English.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #3487 on: August 30, 2013, 08:44:57 pm »

what is involved in translating this game from japanese to english? Is it possible for someone to run it through google translate to get a lousy translation?

You would likely have to edit the .exe? I'm not sure if the scripts are stored anywhere. And honestly given how context based japanese is over english, a machine translation would probably not really... help much, if at all, I'd be willing to bet (I do not know japanese). There's bad translation with wierd grammar and then there's mostly gibberish.

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #3488 on: August 30, 2013, 08:55:11 pm »

I gave it a brief pass on trying to translate the cutscenes however...most of the issues I ran into was with the proper nouns and I lost most of the work when I had to reformat my computer(not that i got far, I managed to translate the first cutscene and that was it). There is however quite a few non-cutscene text that could be translated by looking at the talk.txt in the data folder.
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3489 on: August 30, 2013, 09:42:05 pm »

Failing that, the Elona wiki tells you what you need to do to finish Act 2, so it's not hard to complete.

Then again, my attributes are around the 200+ range and I still haven't touched South Tyris on this character yet.

pedrousz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3490 on: August 30, 2013, 10:56:49 pm »

Is Elona+ translated? Sorry, I couldn't find anything about. If is so where is the game on the site?

I started playing like one or two hours ago and I'm having some fun, but reading people talk about grind looks like that it can be boring.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3491 on: August 30, 2013, 11:15:20 pm »

Elona+ is basically Elona+new stuff, so everything translated correctly in normal Elona should be translated correctly in Elona+, while the new additions might be badly translated or worded improperly.

If you can't understand the Japanese on the site, I suggest Google Translate.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

pedrousz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3492 on: August 31, 2013, 12:04:23 am »

Ok, I see. Thanks for the help, probably there is a lot of annoying people asking the same question  :-[

Carnwennan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3493 on: August 31, 2013, 08:46:13 am »

PTW

Singularity125

• Bay Watcher
  • [GAMING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3494 on: September 01, 2013, 06:31:03 pm »

Ah, this game. Always something new and shiny when I check in again. Unfortunately it seems my old save has been lost, so I'm starting over. On the plus side, I'm able to do something I couldn't before: Enjoy the game as a spellcaster. The Elea Wizard combo seems to be working out well so far, though I'm still pretty early in the game. I'm more or less forsaking pets for the time being.

I'm not likely to have the chat view open, but if you see "Mysterious Destiny Takuma" die horribly, that's me. :D
Pages: 1 ... 231 232 [233] 234 235 ... 291