Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 234 235 [236] 237 238 ... 291

Author Topic: Elona  (Read 566463 times)

Ogdibus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Elona
« Reply #3525 on: September 11, 2013, 01:23:41 am »

My pets are having trouble keeping up with me lately.  I regularly encounter things that might kill them in one hit.  I've gene engineered them, so they have all the skills that they need, and their equipment is pretty good, but I have trouble keeping their potential up.   I think that's what's keeping them down.  One is a caster, too.  Do their spell levels increase with their skills?

Another thing:  Do spells normally do low damage compared to weapons?  It seems like a level 30 spell will hit for very little damage, even when my casting skill is similar in level to my weapon skill, and the weapon is of comparable or lower quality.  Does PV affect spell damage?  I thought it would only be affected by resistance, but I'm not sure.

Has anyone tried dual wielding grenades in melee?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #3526 on: September 11, 2013, 03:00:57 am »

Their spells increase with their magic stat, but as for potential, give your pets every ore/gem you find, they will sell it in town and use the gold to train their potential. You could even go put money into a kitty bank then throw it to break it and let a pet pick up the gold to train their potential.
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3527 on: September 11, 2013, 07:55:32 am »

Also feed your pets herbs. IIRC they gain more stats from herbs than you.

guessingo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3528 on: September 11, 2013, 10:23:30 am »

what is the best way to get herbs?

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3529 on: September 11, 2013, 10:38:35 am »

most reliable way would be harvest time & farming, if you're playing e+

Ogdibus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3530 on: September 11, 2013, 10:31:52 pm »

I realized after posting, that I can probably use Gene Engineering to increase their level/HP, as well.  They're all 30 something, and I'm at 55 with about 85k fame.  I drag them into dungeons that are in the 40-70 range most of the time.

Oglaf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3531 on: September 12, 2013, 01:16:27 pm »

Started a new character (since I haven't played this game in a while). I chose to go as Dwarf Warrior. Everything was fine until I looked at my equip screen and noticed that my expected throwing "stone" weighed 25s and graphically overlapped into different equip areas.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 12, 2013, 01:20:08 pm by Oglaf »

Ogdibus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3532 on: September 12, 2013, 08:40:49 pm »

x3

I might have to upgrade to that version.

Carnwennan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3533 on: September 13, 2013, 08:05:50 am »

I would if they managed to eliminate that quest bug.

I am torn between a platinum round shield of lightning (#####+), or a different platinum one, that 'negates physical damage #####+'. The first provides [5,4], and the latter [4,5]. I am in medium armour, if that matters for anything. Thoughts? I would like to know how much damage that shield is dealing with...

Singularity125

• Bay Watcher
  • [GAMING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3534 on: September 13, 2013, 11:25:44 am »

Elona+ 1.27 claims to have fixed that bug. Although I haven't yet tried it for myself. Perhaps a project for today.

To answer your shield question, generally speaking the lightning shield will be better against swarms of lightning enemies (like rooms full of hounds) but the negates physical damage will be useful against damn near everything, unless it's been nerfed in E+. I would say that if you can handle the extra inventory weight and micromanagement of switching, to carry both. If you have to pick just one, and you're in melee range a lot, go with negates physical damage. Otherwise if breath attacks are the main thing that hit you, go with the lightning resist.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3535 on: September 13, 2013, 06:03:29 pm »

I would choose the physical damage one. I don't think the stats would be very important as unless they're godly, you can just superior material them (or blessed change material). If godly.... I'd still choose physical.

As for the exact effects, sorry, I have no clue. If only they'd display a number instead of those #####+s. (Didn't some mod do that? Sadly it's not in E+)
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #3536 on: September 13, 2013, 06:57:37 pm »

Negate physical damage is rather rare to find, so I'd go with that, I'm pretty sure it would end up reducing the physical damage you take by at least 75%(if it uses the same resistance mechanic as normal resistances) before armor reduction and would also reduce attacks that either pierces or bypasses armor. Try equipping it and seeing it in your character sheet if it has the same color as the other resistances, if it has a different color then it might be a chance of not taking physical damage.
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

Carnwennan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3537 on: September 14, 2013, 03:12:26 am »

I don't think the stats would be very important as unless they're godly.
Neither are even miracle :P
I haven't found any scrolls of superior material yet. The wiki says blessed change material scrolls act like them mostly, so I will try a few of them.

Try equipping it and seeing it in your character sheet if it has the same color as the other resistances, if it has a different color then it might be a chance of not taking physical damage.
It doesn't show up in the resistances page-thing (after weapon proficiency) if you are referring to there. Nor does any bonus show up in the combat rolls area. I managed to go mano el mano with a minotaur which was apparently 'not an easy fight' and managed to come out >80% HP, but that doesn't prove much.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3538 on: September 18, 2013, 12:11:11 pm »

So, I read somewhere on the elona wiki that you can only get AP points if your speed AND level is lower then the thing you kill?

Anyone else know anything about this AP stuff?
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

PrimusRibbus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3539 on: September 18, 2013, 01:01:34 pm »

So, I read somewhere on the elona wiki that you can only get AP points if your speed AND level is lower then the thing you kill?

Anyone else know anything about this AP stuff?

I can't say anything about AP gain definitively, but I find the speed restriction fairly hard to believe. My characters with speed through the roof have never had trouble gaining thousands of AP in a fairly short time without even trying.
grammar is for essays and letters and second FREEDOM TO POST except obscene material
THE ONLY THING THAT'S GONNA GRIND IN THIS GAME IS YOUR ASS ON THE PAVEMENT
Pages: 1 ... 234 235 [236] 237 238 ... 291