Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 244 245 [246] 247 248 ... 291

Author Topic: Elona  (Read 569557 times)

Patchy

• Bay Watcher
  • Mukyu
    • View Profile
Re: Elona
« Reply #3675 on: January 15, 2014, 02:30:16 am »

The stone will be recorded in your journal. It isn't an actual physical item.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3676 on: January 15, 2014, 07:58:36 am »

Thx

AngelXDv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3677 on: January 18, 2014, 12:52:32 pm »

I don't know if it was said before or not, but does anybody have a fix to play the game in 1920x1080? It allows me to modify the config file, but it switches to 1920x786(or something like that) when I start the game. Any help?

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3678 on: January 24, 2014, 09:27:11 pm »

Soooo is there an english version for the newest elona+ update? I can't seem to find it and I've been thinking of comming back to elona since I never got to the endgame.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3679 on: January 24, 2014, 09:38:29 pm »

Here's the Dropbox link.

It's in semi-English; the old North Tyris content is translated, the somewhat new South Tyris content is slightly translated, and the new Lost Irva content is completely untranslated.
The Dropbox is always a link to the most recent version. As for the English question, it's been asked a few times and the answer has been largely the same: kinda.
In my experience, it's 33% semi-broken english, 33% untranslated or incorrect (as in, the line literally doesn't fit, like it's a copy from some other thing from the north) english lines, and 33% whatever else. But do note I've only scratched the surface. It's manageable and you can still do stuff quite well but it does make the game somehow feel even more foreign than it already does.
Note that it's playable, just not easy to understand. With the wiki's help you should be fine.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Singularity125

• Bay Watcher
  • [GAMING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3680 on: January 25, 2014, 03:01:51 pm »

To be fair, the vanilla Elona content (i.e. North Tyris) is pretty well translated, and that alone can take dozens of hours to get through. Never managed to go after Zeome yet... Though in my latest file I have my reasons :P

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

AngelXDv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3681 on: January 27, 2014, 07:20:24 am »

Sooo... nobody has a fix for the 1920X1080 resolution?  :(

Singularity125

• Bay Watcher
  • [GAMING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3682 on: January 27, 2014, 10:48:42 am »

There's some limit on how many tiles can be displayed, at least in terms of number of rows. It would seem that's not something that's been a top priority for the Elona+ team to fix. It's been a longstanding issue though... sorry I can't be more help  :-\

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #3683 on: February 06, 2014, 01:01:04 pm »

Sooo, say Someone were to pick this game up...where's the best noobie tips/guide & what version of Elona/mods should they pick up?
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

AngelXDv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3684 on: February 06, 2014, 01:51:03 pm »

Well, I don't know if it's just me, but I rarely use any guides. I came into this game, I completed the tutorial and I kept the elona wiki on. That's kind of it. The game is pretty easy to learn but you can do so so many things in it. I suggest checking the wiki. Also, IMO the newest the version, the better. Maybe you want to start with vanilla Elona and then move on to ElonaPlus.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3685 on: February 06, 2014, 02:06:14 pm »

Sooo, say Someone were to pick this game up...where's the best noobie tips/guide & what version of Elona/mods should they pick up?
ElonaPlus

First wish, seven league boots.
You lose stuff when you die.
You get platinums from quests.
Platinums are used to learn new skills.
Gear makes a difference.  Speed and +hit chance are good to have early on.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #3686 on: February 06, 2014, 03:44:15 pm »

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3687 on: February 06, 2014, 04:36:18 pm »

I believe there's an Elona IRC link hanging around. If it's anything like CataclysmDDA's IRC there'll be tons of players just waiting to help you.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #3688 on: February 06, 2014, 10:43:22 pm »

Thank ye angel, zangi, robsoie & blaze!

For elona+, the foreign characters, they scare me D:
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3689 on: February 07, 2014, 10:00:53 am »

Thank ye angel, zangi, robsoie & blaze!

For elona+, the foreign characters, they scare me D:

Do not mind em.  The foreign part of the game is like... literally months away unless you cheat.  I have not reached it yet, still content with CanadaNorth Tyris.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation
Pages: 1 ... 244 245 [246] 247 248 ... 291