Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 248 249 [250] 251 252 ... 291

Author Topic: Elona  (Read 566438 times)

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Elona
« Reply #3735 on: March 23, 2014, 01:44:53 pm »

This raises another question: what are sandbags even good for now?
Whining decoration monsters?

Near as in the same area or within X squares?

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3736 on: March 23, 2014, 02:41:19 pm »

I think it's within X squares, but I don't know for sure. I'd have to test it to see.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Shiramizu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3737 on: March 25, 2014, 02:10:49 am »

Can you sandbag a named NPC? If so summoning a god, sandbaging him/her and releasing during party time+love potion can give you lots of music tickets easily.

Also sorry, but I still haven't even gotten to South Tyris (AP grinding the void) so I still haven't got any translation done.

Edit:Just checked you can't move sandbaged NPC's so that one's not gonna work.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 02:13:21 am by Shiramizu »

Shiramizu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3738 on: April 06, 2014, 07:59:44 am »

Sorry for double posting, but I finally traveled to South Tyris. The intro (from what I gather) goes like this:
After the fall of Vindale forest many people have died and even though live has mostly returned to normal many things changed between various countries.
The creator of Lost Ria Barius was removed after foreign spies found out about his connection to Seymour (his policy of neutrality of Lost Ria was a hinderrance to other countries).
Most of the Elea have turned their backs on the now falling Lost Ria becoming refugees. Still persecuted and without home the Elea  have gone into despair and started numerous uprisings all over Irva.
At the same time the Yerles and Eulderna have begun an invasion of South Tyris. They're motives were unknown. The Yuere chose to oppose them and a three-sided conflict has begun.
You visit South Tyris in the midst of this chaos. A new destiny opens up before you. The beginning of a new adventure...

Also, should I also translate all the different sub quests (probably most of what I'll be doing for some time)?
« Last Edit: April 06, 2014, 08:01:39 am by Shiramizu »

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3739 on: April 06, 2014, 08:44:55 am »

Sasumata (Ehekatl): Good easy way to train staff then, and if I recall Itzpalt's god weapon was a surprisingly good melee weapon, that could really benefit from the training.

The wiki says it is a polearm, not a staff (also it is Jure's; Ehekatl got listed twice, which confused me).

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3740 on: April 06, 2014, 09:41:59 am »

Sweet. Had no idea about the Yerles/Eulderna/Juere war, though it seems obvious in hindsight (Control of underground passage subquest in Melugas). Most subquests have a rudimentary translation already, but more clarity is good and if you're going to do subquests anyway, might as well translate. Also, what level/class is your character?

Unrelated: How can I boost an exile's damage? It only does about 40 damage on the best shots, which is really not enough. I suppose I could use Nightmare for my own attacks and just have it piggyback along...
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3741 on: April 06, 2014, 09:54:57 am »

Pet's spellpower scales through their casting and magic stats. Supposedly, items that "Enhances spells" have no effect as they don't have spell levels. No idea if they changed it in Elona+.

Shiramizu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3742 on: April 06, 2014, 04:35:26 pm »

I'm playing a caster/warrior hybrid. I mostly train my boosting spells (speed, attribution shield, etc.) and some offensive spells (nightmare, nerve eye, magic storm), but I mostly fight with my living weapon long sword. Not sure if I'll ever level it past 10.

From what I've played some quest are rather awkwardly translated. For instance the "Demonstration level 60" should be "Distraction level 60". Your goal is to distract a unit of Eulderna from reinforcing the ruins Yerles are planning to attack. After you kill everyone Milis is surprised, because she only expected you to distract them not wipe them out and decides you deserve a bonus.

In the Fallen Princess it's implied the NPC's in the room kept the princess company, but it wasn't enough to satisfy her. She is borderline insane thinking whichever NPC you give her is her lost lover (she'll notice something is wrong in the pets charisma is too low). Still haven't got 200 char, so I don't know how the quest ends.

Kind of skipped over the Bamboo Sprout and Lune's dialogues. From what I gathered Lune is trying to find a new place to live after some mistake she made working for her previous master. After you offer to help her she thanks you, but says there's no way anyone can get that much money (2mil). After you talk to her with enough cash on hand she is very surprised, but still warns you that the upkeep is 6000/month. After you reply that it's not a problem she comments on how different your approach to money is from hers and says you'll have to talk to her previous master.

Zernard offers you to join him on his pirate hunting trip proposing to split the gain 7(him):3(you). I found it funny that the rejecting answer has you saying you have a ship phobia to which he'll ask if something happened in the past (intro happened). After you get on the ship Zernerd is nowhere to be found. After you beat the pirate captain and return to shore you'll find out he got seasick and couldn't participate. This changes the split to 10(you):0(him) (serves him right).
« Last Edit: April 06, 2014, 04:40:43 pm by Shiramizu »

Patchy

• Bay Watcher
  • Mukyu
    • View Profile
« Reply #3743 on: April 06, 2014, 07:35:09 pm »

Sasumata (Ehekatl): Good easy way to train staff then, and if I recall Itzpalt's god weapon was a surprisingly good melee weapon, that could really benefit from the training.

The wiki says it is a polearm, not a staff (also it is Jure's; Ehekatl got listed twice, which confused me).

Ok, fixed the errors. Thank you.

As for the translations, thats actually kind of nice. Sure beats running it through google translate and getting the broken english out of it.

I also play the warrior/caster hybrid, fairy claymores go figure huh. Though I mainly use my magic for the buffs/heals/utility spells and save my pots for when silenced mainly.

As for pets and the spell levels, no clue on it. I used to use the exile back in vanilla with my wizard there, but I have yet to play a full blown wiz in + and haven't worshipped Itzpalt yet for another exile. And haven't been too terribly interested in aquiring other pets since I'm focusing on making my lil girl into the ultimate pet.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3744 on: April 06, 2014, 09:23:19 pm »

Re: Demonstration: Makes sense, seeing the Eulderna summonknights there. Also kinda funny how you have no choice but to murder everyone, you psycho. :P "Demonstration" could be like, a Yerles demonstration of their force to stop Eulderna from attacking. Maybe. "Distraction" is much more straightforward, though.

Re: Fallen Princess:That matches up mostly well with the wiki's version. I'm assuming you already know what happens at the end, so that could be her confusing you for the lost lover. Or something.

Re: Bamboo/Lune: Everything seems to be in order here. Shame about the bamboo sprout, but the backstory for a bamboo sprout wanting you to beat up some mushrooms seems..... shaky at best.

Re: Pirate hunting: Yup, that's translated in the English version (if somewhat poorly). "I do not have good memory of the ship" or something like that IIRC. What a loser, though; we got over our Etherwind-sinking-our-ship-phobia without any issues.

Personally I play mostly pure wizard, though I do use throwing weapons and sometimes melee attacks. I'm trying to boost all my buffs, hexes, and attacks at the same time as I'm training my pets to be more useful (I'm stuck in a cycle of "these pets are too strong, go back to town" > "these pets are too weak, get stronger" > "help they're too strong again") which leaves quite a few things to be done every sleep cycle if I want to minimize the time spent with 400% spell potential.

Side question: any feat recommendations? I've already maxed the speed, luck, and stamina ones as well as the exorcist one, and I've just gotten the first tier of the life and mana boosting ones.

guessingo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3745 on: April 19, 2014, 12:38:11 pm »

What is a good olace to grind for bells. I have 4 as pets and got another rod of domination. They are rare spawns. My bells seem to kill them before i can use the rod. So i need to leave them. I am a level 40 lich claymore. Good magic for my level.

Its a hassle finding these.

Anyway to keep pets from attacking specific monster types like bells?

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3746 on: April 19, 2014, 01:02:58 pm »

You could use Directive to set your pets to defensive mode (aka no attacking) whenever you spot a bell, you could send them back to town with Call Familiar, or you could just not bring your pets at all.

As for finding bells, I don't really have any advice. I notice whenever I spam Summon Monsters, at least one bell appears, but then there are the rest of the summons to deal with.

guessingo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3747 on: April 19, 2014, 01:26:01 pm »

summon monsters in the puppy cave sounds like a good idea. I have a few more questions.

1. how do you tell what body parts your pets have? The only way I can now is to give them lots of different eq and see what they equip? I know when i gene engineer it says your pet gains a limb. its hard to keep track of.

2. I want to change the images of my bell pets to all be different. I was able to change 1 of them to a different image, but i dont have any more options? Im using Elona+1.35 RL? It makes it easier to keep track of them.

3. does it matter how many pets are with me when i train control magic? I find that spamming area affect spells are best. I have a limited supply of resist eq and my pets die. so id rather just bring one ,but i dont know if this slows me down.

4. do bejewelled chests have better drops at higher DLs? I saw somewhere that its recommended to stockpile these for higher DL. then looked on the elona forums and saw that others said this is not accurate. anyone know? are drops from bejewelled chests affected by luck?
« Last Edit: April 19, 2014, 01:37:23 pm by guessingo »

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3748 on: April 19, 2014, 02:19:10 pm »

1. You can see at the bottom of their inventory. Should say Head, Neck, Back, etc. for a human pet. Parts that have something equipped will be blue, parts that have nothing will be gray, parts it doesn't have at all won't be listed.

2. If you mean their sprite, try pressing i, choosing the bell you want to change, choose option e (Shape change), and inputting a number from 2-16. This will change the sprite to be the sprite on the corresponding spot in /graphic/character.bmp. Those are the ones labeled pic2, pic 3, etc near the bottom.

3. Yes, the more pets you attack, the more exp you'll get.

4. Formerly, hoarding bejeweled chests and opening them in higher DL dungeons would give you better stuff, but in the later versions of Elona+, their contents are based on where they were generated. Luck does play a part in giving more equipment attributes.

guessingo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3749 on: April 20, 2014, 11:05:54 am »

so is it worth keeping bejewelled chests for lucky days? I do that with treasure balls
Pages: 1 ... 248 249 [250] 251 252 ... 291