Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 257 258 [259] 260 261 ... 291

Author Topic: Elona  (Read 569674 times)

guessingo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Elona
« Reply #3870 on: August 24, 2014, 03:01:18 pm »

Tagging Pets

Also, anyone understanding tagging pets? I know it puts two pets together. The value to me is less space so they can get into combat, with fast pets they process alot more turns than you so makes the game run slower, bundling them speeds this up. I just tagged 2 Bells of Emergence with dual wield and special weapons. Seriously badass. They kill fast and killing fast means less risk. But there is also 'force tag'. I saw a reference on the wiki about getting AP? but wasn't clear.

Anyone know the best way to get potions of descent? I think I saw 1 in a potion shop once. I have 1 potion shop at 600 investing and I don't see them showing up. I need to lower the levels of my pets so its cheaper to train. I levelled them so I can take on harder dungeons. I didn't notice its alot more expensive to train their skills. Also, I think this can be abused with gene engineering. You tend to gain attributes when you level depending on the monster merged and your potentials. So level-> descent, repeat. Anyway to get alot of these? I finished the main quest? I am level 69 with magic. So Im fairly strong. I can hit level 100 dungeons, but tend to lose bells.

guessingo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3871 on: August 24, 2014, 03:03:10 pm »

Fame and Jobs: As I raise fame I get better jobs. So far the max plat I get is 3. I am at 65k fame. I was at 4k, but 1 death and damn. I am seeing a VERY slow improvement in jobs with fame. So it takes alot to raise fame. Do you ever get more than 3 plat? When will i see jobs at more than $17? Any good ways to jack up fame? Even doing dungeons only adds a little. Possibly accusing werewolf. I dont care about the tax or the rogue bosses. I can handle them easily.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3872 on: August 24, 2014, 03:22:10 pm »

RE: Tagging pets, I don't know much but it does make AP easier to get as it'll be based off the weaker member's stats and not the stronger. I think.

RE: Descent, they used to drop from zombies but I think the chances were extremely lowered or removed altogether. I've never seen any in shops at rank 200 and only ever got one from random drops/pickups.

RE: Fame, my max plat was 3. Fame gain is really REALLY slow, yeah. There aren't really any better ways to raise it. Difficulty, I dunno.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

guessingo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3873 on: August 24, 2014, 03:31:09 pm »

so it looks like the best thing to do with low level pets is to get 'it disturbs growth items' and leave them on them so you can jack up stats before levelling them. I think I made a mistake levelling my bells. I should probably get new ones as soon as I can find more it disturb growth items. Not sure if I kept any. Wonder if I can train a level 1 bells cooking relaly quick. should be easy to keep his potentials nears 400%. Also implies it may be worth putting a low level pet in a shop. take him out for breakfast/give potions of potential to raise charisma, with 'it disturbs growth'. take to town and give gems and see if you can get that negotiation really high.

Am I reading this correctly about shops?
http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/Negotiation

I punched the pet and PC negotiation formulas into a spreadsheet. For similiar negotiation levels you get better prices. However, I think your sell price caps at 50%, but pets prices cap at 128%. I am not sure if this is accurate for weapons/armor since the wiki implies the formulas don't work for them. Pets don't cross the 50% sell price threshold until 291 negotiation.

Demon: 90 negotiaton: 28.8%
PC: 90 Negotiation: 45.5%.

This doesn't even appear to be close. However, the wiki is hard to follow. This doesn't include weapons/armor right? So those are still worth dropping at a shop?

Aliens: If I give a bad potion to an NPC and he drinks it and kills the alien,then gets it again... he won't take it. Do I need pickpocket for this? to give him the item? Or do i mix it with some type of food?
« Last Edit: August 24, 2014, 04:24:19 pm by guessingo »

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3874 on: August 24, 2014, 10:54:30 pm »

You can throw most kinds of potions on them for the same effect

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3875 on: August 25, 2014, 09:00:04 am »

You can throw most kinds of potions on them for the same effect

Won't they consider it an attack?

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3876 on: August 25, 2014, 09:04:09 am »

I seem to remember that they get angry but not agressive. Unless it poison or similar.
I think that alcohol and dyes work. Perhaps cursed

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3877 on: August 25, 2014, 11:13:36 am »

I remember something now... correct me if I'm wrong.

You can use the Give option to hand them dye/poison. They will use it if they are pregnant. But they will not take unidentified ones, and if they are not really pregnant, they will just keep your identified potion.

I *think* you take karma hit for damaging them all the same, and if they die then even more karma hit.

Patchy

• Bay Watcher
  • Mukyu
    • View Profile
« Reply #3878 on: August 25, 2014, 03:23:10 pm »

Fame and Jobs: As I raise fame I get better jobs. So far the max plat I get is 3. I am at 65k fame. I was at 4k, but 1 death and damn. I am seeing a VERY slow improvement in jobs with fame. So it takes alot to raise fame. Do you ever get more than 3 plat? When will i see jobs at more than $17? Any good ways to jack up fame? Even doing dungeons only adds a little. Possibly accusing werewolf. I dont care about the tax or the rogue bosses. I can handle them easily.

I've found that having a strong enough pet to easily win in the arena is the fastest way to gain fame. There is no cooldown for consecutive pet arena matches, and you gain 100ish if I recall every time you win. If you get your pet to the point that it minces anything the arena will throw at you (generally monsters in the lvl 50-70 range), you got a reasonably quick fame generator.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 03:46:54 pm by Patchy »

guessingo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3879 on: August 25, 2014, 07:41:48 pm »

The identify potion did not occir to me. I have my pet are a at 1. You get about 70. At high fame levels you seem to need alot of fame to get better quests. I am now getting 4 plat sometimes.

You now get 500 fame with the 'are you a werewolf dialogue' if you can go 'this person is a werewolf'

guessingo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3880 on: August 25, 2014, 10:49:23 pm »

following tihs guide to change material to get better prices.

http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/Powergamer%27s_guide

I changed my speed ring to 'diamond' and the price dropped to 1 gold.

is that really 1 gold. or is it rounding? Not sure if its a variable issue? anyone know? It should sell for alot more than that. I have not sold it. I am just checking prices.

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3881 on: August 26, 2014, 04:35:06 am »

Could it somehow have been reset as non-identified?

guessingo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3882 on: August 26, 2014, 07:32:00 am »

No i blessed it and it shows green. I am tempted to drop it in my shop to test out actual sale price in my shop.

guessingo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3883 on: August 26, 2014, 07:36:25 am »

Does charisma above 75 do anything? Does not seem to effect negotiation. Not sure about effect on performer or investment. I am lwvel 69. I have all the skils. Got most through scrolls of gain attribute.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3884 on: August 26, 2014, 08:06:27 am »

Overflow error. The max sale price possible is 65535, it wraps around to 1 once an item's price goes above that. Directly selling to stores nets an obligatory 50% penalty that can't be mitigated by negotiation.
Pages: 1 ... 257 258 [259] 260 261 ... 291