Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 265 266 [267] 268 269 ... 291

Author Topic: Elona  (Read 569452 times)

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
Re: Elona
« Reply #3990 on: September 27, 2014, 09:25:19 pm »

"miromi" is always a decent choice if you can't find anything else; it's a free feat if you still need them.
Aurora/Speed rings. Aurora rings stop those annoying heavy rain effects on the world map, but it's mediocre in other areas.
"Dungeon" deed for delicious storage room.
"Evolution", in case you haven't got all of them yet.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3991 on: September 27, 2014, 09:27:31 pm »

Yeah, I was mainly looking at Aurora vs. Speed rings.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

guessingo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3992 on: September 27, 2014, 10:17:16 pm »

Never wish for potions of evolution. Get seven league boots, then get all scrolls of growth. First off potions of evolution get to be fairly common in magic shops when investing level is above 150. Yes I know that isn't early game. Mutatons get lost when sleeping and other than the charisma bonus or negative they don't matter early. I have used potions of cure mutation and removed virtually all of my good mutations becuase I had one -5 charisma mutation. I did this so I could get another pet. if you wish for scrolls of growth you will get to the point where you get enough gold to raise magic shops to 150 much faster and thereby get potions of potential and potions of evolution.

You can get cooking from one of the pets at the slave master. There is a post at the bottom of the slave master wiki page.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2014, 10:43:47 am by guessingo »

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3993 on: September 28, 2014, 05:44:45 am »

Ah, finally, I see it now. The comments system wasn't loading until I toggled cookies. Dumb comment system.

It's strange because there were other articles on the wiki where the comments loaded without needing them.

guessingo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3994 on: September 28, 2014, 10:51:15 am »

Here are some other things I learned recently. Its a hodgepodge

1. More than 2 god pets at once. Elona+ blocks this but there is a workaround. Put pets in doujou or abanded ranch. then 'bring out' you have more.
2. breeding god pets. They can be bred,but there is a trick. You can't have any other god pets in your party (see #1). game will only ever breed 1 more god pet. Even if you bring both to your party and put in a ranch, you will never get more. I did this when I finished act 2. I jumped ahead 3 years. Did not get any more cute fairies. Add the god pet that was bread to your party ('i' and then click bring out). Drop off in Doujou or abanded ranch.

How to get alot of seeds and/or alot of plat using God Pets Cute Fairy (seeds) and/or Yacatects Pet (for plat. Forget name). Breed as in #2. Managing more than 3 of each is a pain. So I just breed 2 more of each. They produce seeds or plat when fed 'quality' food. Any food you buy from a baker once you have the investing over 100, will work. The stuff you have to cook works if you have a decent cooking and/or bbq. It won't work if you cook and produce low quality food (see cooking page).

This is what I like to do:
1. go to noyel.
2. bring a skillbook. Lately using lockpicking because grinding this up is a pain
3. Press 'shift r' to rest on world map when at noyel. It will start snowing soon. Go to bakery and buy out the shop.
4. go behind the bakery so not many npcs which slow game down.
5. send my other pets to town.
6. Drop food on ground. 1 food per square. Do perishable stuff first so it gets eaten before rotting(can leave food in cooler so lasts longer).
7. start reading. You can read indefinitely while its snowing.

Snowing stops. Pick up any food on the ground thats left. Leave. Press shift r to snow again. Baker restocksd about every 3 days. So you will want a stash first or you will run out. Pets get hungry about when you get hungry. So you need food for yourself too. I mainly do this with cute fairies  since my fame is high, I get more plat from quests. I get enough seeds that have 3 farms and I don't do harvest quests anymore. I also have 2 Status of Kumiromi since they produce alot of artifact seeds. (got 2nd from little sister quest).

make sure to pick up seeds when produced so pets don't each the seeds. You can do this with more god pets but its not worth it unless you have more food stockpiled because you will run out. Its also best if you have an abanded ranch so you can swap pets in and out at no charge.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3995 on: October 03, 2014, 09:35:22 pm »

I finally got around to catching a bell for my Pianist, and sent it for its duels after I did mine in the arena. It cleared everything, natch, except for the bell on the enemy team. Now I've been running it on autoturn for the past twenty minutes and it's still stalemated. Not enough Picard images in all the world for how I'm feeling right now.

3. Run Resize Enable

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3996 on: October 03, 2014, 09:48:42 pm »

Hit Escape and give up, you'll lose rank and fame but you can gain it back.

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3997 on: October 03, 2014, 10:01:09 pm »

What weapon does your bell has? Will a weapon with poison or bleeding help your bell win (eventually)?

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3998 on: October 03, 2014, 10:10:02 pm »

Yeah, I just gave up after running long enough to be sure it wouldn't end. I had it using a <laser gun>, but after that I happened across a <shuriken> from a traveling trader and picked that up for it to use in the arena. TBH I've already reminded myself of why bells are sort of annoying, though; leaving the cheesiness aside, they generate an absurd amount of message spam that tends to knock relevant stuff out of view. :|

3. Run Resize Enable

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3999 on: October 04, 2014, 12:26:07 am »

So, uh. I started playing again on my Juere Pianist. Not long after hitting level 14, I got my fourth wish on the character from a random dungeon well.

I have no idea how this is happening, because I've literally never gotten more than one on any other character, even ones with much more play time.

Also, recommendations? I've already got seven-league boots, a vindale cloak, a couple happy beds, a whole heap of cure corruption potions, and a bunch of good mutations.

Just got my second wish from three drinks on the first fountain I encountered.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4000 on: October 04, 2014, 04:59:14 am »

Just got my second wish from three drinks on the first fountain I encountered.
Holy cow, that's impressive! Hah, dump potions into it and see if it gives you any more. o.0

Speaking of luck, just happened across a <claymore> with a #### Healing Rain enchantment on it, and managed to change-mat it to rubynus, so it's at 3d14 + 13 for damage and +5 to hit now. I'm pretty sorely tempted to switch over to two-hand now, considering that I'm running a Pianist and should probably have more pets than I do, despite already being pretty dedicated to two-weapon (considering that I've got a couple static artifacts that work well with it). Do it, Y/N?

3. Run Resize Enable

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4001 on: October 04, 2014, 06:12:26 am »

Give it to a pet?

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4002 on: October 04, 2014, 06:24:07 am »

I've been saving potions and loading up fountains every time I cross them, but I keep getting "You feel a stroke of good luck pass you by" (or somesuch): that is, I got a wish, but the RNG gods decided "nope" and took it away. I've only gotten two wishes so far (traveling boots and a happy bed) and seen that message at least another 3-5 times and probably more often than that. Extremely annoying.

guessingo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4003 on: October 04, 2014, 12:00:46 pm »

What weapon does your bell has? Will a weapon with poison or bleeding help your bell win (eventually)?

machine gun/bullet. at higher levels switch to shotguns you need the damage. However the upgrade path in pets for 'bell types are

1. platina/gold bells: I keep one since he has 100 cooking and I dont want to start over
2. bell emergence: melee fighters. due to melee not useful until you gene engineer limbs and give lots of rubynus material. Also useful to put two of them together so they kill faster and imprve survivability level wit gene engineering to get more HP.
3. Xena Satellite: sasme features as a bell. These are faster. Same damage reduction. Mix of melee and range.
4. Bell of termination; Totally bad ass. They can have 4 arms. I have 1 with 4 artifact weapons. They are pretty rare to spawn. I found 1 more recenmtly ,but party was full from little sisters.

About wishes... you get most of them with pets drinking from fountains. Wishes are not really game changing. You can't wish for armor. Seven league boots are a big boost to alot of things. After that its nice to have. Aurora ring... dont wish for this. its not that valuable. potions of potential. these are not that rare in elona+. BBQ (I wished for one), but you can use pickpocket in party time quests. Happy Beds? I wished for one than found my first not long after so bleh. I have a bunch now. Found several aurora rings. I change material and sell. The 'it protects youi from bad weather' can be found rarely on other items. I actually have a regular ring with this that I use cause i make alot of gold selling aurora rings.

Anyone notice that drops seem to be better in Lost Irva for a given DL level in random dungeons?
Also the snow in the ice in Lost Irva losts much longer. Makes it easier to read skillbooks (namely locking since Im doing 400+ DLs now and this is a pain to raise).

guessingo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4004 on: October 04, 2014, 12:22:47 pm »

this is for high level players. I am level 102. What do you spend gold on? I spend virtually all my gold on investing. If I see material kits in sovegnir shops I buy them. However, most of these are at the 2 festivals and if you invest them up, they go back to 10 the next year (useful for training). It looks like the wiki page is wrong. they keep getting more pages of stuff as the investing goes up, but VERY slowly. Was over 1000 before I got close to 6 pages for armorer. In regular in elona it was 120. This makes sense since you get alot more gold, game is longer, plus invest 50 lowers the price alot. Looks like the floor on invest 50 is about 50k (see forum post). However, its a really long time to get there. Over 2000. Im at about 200 plus some item boosts and its about 350k for me. Goes down about 1200 each time I level investing.
Pages: 1 ... 265 266 [267] 268 269 ... 291