Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 267 268 [269] 270 271 ... 291

Author Topic: Elona  (Read 569633 times)

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Elona
« Reply #4020 on: November 01, 2014, 12:44:24 pm »

I've been riding a horse, and even though I've used both the tamer's whip and the option when riding that tells the horse to stop the eating pickup, he still tries to eat food that I walk over. This is extremely annoying and usually prevents me from picking food items up. Does anyone know how to stop this?

guessingo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4021 on: November 02, 2014, 05:14:52 pm »

Mount either eats or picks items up. Choice is when you get on. Options are not translated. First is eat. If you pick second he wont eat but you will be slow.

Basically mounts need to eat to be effective.

ejseto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4022 on: November 02, 2014, 06:38:00 pm »

Mount either eats or picks items up. Choice is when you get on. Options are not translated. First is eat. If you pick second he wont eat but you will be slow.

The options are translated, but it's a mistranslation or placeholder. When you first get on, the choice is actually who rides whom. That's why the second option usually slows you to a crawl.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4023 on: November 07, 2014, 09:12:03 am »

I got an item called "a silk cloth". No idea what it does, couldn't find it on the wiki.

All I know is that when I tried to take off my robe to see if it was a wearable item, the game crashed and I lost it.

Anyone know what it does?

Henny

• Bay Watcher
  • Save All 300 Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #4024 on: November 07, 2014, 10:08:28 am »

The options are translated, but it's a mistranslation or placeholder. When you first get on, the choice is actually who rides whom. That's why the second option usually slows you to a crawl.
I suppose this is because some pets have Riding skill, but can anyone think of a single instance where a pet riding you makes sense?
Grey langurs came over to steal something, only to be overcome by terror when they realized that they were stealing +grey langur bone gauntlets+.

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #4025 on: November 07, 2014, 12:42:44 pm »

I would think when you have a pet who can do more damage then you but is weaker defensive and speed wise.
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4026 on: November 07, 2014, 05:36:29 pm »

I got an item called "a silk cloth". No idea what it does, couldn't find it on the wiki.

All I know is that when I tried to take off my robe to see if it was a wearable item, the game crashed and I lost it.

What did it look like? If it was like a few rolls of fabric, it's just a furniture item.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4027 on: November 07, 2014, 07:11:36 pm »

What did it look like? If it was like a few rolls of fabric, it's just a furniture item.

No It was like a pink fireproof blanket with some yellow thing on top.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4028 on: November 07, 2014, 07:43:07 pm »

This thing? Sorry, it's kinda hard to trawl through item sprites with only a vague description.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4029 on: November 07, 2014, 07:55:57 pm »

Yep that's it. Good find. Now what the hell is it?

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4030 on: November 07, 2014, 08:46:24 pm »

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4031 on: November 08, 2014, 02:37:03 am »

Ah sorry, I thought what you meant by "a few rolls of fabric" I thought you meant the blue and pink rolls of fabric you usually find in the slime dungeon.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4032 on: December 02, 2014, 11:50:20 pm »

Didn't see this until like a month later, but it's all good. Aren't those the same item anyway? I forget. No matter, I never take anything out of those set quest maps besides the medals, herbs, and wallets/suitcases.

In bigger news, Elona 1.41fix is out. There was a little trouble involving sprites for Lovecraftian creatures on 1.40 so it was taken down, but fear not, this update is up and it's better than ever. Featuring (thanks AnnaBanana; if that's one of you guys I'll be very impressed)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The platinum cost for skills decrease and the bonus gp/pp/skills from genes make this seem like a better time than ever to restart, especially after the whole AP INI thing.

guessingo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4033 on: December 03, 2014, 12:46:35 am »

what is the value of making a gene and restarting?

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4034 on: December 03, 2014, 01:01:39 am »

The value in restarting is that you get to restart. No really, I think that's basically it. If you don't like your race/class combo, if you want to upgrade from an older version before INI, stuff like that.
Pages: 1 ... 267 268 [269] 270 271 ... 291