Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 163 164 [165] 166 167 ... 709

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1292802 times)

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #2460 on: April 19, 2014, 02:31:19 pm »

MUAHAHAHAHAHAH! I AM A WEED SMOKING, VODKA DRINKING, SHOTGUN TOTING BADASS. I had completed all I could in Zaton, and had to tackle the Iron Forest anomaly. Within it, are a horde of mutated humans and zombies, two controllers, a poltergeist, and a fucking CHIMERA. Through liberal application of chokepoints, grenades, and headshots, I kill them all. ALL SHALL FALL BEFORE ME! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! All is forgiven game. I know you put me through hell, and will again, but dammit when shit like this happens, I love you. Never change.

STALKER: Call of Pripyat, MISERY 2.1 mod. And yes, this mod follows the Cataclysm:DDA drug formula.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #2461 on: April 19, 2014, 04:18:09 pm »

Did a new field. Didn't get much XP from it. Thought to myself, "Well, I paid for the wizards pouch, don't want it to go to waste by ignoring the Survival mode", so I clicked "Survival" instead of "Back to map".
Did well, got enough XP that around wave 75 I thought, "Well, I'm done here, may as well send all waves and kill myself since it's survival." So Ctrl+click the wave marker, and realize that my strike spells are recharging extra fast because waves are being sent early. So I start using all my spells, enhancing rediculous numbers of gems and freezing all the monsters in their tracks; I eventually realize (around wave 180) that my freeze spell is recharging faster than it's wearing off; I can keep monsters frozen indefinitely. And my mana gain beam gems (which is an *own* in and of itself, and my main strategy) are pumping enough mana that I can upgrade the main one (90% orange, 5% white, 5% black) from grade 8 to grade 13. As well, my group-cast strike spell are all earning me XP!

From there, I go several waves (all frozen between my main gem and my orb, permanently) and realize that there are around 8 Shadows on the map! Yikes. Also, several specters and apparitions got frozen in my wake. My main gem, which has reached grade 27 by this point, has 4x specials/damage from poolbound. I set it to killing Highest Banishment/Specials/Flying Ones, since those are on the map in ridiculous quantities and are worth shadow fragments. I'm gaining awesome amounts of XP, far more than I need for the next level, from my group strikes (freeze and curse); I'm ignoring my gem enhancement spells, because even with the lag, I'm barely getting enough time to just hotkey cast my strike spells on the same spot over and over; I'm striking several thousand monsters per cast.

Eventually, wave 999 arrives; evidently, there are no more waves aver #999. Because wave 999 is the last wave, there are no more to call early and cause my freeze spell to recharge so fast. It wears off before I can cast it again, and some thirteen thousand monsters storm my orb and destroy it. But I still win, because endurance. How much XP did I get? So much, it scares me. I go up 60 some levels, to 109. OVER DOUBLE WHAT I HAD BEFORE.

Spoiler: pics (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: game (click to show/hide)
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2462 on: April 19, 2014, 09:45:48 pm »

Did a new field. Didn't get much XP from it. Thought to myself, "Well, I paid for the wizards pouch, don't want it to go to waste by ignoring the Survival mode", so I clicked "Survival" instead of "Back to map".
Did well, got enough XP that around wave 75 I thought, "Well, I'm done here, may as well send all waves and kill myself since it's survival." So Ctrl+click the wave marker, and realize that my strike spells are recharging extra fast because waves are being sent early. So I start using all my spells, enhancing rediculous numbers of gems and freezing all the monsters in their tracks; I eventually realize (around wave 180) that my freeze spell is recharging faster than it's wearing off; I can keep monsters frozen indefinitely. And my mana gain beam gems (which is an *own* in and of itself, and my main strategy) are pumping enough mana that I can upgrade the main one (90% orange, 5% white, 5% black) from grade 8 to grade 13. As well, my group-cast strike spell are all earning me XP!

From there, I go several waves (all frozen between my main gem and my orb, permanently) and realize that there are around 8 Shadows on the map! Yikes. Also, several specters and apparitions got frozen in my wake. My main gem, which has reached grade 27 by this point, has 4x specials/damage from poolbound. I set it to killing Highest Banishment/Specials/Flying Ones, since those are on the map in ridiculous quantities and are worth shadow fragments. I'm gaining awesome amounts of XP, far more than I need for the next level, from my group strikes (freeze and curse); I'm ignoring my gem enhancement spells, because even with the lag, I'm barely getting enough time to just hotkey cast my strike spells on the same spot over and over; I'm striking several thousand monsters per cast.

Eventually, wave 999 arrives; evidently, there are no more waves aver #999. Because wave 999 is the last wave, there are no more to call early and cause my freeze spell to recharge so fast. It wears off before I can cast it again, and some thirteen thousand monsters storm my orb and destroy it. But I still win, because endurance. How much XP did I get? So much, it scares me. I go up 60 some levels, to 109. OVER DOUBLE WHAT I HAD BEFORE.

Spoiler: pics (click to show/hide)
How low did your fps get?

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2463 on: April 19, 2014, 09:51:28 pm »

I don't know for sure, but my best guesses:
5, on average.
2 when I had 8 beams out plus multiple bolts.
15 at times, when I would accidentally press Q instead of 1, and had to press it twice more to get back to slow; once at slow again, FPS would momentarily increase.
The Cyan Menace

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2464 on: April 20, 2014, 04:28:45 pm »

Attacked by a Zanuka Hunter in Warframe.

There was only one other person in the party, all I had was a lightly modded Strun and a Ceramic Dagger. My partner had to go back off once or twice to recharge their shields, and I was basically just nickel-and-diming it, but it still went down.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2465 on: April 20, 2014, 08:23:24 pm »

I beat the secret ending after less than 10 tries.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #2466 on: April 20, 2014, 08:41:49 pm »

I beat the secret ending after less than 10 tries.

._.
How. I didn't even.
Even the start of that I need full life and.
How.
I mean I can't even get to the end at full-...

wer6

• Bay Watcher
  • SCOUT DOESNT WANNA GIVE A KISS
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
« Reply #2467 on: April 20, 2014, 08:43:36 pm »

As I chose Fox-Fanservice thing, I decided, why hteh ell not, ti might be better then ayla

about 30 mins later everyone else is ATLEAST twice the level of me, and im being murdered left and right.
I find this the gnaw who was a pain in everyones ass at our tema,(( we only have one turret left because of him)) he had low as fuck health, but me doing a stupid fuck, i have barely any damage, but i somehow manage to pull of murdering both him, the seven or six drones, and the squid with a anchor, and was promptly murdered to the nine hells by the... whatever hsi name that rides on a pufferfish.

Even though we lost, I'd say i won that little bit there.
Just before leaving, Psysquid quickly summons a Burrito in his mouth.

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2468 on: April 20, 2014, 10:47:02 pm »

There was only one other person in the party, all I had was a lightly modded Strun and a Ceramic Dagger. My partner had to go back off once or twice to recharge their shields, and I was basically just nickel-and-diming it, but it still went down.
That game any good? A friend recommended it, and the reviews, while mediocre, basically said it was a great game with technical challenges that hadn't been smoothed out yet.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2469 on: April 20, 2014, 10:58:12 pm »

That game any good? A friend recommended it, and the reviews, while mediocre, basically said it was a great game with technical challenges that hadn't been smoothed out yet.

It's free-to-play, if that's a concern.

It's alright, though it can be pretty grindy.

Edit: Wow, this was the least informative review I have ever written.

I'll try this again. We have a thread already, if you want to poke around it.

« Last Edit: April 21, 2014, 11:00:41 am by BlackFlyme »

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2470 on: April 22, 2014, 12:14:28 am »

Beat Ocarina of Time. Not the most challenging game but by God is it long.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #2471 on: April 22, 2014, 12:18:16 am »

lolllll try playing master sword edition. You will want to break things (not actually, but it can be confusing :p).

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2472 on: April 22, 2014, 12:50:44 am »

lolllll try playing master sword edition. You will want to break things (not actually, but it can be confusing :p).
That's "Master Quest" edition. Both editions feature the Master Sword.
Sorry. Don't mean to be argumentative, but that's one of the few things that truly bug me, along with bad kerning (blame XKCD).
The Cyan Menace

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #2473 on: April 22, 2014, 03:55:27 am »

Decided to fix my wii after a year and a half of ignoring it. open up Monster hunter, trying to figure out where i left off - slay the lagiacrus.
Thought 'screw it', went for it. 30 minutes later and I was chopping away at its corpse, having failed to die at all. After a year and a half without practice.  8)

My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #2474 on: April 22, 2014, 10:26:38 am »

That's "Master Quest" edition. Both editions feature the Master Sword.
Sorry. Don't mean to be argumentative, but that's one of the few things that truly bug me, along with bad kerning (blame XKCD).
I know they both have the master sword, it was just a mistake.
Pages: 1 ... 163 164 [165] 166 167 ... 709