Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 298

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress  (Read 1169359 times)

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress
« Reply #1125 on: June 20, 2011, 09:27:54 am »

Now maybe Cats will be able to clean the several layers of crud off of things.

What could possibly go wrong when cat licks off some FB blood from its paws and swallows it...

Well, for one, perhaps the cat could become a wereforgottenbeast.

I've lost track of the things that will be in this release. There is TOO MANY

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: June 20, 2011, 12:18:11 pm »

• Giant-ass cities
  • Dungeons, catacombs, sewers
  • Regional curses, necromancers, tomb-monuments and their mummy-esque denizens, werewolves, vampires, ghosts and haunted houses, frankensteiny things, possibly more night creature types by the release
  • Expansion of the syndrome system into the vastly more powerful "interaction" system
  • Kiwis, squid, red pandas, ostriches, narwhals, peregrine falcons, giant tortoises, armadillos, with associated new tags
  • Cabochons!
Miss anything?
« Last Edit: June 20, 2011, 12:20:11 pm by Untelligent »
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #1127 on: June 20, 2011, 12:26:47 pm »

Astrix-men for each of those, I suspect.

I for one am really looking forward to a monster drive.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Jothki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: June 20, 2011, 12:49:31 pm »

How exactly are interactions being handled? Is there a single action that handles all types of interactions, or is there a seperate action for every possible interaction? Will adventurers be able to perform interactions if their species is capable of them?

Khym Chanur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: June 20, 2011, 01:06:45 pm »

Now I want to see an FB whose description reads "Beware its deadly head bumps!"

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: June 20, 2011, 04:22:32 pm »

How much do cats actually digest of stuff they are cleaning? I don't THINK they actually injest it... but I am not sure.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #1131 on: June 20, 2011, 04:26:22 pm »

How much do cats actually digest of stuff they are cleaning? I don't THINK they actually injest it... but I am not sure.

I think I know what you're talking about.

Hmm... A dwarven pet that wanders around and rubs up against people. Too bad elves are allergic to it. Caustically so.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Xaft

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: June 20, 2011, 04:46:47 pm »

oh my god. someone has to mod in a syndrome that produces a happy thought, unless the animal that causes it is hated by the dwarf that gets the syndrome. i mean seriously, most people that dont hate cats(or are allergic) get a warm fuzzy feeling when a kitty rubs up against them, it just makes sense.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: June 20, 2011, 04:51:31 pm »

Hairballs suggest that they swallow quite a bit.

Dae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: June 20, 2011, 05:18:01 pm »

Hairballs suggest that they swallow quite a bit.
A "That's what she said" would be particularly inappropriate here, I guess. Oh, well.

Toady, with the new "cleaning" effect in, will you update soap so it uses the new cleaning tag ? Also, does cleaning only remove layers of dirst/blood/whatever or does it have real medical properties, like prevening infections ? Will we be able to mod in adventurer reactions for cleaning wounds ?

If you're trying to understand the deep reason to my question, it would allow reactions of the type "rub yourself with said object/material". And when these are done, not only do they substantially expand modding capacity (allowing on top of my head modding in warpaintings), but they make coating an object with a material a much lower hanging fruit. What I'm failing to do here is subliminally pushing Toady into a possibly awesome feature creep. Sorry about that.

PlainTextMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Babbler
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: June 20, 2011, 07:45:44 pm »

Toady, with the new "cleaning" effect in, will you update soap so it uses the new cleaning tag ? Also, does cleaning only remove layers of dirst/blood/whatever or does it have real medical properties, like prevening infections ? Will we be able to mod in adventurer reactions for cleaning wounds ?

If you're trying to understand the deep reason to my question, it would allow reactions of the type "rub yourself with said object/material". And when these are done, not only do they substantially expand modding capacity (allowing on top of my head modding in warpaintings), but they make coating an object with a material a much lower hanging fruit. What I'm failing to do here is subliminally pushing Toady into a possibly awesome feature creep. Sorry about that.

The awesome would exist if that could be.
Quote from: Loud Whispers link=topic=95349.0
5. You haz rage and you must punch things, but you haz no arms. Pray to ARMOK - Dwarf Mantra
This is an exceptional Post, well crafted with paragraphs and encrusted with attempted punctuation, bad non-native-English-speaker glitches. May exhibit great insight and/or stupidity.
Quote from: Aramco link=topic=81421.msg2149268#msg2149268
I hate English. It may be my first language, but I hate it. It doesn't make any sense.

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: June 20, 2011, 09:48:23 pm »

With the brief material breath attack rewrite, is the minor bug where liquid glob attacks shoot out solid globs instead fixed?

I suppose it's not that important, but it's something that's been bothering me since 31.01.
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: June 21, 2011, 01:44:39 am »

With the brief material breath attack rewrite, is the minor bug where liquid glob attacks shoot out solid globs instead fixed?

I suppose it's not that important, but it's something that's been bothering me since 31.01.

I kinda wish the solid globs that are supposed to be solid globs would have more force.

Caldfir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: June 21, 2011, 03:24:25 am »

I hope firebreath/randombreath/webs/fireballs/flows get merged to the point where they all work within a system that is understandable.  Dragonbreath being magic nuclear instadeath (unless you block it!) seems kinda crazy, and almost all the other attacks are messed up in one way or another.  It would be especially nice to make some forgotten beast silk socks for Urist to wear to the prom. 
where is up?

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: June 21, 2011, 05:33:07 am »

I hope firebreath/randombreath/webs/fireballs/flows get merged to the point where they all work within a system that is understandable.  Dragonbreath being magic nuclear instadeath (unless you block it!) seems kinda crazy, and almost all the other attacks are messed up in one way or another.  It would be especially nice to make some forgotten beast silk socks for Urist to wear to the prom.
It would also be nice to have proms for urist to wear his nice silk socks to.
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 298