Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 812 813 [814] 815 816 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1233942 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends - Patch 3.11 - Lucian, the Purifier
« Reply #12195 on: September 25, 2013, 02:15:32 pm »

... all I can really say is that the professional games are generally pretty fun to watch. Which... is enough for me. Half the time (more than?) I like watching DotA ripoffs more than I actually like playing them, ha. All the pretty colors and neat tricks without the tedium of having to actually do them.

Still, I mostly play bots (and often beginner bots), so when the meta comes up I usually just go, "... bots, buddy. It really doesn't matter." And it really doesn't, not if you're intending to mostly play co-op.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12196 on: September 25, 2013, 02:24:16 pm »

Speaking of professional games, I just watched the first Royal v. OMG match, and holy cannoli but that was a big turnaround.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #12197 on: September 25, 2013, 05:48:59 pm »

I just feel like, at low level solo queue, player skill or lack thereof is much more significant than champ choice, and you shouldn't feel constrained to pick a champ you're not good at to fit the meta.  Even hard counters are iffy, I've stomped free week Zed and Talon mid with guys like TF, because counterplay requires good play.  There's such a disparity in skill levels at low level that I don't think the meta, counters, even builds to some degree matters as much as which team capitalizes on the other's mistakes.

Shoes...

Sharp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12198 on: September 25, 2013, 05:56:28 pm »

Meh I tried smurfing but it's so boring, people just pick what they want, I just go Nunu jungle because at low summoner level he is still pretty OP, win game rinse-repeat, there isn't really a challenge in the game, can't really try out new strats because generally people are bad and it takes so long, I think I only got to lvl 11 and then I just got bored.

Of course one time when I tried to set up a smurf on NA server I went jungle malphite which is horrible without runes/masteries and had to get carried by my newbie team. I only seem to have fun when I do badly in smurfing.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12199 on: September 25, 2013, 06:48:29 pm »

I'm getting to the point where I'm tempted to just make a jungle build for every champion I play, regardless of how well it works, because going lane gives you about a 45% chance of being 1v2 in a combo that lets them force you out of exp range and farm freely, and a 40% chance of being 2v2 with a... person who either keeps rushing and feeding, or who hides behind the turret/in bushes when you're picking a low-health counterpart/being ganked. ;.;

I swear, I just had a game where I was top Akali with a Yi (who had a skin, so he wasn't a free-weeker, either) against a Zed/Ashe duo. They set up a good positioning where Zed would keep pushing me back off farm while Ashe farmed freely. Yi would hide in the bushes not even trying to farm or assist. Naturally I'd get low enough from trading pokes 1v2 that they'd make a play on me. Sometimes I made it out, sometimes I didn't. From time to time I'd make my own play and get Ashe or Zed very low but have to withdraw to stay alive. Every single time, Yi would hide and not help. When I was the aggressor, he'd wait until I'd died or recalled, then jump out and steal the kill, then either die or run away.

After Ashe had been fed by uncontested farm and a couple kills on me, Yi bailed and went duo mid, where he did the same thing (while I was at spawn buying items, no less, leaving top undefended). About thirty seconds later our outer top tower fell. He them had the gall to blame me for Ashe and Zed having control, and for Ashe being over-leveled. Le sigh.

Mind, though, that we actually won that one, mostly because their top rotated and I started farming jungle, stole a couple buffs, and got a solo dragon kill, which let me build up enough to start bursting people down, at which point I grabbed about six kills in short succession. We turned the game around on them with a teamfight that went 4-0 our favor followed by a quick Baron.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12200 on: September 25, 2013, 07:28:51 pm »

Oh man. Just had the bestest game as Warwick in ARAM. Was on a pretty long losing streak, and the last time I got ww I tried building him some quasi-AP thing that did not work at all. The last few times I got other tanks/semi-tanks, I tried doing weird stuff on them that didn't work either.

So this time, I decided to go full regen tank. Emblem, orb of winter, spirit visage, I don't even remember if I figured out what boots to buy.

It was glorious. Waltzing around in the front lines not giving a damn, gnawing on whoever we were attacking without a care in the world. I routinely stood in their Fiddlestick's ult and didn't particularly feel it. He'd jump out and yell "SURPRISE!", I'd go "YAAAAAAAAY!" and then go gnaw on his face to distract and pressure him. I rarely even got a chance to use my ult, though that was partially because we also had a Shen locking people down.

Meh I tried smurfing but it's so boring, people just pick what they want, I just go Nunu jungle because at low summoner level he is still pretty OP, win game rinse-repeat, there isn't really a challenge in the game, can't really try out new strats because generally people are bad and it takes so long, I think I only got to lvl 11 and then I just got bored.

Of course one time when I tried to set up a smurf on NA server I went jungle malphite which is horrible without runes/masteries and had to get carried by my newbie team. I only seem to have fun when I do badly in smurfing.
To be honest spectating such games would probably do just as well, but I've been tempted to make a smurf for the express purpose of dropping them to the bottom of Bronze V and keeping them there. For some reason really, really awful games sound fascinating to watch.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Sharp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12201 on: September 25, 2013, 08:11:02 pm »

If you just want to win normal games at low summoner levels (like 1-20) then just go jungle nunu, build spirit of spectral wraith, with nunu's consume you can jungle fairly well even without runes and masteries and normally enemy team don't have junglers so you can take their buffs as well. Can build Liandry's, Sunfire Cape, Rabadon's and Lichbane.

Snowballs do a lot of damage with a fairly short cooldown and with consume once you have spell-vamp it heals even more so it's very easy to bait enemy into attacking you to then just consume a minion and get so much health, spell vamp works with smite as well for a nice little boost when minions are a bit further away. The only thing is that Nunu has high mana costs so make sure you always have blue buff.

If there is an enemy jungle then with Nunu you can always invade their jungle and steal their buffs and then kill them. Always best to steal then kill instead of let them having it and then kill so they don't get xp.

Of course thats just if you want an easy victory to level up faster, if you want to have fun then go random :P

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #12202 on: September 25, 2013, 10:23:57 pm »

To be honest spectating such games would probably do just as well, but I've been tempted to make a smurf for the express purpose of dropping them to the bottom of Bronze V and keeping them there. For some reason really, really awful games sound fascinating to watch.
I've done this...

Man, it's difficult to decide. On the one hand, you see a lot of turnarounds in the game. On the other hand, they're really toxic. They blame their teammates, don't listen, call you names, etc. Like, it can get ugly.

But, it did teach me a lot. You see lots of mistakes and issues that players make, and it helps to see it in yourself.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12203 on: September 26, 2013, 09:04:02 pm »

the new info about the new champion that comes has been revealed http://beta.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/news/champions-skins/champion-reveal/jinx-loose-cannon-revealed

"Jinx The Loose Cannon"

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #12204 on: September 26, 2013, 09:07:40 pm »

It kinda sucks that we're getting another marksman, but she looks really cool. I also like how she doesn't have any escape moves.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12205 on: September 26, 2013, 09:11:34 pm »

She does look cool. Hope her soundset is appropriately maniacal.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #12206 on: September 26, 2013, 09:21:59 pm »

I find it interesting that they're releasing two marksmen back to back. But hey, Jinx looks seriously fun. Cross map rockets are going to feel so fucking satisfying.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #12207 on: September 26, 2013, 09:38:56 pm »

She looks pretty maniacal.
It seems Team Global could use her, since other globals(Trueshot Barrage, ECA, Draven's ult...) are not executing moves, while Jinx's is one, probably deals tons of damage.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #12208 on: September 27, 2013, 12:59:01 am »

Her kit seems a little incoherent, but that's probably part of the appeal.  And there's not a super huge array of possible roles for a champ to play.  As long as it's not a supermobile mid assassin or the much-maligned cookie cutter tanky DPS I'm fine.

At least they seem to be finally moving away from the latter, though I'm not so sure about some of the champs they've made.  I like Draven a lot and I would get him if I had someone to play support with me, but as I've said before I hate to shackle myself to randoms in lane.  Other champs like Syndra just seem kind of strange.  They've been getting pretty weird with mechanics for a lot of champs since people started complaining about the stream of identical bruisers.
Shoes...

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #12209 on: September 27, 2013, 01:39:59 am »

Jinx's concept could've made for a great support-y thing. Right now Trundle is the only real debuff champion. There's so many neat debuffs to explore other than "Can't move"  or "Can't attack or cast spells". Cooldown extensions to shut down combo champions like Orianna, making mana costs come from health for a bit, switching armor and mr, increasing damage taken at the cost of increasing damage dealt. There's so much cool stuff to do.
Pages: 1 ... 812 813 [814] 815 816 ... 1067