Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 360 361 [362] 363 364 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1224610 times)

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Shyvana, the Half-Dragon - 1.0.0.128
« Reply #5415 on: November 10, 2011, 07:51:52 pm »

Fizz art spotlight.

Also, red posts from Xypherous talking about him a bit more in depth.

On one hand I feel like I shouldn't be excited for him. On the other hand I'm excited for him. A melee assassin that scales with AP and does sustained damage? That's almost the exact opposite of the characters considered strong right now. Plus he's bouncy. I'm intrigued.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5416 on: November 10, 2011, 08:10:32 pm »

I don't understand how someone can do sustained damage and be an assassin. The only thing it can mean is sustained super damage, which isn't all that different from burst damage.

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5417 on: November 10, 2011, 09:07:50 pm »

All I can think of is where do you put Fiddlesticks and Malzahar in there?

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5418 on: November 10, 2011, 10:07:13 pm »

I need to play Ryze more. I really dislike Jax that much.
Also often called Boowells.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #5419 on: November 10, 2011, 10:58:29 pm »

I don't understand how someone can do sustained damage and be an assassin. The only thing it can mean is sustained super damage, which isn't all that different from burst damage.

I'm assuming it's not super sustained, more like it takes a few seconds to die rather than the 0.5 seconds talon/akali/etc get you.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #5420 on: November 10, 2011, 11:02:09 pm »

Today's been a weird day- Support Veigar (not intentional! Graves kept taking my kills!), five-minute third-place Zilean loss, and first-place carry-Maokai loss.

I'm already sitting several matches below 50% on both maps, and nothing I do can fix it. Can't support my way to a win, can't carry my way to a win (and in a sense, tank my way), where do I go from here?

Premades, premades everywhere. Or improve your skills so that you can carry to a win, since you really should be able to do that. Possibly abuse OP champions.

I'm 70+ wins over losses and those are my main techniques.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #5421 on: November 10, 2011, 11:09:11 pm »

I can't bring myself to abuse OP champions, so I guess I see where my fault lies.  ::)

That, and being unable to play AD champions. AP, support, tank, all feel nice and cozy. AD? Why am I autoattacking this does no damage whoops I'm dead. Carrying to a win is kinda hard with AP champions, it seems, unless you're tanky caster, and save for a few cases (Akali, maybe Sion), AD champions carry that much better.

Note to self- get more friends. Maybe that'll pull me out of the rut.
BD Yi all day every day.

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5422 on: November 10, 2011, 11:13:09 pm »

How the fuck is Olaf supposed to be balanced? His W does over 300 in true damage, has a 3 second cooldown, and there's almost no reason to build him anything other than tanky which means he's nigh unkillable while being able to destroy absolutely everything.
I know Umiman theory-crafted him a while back, but this is just ridiculous.

Also, it's kind of funny I'm playing Olaf to pass the time until Skyrim unlocks. Ohoho, vikings.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5423 on: November 10, 2011, 11:16:20 pm »

How the fuck is Olaf supposed to be balanced? His W does over 300 in true damage, has a 3 second cooldown, and there's almost no reason to build him anything other than tanky which means he's nigh unkillable while being able to destroy absolutely everything.

Also, it's kind of funny I'm playing Olaf to pass the time until Skyrim unlocks. Ohoho, vikings.
Basically, the guy never dies. 1v1? No chance. He'll just tank everything and lightning bolt and axe throw and walk past your cc. Then laugh as he true damages your face.

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5424 on: November 10, 2011, 11:19:03 pm »

Basically, the guy never dies. 1v1? No chance. He'll just tank everything and lightning bolt and axe throw and walk past your cc. Then laugh as he true damages your face.
Even 3v1, unless you're up against pure damage champions with no CC, you're still almost guaranteed to win late game.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #5425 on: November 10, 2011, 11:36:19 pm »

Playing in the PBE.  I love Lee Sin, he's awesome.
Shoes...

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5426 on: November 10, 2011, 11:46:40 pm »

Have you watched lilo & stitch?

Going by that, he will take the form of an "experiment"

I suppose that one of those experiments lasts a really short time, but does immense dps.

Like a yi ult.

another ability makes him sustainier, with a slow. so like mini lifesteal phage.

Third ability makes him regenerate hp in a small burst, while closing gaps.
A veritable wave of capri-sun.

Ult (if he has one,) is all three abilities in one, though possibly slightly weaker.
and using the lowest duration of his other abilities.

Natural movespeed 320, minimum.
Passive regenerates "mana" when not in a form?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5427 on: November 11, 2011, 12:19:16 am »

Playing in the PBE.  I love Lee Sin, he's awesome.
Wanna aim Lee Sin abilities at each other and watch him kick himself repeatedly?

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5428 on: November 11, 2011, 04:04:26 am »

Kind of surprised about this, means my friend with 1647 is already within the top 3%.

Occupy ELO over 1800, we are the 99%!

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5429 on: November 11, 2011, 09:49:41 am »

Guesses about Fizz's abilities.
Well, they've more-or-less released his abilities. It looks like his sustained damage will mean he has the ability to deal damage (theoretically smaller amounts than a normal assassin) while avoiding damage and/or having multiple gap closers. Plus a shark that EATS MINIONS.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.
Pages: 1 ... 360 361 [362] 363 364 ... 1067