Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 570 571 [572] 573 574 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1233762 times)

Carcanken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Tried Draven out on the PBE.

Honestly, he doesnt seem that good, you cant really get alot of attacks off while your running to catch the axes.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile

I think Ashe should ideally be the one getting fed.

Only if you can control the enemy team!
If you can't, you shouldn't be playing Ashe. Ashe is all about kiting, so you are supposed to control the enemy team's movements while you fight them. The only time you can't do this is if someone has more range than you or get cced. The range issue is less important, since you have a fairly big range, and if you get a shot on them, then you're controlling the fight again. The cc thing is very important, because now your cc is less effective in the fight.

Ashe can control a majority of fights. She, however, cannot control Master Yi or Olaf, who are likely going to murder your faces at the first sight. She has a tougher time controlling Riven and Ahri, with all their mobility. She has a tougher time controlling Anivia, Lux and Xerath because of their cc and/or range.

So, feeding your other champs may be a good idea if you have a Master Yi or Olaf, and might help in some other cases, because those first two will remove you from a fight, no questions asked. Master Yi at least is able to get stunned, so you can remove him before he removes you. Olaf, though... :(

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile

God, I love laning mid with Miss Fortune against 90% of the ranged champs out there. I can own almost anyone but Graves (that dash + high dmg output causes me no end of trouble).

Ryze is probably my favorite to see in my lane, because I know I'm going to completely stomp him. Had one last night, had 2 kills and pushed mid all the way to their inhib tower before either outer lane had dropped even a single tower. Went top to help them out as they were getting pushed back. Two more assists. At this point, I became public enemy #1 to the enemy team, as they hunted me mercilessly. Still won, because while they were off bottom trying to win a teamfight, I teleported top lane and mowed through the minion waves and towers.

Her E (with about 100 AP behind it) just about clears out an entire wave in one shot, because once a wave stops moving, they arrange themselves in a pattern that just fits inside the strike circle for Make It Rain. Then W triggers her autoattack steroid and hammers down a tower about as fast as Master Yi or Teemo.

Beautiful part is that it won the teamfight for us, cause two of them started to peel away to stop me, which left 4v3 in our favor. Then as that started to go bad for them, one of the 2 returned to the fight, only to get wiped out, and the remaining one teleported over to stop me and got mowed down by my ult.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

baruk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ryze is probably my favorite to see in my lane, because I know I'm going to completely stomp him.

I would have thought a Ryze with an early frozen heart might give you a tough fight.

baruk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ryze never gets an early Frozen Heart. That's a lot of money not going to mana, magic pen, or mres. I've found that ideally, you should be going tear > boots (1) > catalyst > boots(2)/Glacial shroud > RoA/Banshee > whatever else here, though I usually grab a Haunting Guise if the enemy's not stacking on the resists.

In general, yes. But a Ryze laning against miss fortune might want to prioritise the glacial shroud over tear of the goddess.

Jelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I used to play this game quite a bit. Picked it up again just now, friend RagingCarebear if you care to play some games with me. Sadly don't remember my old account information so I'm playing a brand new one

Got to say I'm well impressed with this dominion gamemode. It's unfortunate riot doesn't make more things like this, it's obvious they're capable of it.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 01:00:32 pm by Jelle »

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel

I used to play this game quite a bit. Picked it up again just now, friend RagingCarebear if you care to play some games with me. Sadly don't remember my old account information so I'm playing a brand new one

Got to say I'm well impressed with this dominion gamemode. It's unfortunate riot doesn't make more things like this, it's obvious they're capable of it.

They don't get money from doing so. Cheaper to make a good gamemode/map once every year or two to attract new players/keep old ones. But new maps are risky, since they can end up being a new TT or Magma Chambers.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects

Any tips to a complete noob who just bought gangplank as his first? I just have no idea if any of the builds Ive found are reasonable. At least my friends laughed when I told them of the build with 3 infinity edges I found so Im not sure what build to trust to be good. :S
[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile

Any tips to a complete noob who just bought gangplank as his first? I just have no idea if any of the builds Ive found are reasonable. At least my friends laughed when I told them of the build with 3 infinity edges I found so Im not sure what build to trust to be good. :S
Don't build 3 infinity edges. The passive only works from one.

Jelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Eh can't go wrong with trinity force to empower those ranged attacks methinks. I'd build him tanky with crit, atma's impaler and trinity force as core.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel

UNIQUE passives, auras and actives don't stack. So while Tiamat's splash damage passive isn't unique, you can get 5 of them and have your attacks splash for 250% of the damage, but 5 Infinity Edges don't give you +250% more crit dmg, only the +50%.

Right now the most used, and boring if you ask me, is to build a tankplank: Warmog's Armor for HP, Trinity Force for all stats and the passive, Atma's Impaler to turn that health you got into damage, Infinity Edge for the damage and Maw of Malmortius for the Magic Resist and the excellent damage. Although it is an expensive build, Parrrley gives you extra gold if you last hit with it, and as GP you usually farm a lot so that helps. It is very effective, but pretty much every Gangplank that builds him to win games instead of to have fun, is going to build like so.

For fun? I suggest you these;

AoE damage:
Do boots + 5 Tiamats (or 4 Tiamats and IE), use Parrrley on a minion in teamfights and watch as the enemy team gets blown up with 1 shot.

Super Heals, strong Parrrley and devastating ultimate:
Ability Power. Get Tear of the Goddess, Boots & Kage's pick at first, then Sheen, then Deathfire Grasp, Lichbane, Rabadon's Deathcap, Archangel Staff and an optional AP item of choice, such as another AA staff or Rylai's Scepter. Lichbane is activated when you start Parrrley cast, and applied when the bullet hits, meaning that every 2 seconds you have a Parrrley that deals easily +600 damage. Without critting.

Crits r' Fun:
Boots and Vamp Scepter, Phantom Dancer x 2, IE, Maw of Malmortius, Bloodthirster. You hit like a truck with that gun, and you autoattack as fast as a jackhammer. Although not durable, lifesteal and insane dmg is always fun.

Aurawhorepirate:
Stack items with auras and activatable AoE skills. Shurelya's Reverie, Locket of the Iron Solari, Randuim's Omen, Zeke's Herald, Aegis of the Legion, Soul Shroud and Frozen Heart all fit for his tanky nature. His E and ultimate also make him a great support.

Although these might not look like the most optimal GP builds, they are the most fun.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile

I'm assuming you're going solo top. I remember when jungleplank was all the rage (I love jungleplank so much) but his jungle has suffered far more from his repeated nerfs than his top has.

In lane you're going to want to prioritize a wriggles and a sheen (and a philostone if you need the sustain). Max Q first if you're winning and farming easily, max W first if you're losing and need to sustain/cleanse, max E first most of the time. Now you're going to want to get tanky. I recommend Phage. You can pick up a giant's belt too, since it can either go into Warmog's or into Frozen Mallet.

Gangplank's core is pretty much Triforce + Atmogs. He is the best metagolem. If you need to tank you can focus on things like Frozen Mallet for CC, if you're getting fed then you can grab things like Infinity Edge and Yoummu's Ghostblade. Don't get a phantom dancer, get a ghostblade. Remember the active. It's overpowered.

You can pretty much build anything except AP, though typically attack speed items aren't as good on him as other melees (Irelia etc) but Wit's End might be good if you need something like it.

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I dunno man, phantom dancer is not a bad item on pirate... Like yi, he can go to work without building more base AD using just a phantom dancer.

Then you need black cleaver to follow up the meeleeism though.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile

Squishy melee gangplank rarely sounds like a good idea to me. You have to get really really fed to do it, because otherwise you get kited and destroyed immediately. He lacks the hard gap closers, huge damage prevention, and ridiculous steroids of the squishy melee ADs, and attack speed is completely irrelevant to your Q, so I prefer to build mine into the ghostblade active so I can get the burst when I get into melee range.

Also, I feel ghostblade is generally better on melees than phantom dancer even when they can deal with phantom dancer. In my opinion, PD is the yoummu's for either ranged ADs who need the constant and more reliable stats rather than burst stickiness, or people who don't remember their ghostblade active.

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects

Thanks for the help everyne!

Poh: This is first time I saw someone suggesting maxing E first, could you tell me a bit more about why you suggest that.
[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.
Pages: 1 ... 570 571 [572] 573 574 ... 1067