Attack a weak caravan
- 5 (45.5%)
Loiter at our tower
- 1 (9.1%)
Other (specify in post
- 1 (9.1%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 38

Author Topic: Reversed Roles: A D&D 3.5 Campaign  (Read 45729 times)

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
Re: Reversed Roles: A D&D 3.5 Campaign
« Reply #75 on: May 25, 2011, 06:35:24 pm »

I think Quickness is a little too overpowered.

Spoiler: Raw Choker Statistics (click to show/hide)
Are these roughly balanced? They add to +4. I can make that +2 if I need to.

I'd prefer if it was closer to 0 for each individual stat, like this:
Spoiler: Raw Choker Statistics (click to show/hide)
Quickness is a little overpowered, I admit. How about these changes?

Stats: +4 Strength, +4 Dex, +2 Con, -6 Int, +2 Wis, -4 Cha
Quickness: Instead of 'bonus move/standard action', it becomes 'extra attack/grapple at highest BAB'. No spell-spamming cheese, basically.

I'm thinking that the class Knight from the PH2 would be neat. I've never tried it before.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Lord Braindead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 25, 2011, 07:32:11 pm »

I would like to join this if you are still accepting players.

Regarding my character i have currently two ideas.

1. Demon
Starting out as a Lemure and getting promoted to stronger forms for XP.
Biggest problem would be that Lemures have the mental capabilities of a brick, Nuperribos aren't much smarter and the Horned Devil would obviously be to strong.
Most of the Demon stats are found in "Fiendish Codex II" and i found stats for a Lemure here.

2. Kobold Dread Necromancer
Pretty self-explaining. See "Heroes of Horror" for the class.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 25, 2011, 07:47:09 pm »

For demons, there's also the option of a Quasit, which is essentially an imp. But we've already got someone playing an imp.

Aarph: The more I think about it, the more awsome playing a puppeteer sounds. Yes/no on playing one?

choobakka

• Bay Watcher
  • The same thing we do every night, Pinky...
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 25, 2011, 07:55:22 pm »

The more I hear about this, the more I want to join. OK, so they work. Now, how does the whole thing work? Can't figure out a race... Do they need to be humanoid? ...Can I be the Tarrasque?

Decided to be a gnoll. Normal bonuses/penalties: Str+4, Dex+0, Con+2, Int -2, Wis+0, Cha -2.
Homebrewed bonuses/penalties: Str+2, everything else the same.

Thinking of being a barbarian. Or maybe a ranger.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2011, 08:38:36 pm by choobakka »

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 25, 2011, 08:41:42 pm »

Woo! Finally got internet on my computer again! Looking back through the posts...

@ Grek
Puppeteer: Approved! However, there needs to be rules on what happens if your puppet dies. I'm thinking something like what happens when a sorcerer's familiar dies. I'll have to think on that one.

@ Braindead
Playing a demon might work, but at what point would you upgrade demonicosity? Also there's the problem about Lemures being as stupid as they are. Dread Necromancer might work better, though I don't have access to the book you mentioned.

@ Barbarossa
+4 Strength, +4 Dex, +2 Con, -6 Int, +2 Wis, -4 Cha is still taking the stats to extremes. I don't want you to end up with 5 int and 20 strength, so I'm saying it'll have to be either +4 Strength, +2 Dex, +2 Con, -4 Int, +2 Wis, -4 Cha or +2 Strength, +4 Dex, +2 Con, -4 Int, +2 Wis, -4 Cha. Sorry about changing it, but I don't want the race to be quite that unbalanced.

If everyone wouldn't mind, it would be nice to have all the approved content consolidated in one post. Could everyone put a spoiler on their race like so:

Spoiler: Tiefling Example (click to show/hide)

and then I'll put them in the OP. And - finally - I have the map!

Spoiler:  El Map-o (click to show/hide)

@ Choobakka
Sorry, but I'm gonna have to veto anything involving a swarm. They can't talk, they're multiple creatures, etc. Other awakened animals might be fine, though.

Edit:
The more I hear about this, the more I want to join. OK, so they work. Now, how does the whole thing work? Can't figure out a race... Do they need to be humanoid? ...Can I be the Tarrasque?

Ok, how about a compromise. You can be the uber-powerful Tarrasque if you're willing to make your character constantly hide in shadows, make it eye-level with humans, have it adopt a naive and childlike demeanor, and -- oh, let's just say it also needs to carry around a Hello Kitty umbrella at all times.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2011, 08:46:49 pm by Araph »

choobakka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 25, 2011, 08:50:38 pm »

I'm being a gnoll now. Because it's easier.
Gnoll Stats:

Strength +2, Constitution +2, Intelligence -2, Charisma -2.
Size Medium.
A gnoll’s base land speed is 30 feet.
Darkvision out to 60 feet.
Racial Hit Dice: A gnoll begins with two levels of humanoid, which provide 2d8 Hit Dice, a base attack bonus of +1, and base saving throw bonuses of Fort +3, Ref +0, and Will +0.
Racial Skills: A gnoll’s humanoid levels give it skill points equal to 5 × (2 + Int modifier). Its class skills are Listen and Spot.
Racial Feats: A gnoll’s humanoid levels give it one feat.
+1 natural armor bonus.
Automatic Languages: Gnoll. Bonus Languages: Common, Draconic, Elven, Goblin, Orc.
Favored Class: Ranger.
Level adjustment +1.

How's that sound? And can I give my character common? I got Int of 5, so there's no way I could get it as a bonus language...

Also: SRD for monster races.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2011, 08:54:34 pm by choobakka »

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 25, 2011, 08:57:08 pm »

You'll need to change the gnoll until it's LA 0. Take off the levels of humanoid, and add a racial Spot and Listen modifier of +2 and I'll pass it.

Spoiler:  Acceptable Gnoll (click to show/hide)

choobakka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 25, 2011, 08:58:53 pm »

Sounds good. And can i get common as a language?

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 25, 2011, 09:01:53 pm »

Oh, I forgot about that. Common is an automatic language for everyone as of now.

choobakka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 25, 2011, 09:17:45 pm »

Still working on sheet - It'll be done tomorrow.

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 25, 2011, 09:36:44 pm »

On a note somewhat unrelated to character creation, encounters will not be the only sources of exp. Roleplaying exp will be given out like candy at a carnival, by which I mean you have to buy it. With roleplaying. Also, backstories! If you want your character to have a backstory, PM me about it and we'll figure out how it'll fit in with the whole kerfuffle we're starting here. Again also, journals! Post a journal after each session and you'll get 150 exp per level per journal. It sounds a bit stupid, but it helps flesh out your characters. I mean, unless you're a monkey or crab, in which case it's more just what you were thinking after the events of the however-long-the-session-was.

Finally, what times and days work for everyone? We need to decide when we'll be able to meet. Because Summer is almost here, any day except Sunday will work for me. I'm going to use the eternally-confusing GMT time whatchamacallit because that's how forum time works. Everyone knows how many hours they're offset, right?

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 25, 2011, 10:18:07 pm »

Tell me how this is
Metal Messiah
BAB like a paladin
SAVES like a paladin
SPELLS can only cast metal related domain spells, such as from domains: travel war strength magic fire evil earth death destruction animal creation courage death hatred madness metal.   So no cure light wounds or stuff like that
Spell Progression
0 - 0 - 1 - 1 - 2 - 2
1 - 0 - 0 - 1 - 1 - 2
2 - 0 - 0 - 0 - 1 - 1
3 - 0 - 0 - 0 - 1 - 1
and so on
Feats
level 1 Smite+4tohit +level to damage, Impale(its like stunning fist but with chains)
level 2  Hatred Once per day as a free action, choose
one opponent. Against that foe you gain a +2 profane bonus on
attack rolls, saving throws, and Armor Class for 1 minute.
Magic Mount: you get a mechanical metal mount, gets some resilience's at level 5 like a paladins mount
Level 3 Command and rebuke undead like a paladin, but evil. something else

Hows that so far? Should i cast spells from charisma or Wis? I'd like to still have to memorize them like a cleric because i hate sorcerers
what else...hmm i forget OH, i should lose my powers if i become too nice, like a cleric.

choobakka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 25, 2011, 10:19:02 pm »

I won't be able to do weekdays before 5:30 until june 10. Because of school and all.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 25, 2011, 11:21:10 pm »

I'm thinking that the class Knight from the PH2 would be neat. I've never tried it before.

Anything but warmage.  :P

Okay, crab stuff, uhhh, well I did add a ability:

CRAB MIND!: You can cast mind link as a spell like ability at will.

But then I took it away cause I noticed that nothing said I could not speak common.

On size, I really wanted to make a fine crab, and have it hide on one of the other players, but then I thought you would most likely not like that, so I made it tiny. Anyway, that aside, I could scale it up to small if you want. That would be pretty easy.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 26, 2011, 12:23:04 am »

Spoiler: Proposed Choker (click to show/hide)

I removed oodles of extra feats and half the natural armor, the more extreme stats were curbed, Quickness was limited, and the climb speed is still even weaker than that of a Grippli. Is it balanced enough? I don't want to completely wipe out the strength and dex bonuses and the charisma and intelligence penalties because chokers are dumb but strong. That's how they operate. They don't need charisma and intelligence. If someone asks a choker about the applications of their postmodern view on postmodernism, they choke them.

EDIT: Derp, I just read the part about the stats you selected. They are now in the description. (Though transferring the Wisdom to strength or dexterity would make more sense flavorwise, it's your call for balance.)

EDIT EDIT: Sheet. Incomplete in parts, but the basis is there.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2011, 12:56:14 am by Barbarossa the Seal God »

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 38