Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: ***MECHANIXM'S VANILLA DF PLUS 31.25 MOD***  (Read 16770 times)

Mechanixm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
***MECHANIXM'S VANILLA DF PLUS 31.25 MOD***
« on: June 25, 2011, 04:14:08 pm »

Mechanixm's Vanilla DF Plus 31.25

Download Full Version with Graphics Here: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=4569

Download Full Version withOUT Graphics Here: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=4757

The goal of this mod is to stay true to the original theme of the game while adding content and functionality.  You won't find new races, or metals, or monsters here.  Here you will find Dworfs and tools and workshops.

I am by no means the sole creator of all the features of this mod, and I will have an acknowledgments section at the end for those I pilfered ideas from.

Features:

New Workshops

Blast Furnace & Furniture Workshop & Grinder - I borrowed these three shops from Deon's Genesis, but I revamped them quite a bit.  I added many many more batch smelting reactions to the Blast Furnace, more stone and glass reactions to the Furniture Workshop, and revamped the Grinder to do many many more fun things.  The Grinder can now make mechanisms and traction benches, so now you no longer need the useless Mechanics Workshop.

Philosopher's Garden - Another workshop borrowed from Deon, but with the trained skills tweaked.

Training Workshops - Four new 2x2 training workshops are included to train any skill you wish to train.

Crematorium - Burnable stuff goes in...ash comes out.

Smelter - The original Smelter now has more reactions and the ability to make combination metals straight from ores instead of only from bars.

Kiln - Take ash and clay and turn it in to coal along with a couple other small tweaks to existing reactions.  Plus, you can now make plaster from stone other than just Gypsum.

Unraveler - If it's made of cloth or leather, it can probably be unraveled in to it's original materials, with a small chance of failure.  (Only undecorated or non-improved items will be able to be Unraveled)

Display Case - The obligatory Display Case to display your most wondrous creations.

Game Play Tweaks:

Aren't Dworfs the foremost Stone Crafters and Masons in the world?  All things should be craftable from stone...and they now are.

Producing coal, ash, pearlash, and potash now produce multiple items from a singular reagent.

You can now grow indoor plants all year round.  There are no seasons underground.

Some items of clothing have been modded out of the game.  I found them to be unnecessary, but if you want to add them back in, feel free to do so.

Nerves will now heal, albeit very slowly.

Graphics

All testing and game play was done using the Phoebus Graphics pack, so it is also included in this mod.

Acknowlegements

Thanks Deon Genesis for providing many ideas, hard work and effort, and the framework to help me figure out basic modding.

Thanks Uruk for the ideas for the Crematorium and Unraveler.

Thanks Phoebus for your sweet graphics pack.

Thank you Kipi and Dwarf Fortress Advanced mod for ideas and inspiration.

Thank you IT 000 and Corrosion Mod for ideas and inspiration.

Most of all, thank you Tarn and Zach Adams for making such an awesome game!

***Mod Updates***

v2011.07.30
Normal Mechanism created at the Grinder will now only use Worthless Stone
Removed PET_EXOTIC label from animals so that anything can be tamed
Removed ADOPT_OWNER from Cats
Removed GOOD and EVIL modifiers from plants
Re-Added some Nobles that had been left out originally. They are now the same as what are in Genesis
Batch Create Stone Blocks at the Grinder will now only use Worthless Stone
Removed Forbidden Walking locations in all Custom Workshops. This was causing lag for some reason.
Smelting Steel had been accidentally removed from the Smelter. It is back now.

Added download option for the Full Game with Raws Only.

v2011.07.06
Removed additional metal functionality.  It causes the game to crash when searching for sites.
The mod download is now the full game install with all of my modifications plus Phoebus' Graphics pack already setup.  Just unzip and start playing!

v2011.07.05
Fixed another typo in inorganic_metal.txt RAW
Added additional functionality of all metals in the game
Removed Aquifers
Added Soap Making to the Library of Farmwork.

v2011.07.01 - Fixed a typo in the inorganic_metal.txt RAW
v2011.06.28 - I accidentally included the wrong plant_standard.txt. I put in the correct one.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2011, 03:45:40 pm by Mechanixm »

Mechanixm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ***MECHANIXM'S VANILLA DF PLUS 31.25 MOD***
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2011, 10:05:31 am »

*reserved, just in case*

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2011, 11:04:46 am »

seems ok. i'll try it!

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2011, 12:51:38 pm »

I can tell you one thing. Good luck with trying to stay close to the vanilla! :D

Genesis started as DF Complete, just a mod which added a bunch of stuff and tried to stay close to vanilla... And look where it is now, haha. :D
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Mechanixm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2011, 05:57:30 pm »

I can tell you one thing. Good luck with trying to stay close to the vanilla! :D

Genesis started as DF Complete, just a mod which added a bunch of stuff and tried to stay close to vanilla... And look where it is now, haha. :D

HaHa!  That may be the case Deon.  I'm pretty happy with how non-complicated it is right now, but only time will tell.

Give it a try an let me know what you think.  You may approve of some of the reactions I've added to the Blast Furnace, Furniture Workshop, and Grinder.  If you want to transfer the mover to Genesis, please feel free to do so.  :)

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2011, 06:49:58 pm »

I noticed you said that nerves now heal. Have you tested this? If I remember correctly, it is impossible for nerves to heal because the only way they can actually be damaged is if they are "severed," and since severed parts don't grow back yet, neither will nerves.

Good additions, though. Underground seasons are interesting.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

celem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2011, 06:54:19 pm »

Adding healing rate to nerves will let the spinal nerve heal since that doesnt sever
Marksdwarf Pillboxes
I wish I had something cool to say about this.  Because it's really cool.

Mechanixm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2011, 07:45:37 pm »

I didn't test it extensively, but I read somewhere that adding the below entry to the tissue_template_default under Nerve_Template will allow them to heal.

[HEALING_RATE:1000]

The higher the number the slower the healing rate.

It might or might not work...but it looks like it should.  :)

Mechanixm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2011, 10:35:47 pm »

Whoops...I had the wrong plant_standard.txt zipped up.  I'm not sure when that happened, but it's been fixed.

Mechanixm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2011, 08:30:16 pm »

Thank you anonymous private messenger for pointing out the typos in the material template file.

nanomagnetic

• Bay Watcher
  • cable * sprocket * chain
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2011, 12:12:04 pm »

Cool! I downloaded and now I'm checking out the RAWs. I have to ask, do workshops require a regent? Because in the farming library raw, I see that dwarf has to carry one boulder to the workshop, in order to contemplate farming. More realistically, there would be a bookmaking workshop, and particular books and the dorfs would pick the appropriate book to read. But this is much MUCH more Dwarfy :D

Urist McProfessor assigns homework: "Here, hold this boulder, and you will learn the secrets of Comedy and Carpentry."
Foldedlens -- 1004

Mechanixm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2011, 09:11:44 pm »

Cool! I downloaded and now I'm checking out the RAWs. I have to ask, do workshops require a regent? Because in the farming library raw, I see that dwarf has to carry one boulder to the workshop, in order to contemplate farming. More realistically, there would be a bookmaking workshop, and particular books and the dorfs would pick the appropriate book to read. But this is much MUCH more Dwarfy :D

Urist McProfessor assigns homework: "Here, hold this boulder, and you will learn the secrets of Comedy and Carpentry."

I'm not sure about previous versions of DF (since I just started playing after 31.25 was released), but I think this version does require a reagent of some sort.

The "using the book" method definitely makes more sense and is implemented in other mods like Genesis.  This however, is far simpler, which is what I was going for.

Also, once one boulder is carried to the workshop, then all subsequent training exercises will then use that boulder instead of going to grab another one, in case there was any confusion there...

Mechanixm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2011, 10:59:04 pm »

The full install of the game is now prepackaged with my mod.

Doro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2011, 08:29:02 am »

Is there anyway to get a regular version without graphic packs? I just added the Object folder and replaced my vanilla one and it seems to have messed up all the mineral graphics. like clay loam wall is red "Ä" on brown background. and obsidian is "ë" and it's kinda annoying.

EDIT: and btw, i copied all of the vanilla files back (but kept all the modded files) but that didnt seem to fix it, and just noticed that even critters, like dragonflies are shown as "é"
« Last Edit: July 10, 2011, 08:33:26 am by Doro »

Mechanixm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2011, 10:42:42 am »

Doro...sorry for the late response.

Yes this is possible.  I will modify the Download page with just the RAWs sometime later today.
Pages: [1] 2 3