Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 30

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XXV - Game over, webadict wins.  (Read 61557 times)

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XXV - Day 1: IN UR BASE...
« Reply #75 on: July 14, 2011, 09:56:18 am »

Also Vector, help me understand a rule. If there's one vote for Guy A, and one vote for Guy B, and no other votes at the end of the day, who gets lynched?

anzki4

• Bay Watcher
  • On the wings of maybe
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 14, 2011, 09:58:07 am »

anzki4 whats your plan?
Pretty much the same as you, random voting and questioning,.

Definitely Scout. I like being independent, and helping when necessary.
So you're quick and deadly, eh?

Meanmelter, how do you plan to protect the rest of us?
Rolefishing already?

Also Vector, help me understand a rule. If there's one vote for Guy A, and one vote for Guy B, and no other votes at the end of the day, who gets lynched?

No one. Methinks.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 14, 2011, 10:01:58 am »

No one. Methinks.
Indeed. Unless there's voting shenanigans going on, but that won't happen in a BM.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 14, 2011, 10:03:54 am »

Except when I'm dead :P I may be powerful and fast as a scout but I'm still sorta squishy compared to, say, a heavy. And that fits how I roll.

Rolefishing already?

Yes. It's a double edged sword -- if he's not the role I'm taking a wild guess at, I get at least a look at his playstyle. Maybe even spot a scumtell.

No one. Methinks.

Ah, thanks. That's what I figured, just wanted to be sure.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 14, 2011, 10:05:35 am »

I have a class, but wow--good thing I'm voting you because DON'T FUCKING ROLEFISH.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 14, 2011, 10:06:53 am »

I have a class, but wow--good thing I'm voting you because DON'T FUCKING ROLEFISH.

What? Why not? Educate me, what's wrong with it?

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 14, 2011, 10:07:36 am »

Oh, nevermind, just read the CEA on that. Yeah, probably not a good idea  :-\

anzki4

• Bay Watcher
  • On the wings of maybe
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 14, 2011, 10:27:11 am »

Unvote.

Flintus10, you were picked up by the lady luck. Tell me, if she would have chosen you to become a red spy as well, what would be your strategy ?

Everyone except freeformschooler, what's your favorite class and why?

anzki4

• Bay Watcher
  • On the wings of maybe
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 14, 2011, 10:33:49 am »

Also freeformschooler, what were you thinking you would achieve by knowing someones role if you are a town?

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XXV - Because why the fuck not. 7/7+2/2
« Reply #84 on: July 14, 2011, 10:44:46 am »

Freeformschooler, what do you consider your most important line of defense?

My most important line of defense? As in who I consider best to defend me as an organization? I'd say my own team. They've got my back.

freeformschooler, what is your favorite class ?

I have two serious problems with this.

1.  Your line of defense is your teammates?  How the fuck do you know who your teammates are unless you are scum?

2. As Vector already pointed out, the meanmelter question is a role-fish, or fitting with the above problem.  He could be scum and you've got each  others backs so you're slipping and asking blatantly obvious questions that should be lest to scum chat.  The latter is a tad of a WIFOM, but in the case of a noob it could be an easy scum tell.

Oh, nevermind, just read the CEA on that. Yeah, probably not a good idea  :-\
Don't use worm-words like probably.  It's NOT a good idea for you if you are town, because leading us into a mislynch with carelessness screws everyone over.  Of course it's always bad for your well being if you go around acting like a scum.

Deadmeat1471, how do you plan to find the scums ?

freeformschooler, what is your favorite class ?

Meanmelter, which is better color, red or blue?
Holy crap, a duo of crappy questions.  Two and Three are hooked so obviously to be pointless.

The second is a role-fish plain and simple.

Unvote.

Flintus10, you were picked up by the lady luck. Tell me, if she would have chosen you to become a red spy as well, what would be your strategy ?

Everyone except freeformschooler, what's your favorite class and why?
Holy fuck a group rolefish directly after freeformschooler gets slammed on it.

anzki4-Have you read any of the scum hunting guides or are you just winging it? And then what do you mean "if she would have chosen you to become a red spy as well"
anzki4 Is this implying you are a red spy?

Max White-Do you intend to stay as active as you did last game, and if so what will you be doing about lurkers this time?

Nom nom nom

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 14, 2011, 10:54:31 am »

Also freeformschooler, what were you thinking you would achieve by knowing someones role if you are a town?

In retrospect, I am sure I thought there was some advantage, but "protect" was not originally meant as a role-finding word. I hopped on the role-finding bandwagon when I thought "sure, I could achieve something with that!" but Vector corrected me.

However, I anticipated (and hoped for) two possible responses:

1) "Protect" would be taken as "if you're a town you'll try to protect the other townies" or something to that effect. Digging for scumtells (thus my scumtell addendum), though in hindsight that was a pretty weak effort.
2) "Protect" would be taken as a fluff question - similar to "what is your favorite class" - to hopefully get a clue to deadmeat's general motives and playstyle. Although now that I think about it, "what is your favorite class" was probably a rolefishing question too. Why did you ask that anyway?

Let me know if either of these are unrealistic.

I have two serious problems with this.

1.  Your line of defense is your teammates?  How the fuck do you know who your teammates are unless you are scum?

2. As Vector already pointed out, the meanmelter question is a role-fish, or fitting with the above problem.  He could be scum and you've got each  others backs so you're slipping and asking blatantly obvious questions that should be lest to scum chat.  The latter is a tad of a WIFOM, but in the case of a noob it could be an easy scum tell.

1. Asking what my best line of defense is sounded like a scumtell-hunting fluff question, so I answered with more fluff.

2. Covered above. Thanks for the tip though.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 14, 2011, 10:57:13 am »

"what is your favorite class" was probably a rolefishing question too. Why did you ask that anyway?

^^^

You can pretend I didn't say that. I'm now convinced it's not a rolefishing question with the previous few posts.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 14, 2011, 10:59:40 am »

Oh and yeah I have another question. anzki4, what's with the nonsense useless questions like "red or blue"? What are you expecting to gain out of these?

anzki4

• Bay Watcher
  • On the wings of maybe
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 14, 2011, 11:42:06 am »

Holy crap, a duo of crappy questions.  Two and Three are hooked so obviously to be pointless.
Oh and yeah I have another question. anzki4, what's with the nonsense useless questions like "red or blue"? What are you expecting to gain out of these?
I am probably not gonna gain nothing for those crappy random questions, but ya never know before you try.

The second is a role-fish plain and simple.
Holy fuck a group rolefish directly after freeformschooler gets slammed on it.
Nope. Did you read the question, because I can faintly remember it saying "What is your favorite class?" You however, in case you didn't know it, cannot choose your class in this one. Which means that "favorite class" != "your class".

anzki4-Have you read any of the scum hunting guides or are you just winging it? And then what do you mean "if she would have chosen you to become a red spy as well"
"As well" was referring to the fact that lady luck chose him/her for random vote.

As for the other point, define "winging it."

anzki4 Is this implying you are a red spy?
You tell me.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 14, 2011, 11:57:05 am »

I am probably not gonna gain nothing for those crappy random questions, but ya never know before you try.

Yeah, that's how I feel right now. Best to see what people say to useless questions so that slip-ups their answers may let me build hefty a case later.

...Alright, I can't find much else on you for right now so I'm gonna stick to my previous vote. However, I will note that while I don't have any real evidence or anything substantial it was role-fishing, this:

what is your favorite class ?

Sounds a lot more like a role-fish due to following its answer up with this:

Than you're probably thinking it does here:

Nope. Did you read the question, because I can faintly remember it saying "What is your favorite class?" You however, in case you didn't know it, cannot choose your class in this one. Which means that "favorite class" != "your class".
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 30