Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 25

Author Topic: Ceilingchew - Succession Game - More spots open!  (Read 38617 times)

Pisano

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ceilingchew - Succession Game - More spots open!
« Reply #165 on: September 04, 2011, 11:56:58 pm »

Yeah there are 155 dwarves and a lot of mined out areas and stockpiles.  That said there is almost no unstockpiled stone except on the stripmining level.  When the siege was going on with ~15 trolls and ~50 goblins the framerate was worse for me.

Varnifane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: September 11, 2011, 10:41:26 am »

I can't get to the wimbli site. Can someone email me the current save?

Or post it on another share site.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2011, 04:05:56 pm by Varnifane »
I regret to inform the community that the mass murder of puppies does not create a viable clock.
I don't know if you need other ideas when you have magma.

Varnifane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: September 11, 2011, 08:52:44 pm »

With wimbli still down I used 4shared.com in another succession game.
I regret to inform the community that the mass murder of puppies does not create a viable clock.

drakon136

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: September 15, 2011, 11:18:57 am »

Okay, now I'm done waiting for more people. You can all stil sign up, but I'll be starting my turn now.
Also, I've made some modifications to the OP.

Varnifane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: September 15, 2011, 11:51:18 am »

Sorry. I dropped the ball.

drakon136

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: September 15, 2011, 12:17:04 pm »

Holy shit, there's a lot of lag for me. I hate having a horrible computer. 5-10 FPS is not a good thing. I'm officially skipping myself. Varn, your turn.

Save here.

Varnifane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: September 15, 2011, 04:22:03 pm »

I pulled it down and will take a look at it this evening.

Varnifane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: September 15, 2011, 05:03:07 pm »

HOLY SHITBALLS!!!
I get a turn in a succession fort:
  • with an FPS above 60
  • that isn't in a tantrum spiral (yet)
  • With skilled dwarves
  • access to the makings for steel
This is going to be pure joy.

Goals for this year:
  • Fix the holes in the defenses. (Some baddies fly don-cha-know)
  • Mega Magma Forge Complex
  • 50 dwarf army (fully equipped)
  • Entrance of doom
  • Hospital if we don't have one (I didn't see one in the quick glance)
  • Carve out two other underground forts in strategic locations
If I get that done soon enough I will try a couple of ideas I have been thinking about...

Monkeyfacedprickleback

• Bay Watcher
  • Sweet flaming monkey fire WHY are they doing that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: September 15, 2011, 05:05:29 pm »

Could i take a turn? My first succession fort... Annnd considering the previous post it lokks like a pretty good one.

Varnifane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: September 15, 2011, 10:57:56 pm »

To those who are dorfed:

Is there something you would like your dorfs to do this year?

The earlier you respond, the more likely it is I can accommodate.

Thanks.

drakon136

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: September 15, 2011, 11:19:45 pm »

Could i take a turn? My first succession fort... Annnd considering the previous post it lokks like a pretty good one.
Added.

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: September 15, 2011, 11:39:54 pm »

Is there something you would like your dorfs to do this year?
Spizha's out of work. Needs a new job. Like Captain of the Guard or something. Or Dungeonsmith I should say.

Although you may want set up a makeshift prison before you consider appointing a Guard. The dwarfy alternative to imprisonment is usually death, in my experience.

Suddenly I feel like taking another stab at this fortress. I'll wait until there's another shortage of players, to avoid potential disappointment.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 01:34:23 am by Spish »
Ah, yes, I thought something was amiss. Now I see. There's not enough terrible things in the lakes.

Varnifane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: September 16, 2011, 12:45:43 am »

Dungeonsmith it is.

I haven't appointed a captain of the guard in any fort I built in the last year. Saves on the mayor and noble assassinations.

Varnifane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: September 16, 2011, 02:08:43 am »

After walking around a bit I enlisted a few dwarves to carry some bins for me and made my way to the meeting hall. As we were walking, more and more dwarves started following. What I picked up from the banter was that there hadn’t been a serious attack, and they hadn’t had an honest job for awhile. They had carved out a nice place for themselves and were growing comfortable. They were growing soft. Upon reaching the meeting hall I took up a position near the center and had the bins placed in front of me.

I looked out into the faces of fifty plus clean and well fed dwarves. “I have a job in mind and I need two score dwarves.” They looked around at their friends to see who was going to volunteer so they could go back to drink and dice. I kicked over the bins and the contents spilled onto the polished stone. As one hey looked at the treasure and then back to me with bemused smiles. They didn’t get it.

I grabbed one of the picks that lay at my feet and held it up in front of me. Looking at it I continued, “We are dwarves that have carved out a comfortable little hovel in this remote part of the world. We have seen some conflict and we have held our own. We are dwarves after all.” I smiled and they laughed. “We have grown to more than 150 dwarves and boast of more than a few legendary craftsdwarves. Every year our notoriety grows. We truly have accomplished something.” They started cheering.  ”Which means we have something that is worth taking.” They stopped.

“Our defenses have numerous holes. Our military is small and poorly equipped. We would not survive a large and sustained siege... Or a titan... Or one of the fell beasts that lurks in the caverns below... Or all three at the same time.” They were still.

“What I need is a dwarf to lead a mining expedition into the rock below us.” One voice called back, “How deep?” Turning toward him, “As deep as you can go. I suspect there are multiple layers of caverns below us, each full of vast treasure and certain doom. I need you to find a way around them. Below us are vast underground lakes. I need you to find a way around them and I need you to not disturb the creatures that slumber therein. I need you to find a safe path to the great magma sea.” They started to move.

As the mass of well groomed dwarves started to turn away one dwarf came forward and took hold of the pick in my hand. There was a look of determination in her eyes and as I pulled the pick away, she held fast.

After a moment I let go, said “Tell me when it is done”, and walked away to the sound of Spizha assembling her team.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 02:12:14 am by Varnifane »

Varnifane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: September 17, 2011, 03:49:02 am »

It's a little hard for me to unpause with 50+ idle dwarves showing before I know I have work for all of them. But after a couple hours of making lists and planning, I finally did it.

Will update in the morning (PST).
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 25